What can I do with my Game Idea?

Nethendol

I have a game idea, based on my idea of the evolutionary chain of humankind.  Who can I tell it to?  I mean, I am going to go for game art in the near future, but I want it made if possible, and especially sooner.  (If you have to, you may move this post to a different section.)  I need advice.

• Like 1

That's really cool. Well, just to let you know, this isn't an Official 343i site, it's fan-made so, if you are looking for counsel thinking that this IS 343i, it isn't just to let you know. :) I'd suggest try to go to waypoint, being lucky enough for 343i to read. If you didn't mean it by that, then I'd suggest you go make a public post, saying that you're looking for someone who can make games, and develop your game.

Develop the idea more, then when you're finished your program, pitch it to a game studio you got hired to work for once you've worked there for awhile. The reason why I say that is because if you start spreading the idea around, saying "oh yeah, I've got an idea for a game that's a real winner," a game studio may end up stealing it and claim it as their own.

Keep it under wraps until you're ready to pitch it or construct the game yourself.

• Like 1

Learn programming/ coding language

Get some expensive software

Find a game engine (If it has graphics)

Start writing/ doing buttons (If text-based)

Do your concept art

Convert this concept art toin-game pictures

Find a way to host it on the web.

If you're expecting a Halo-like AAA title, it's just not happening.

I agree with what Maestro The Stampede said. you should take their advice. Doing something like this takes time and patience. Make sure you write things down, make sure you know what your doing. Make it more than just an idea, create the whole storyline and put as much effort into this as possible. Make it into an actual game and then present it to a company.

• 1 month later...