Halo 5 Ideas/Wishes

Frostfog

Hi Guys! Frostfog here and I've decided to start this little forum with you guys to talk about some Halo 5 ideas, news and anything Halo 5 really. (I'm not one of those people that would just like a rehashed version of Halo 3 as I thoroughly enjoyed Halo 4.) If you've got an idea just paste it here, feel free to go crazy with some creative ideas. I'll do my best to keep you guys posted, I'll be on here regularly so if you would like I will probably reply in someway shape or form, so that this little forum will remain extremely active. Whilst I don't want everything in Halo 3 back I will be asking/discussing for a few things back from the older games. If a cool new idea pops into my mind I will be sure to post it here. So guys just go crazy if you like throw ideas out there anything you would like in the upcoming Halo titles and what you want back. The goal of this is to make a little community dent of our own in Halo 5 and show 343i what we want.

I do have a few ideas already.

- A Flying UNSC vehicle. Because they implied a lot of teamwork and were fun to pilot.

- Underwater/Boat/Submarine Battles (with the ability to be able to swim)

- A cool dark map with tunnels and a train that goes round and round in circles. Weapons ONLY spawn on the train implying map control and should be a lot of fun to play. (Or interesting at least.)

- New creative weapons because in my opinion the weapons in Halo 4 seriously lacked in variety. (Every race has an assault rifle, sniper rifle etc.) We need more creative weapons such as the needler

- 2 different matchmaking sets. 1 for people who like ordnance drops, loadouts, ranking system based on exp instead of skill etc. and 1 for the competitive Halo 3 players with a race for map control, all spawn with the same weapon and the Halo 3 1-50 Ranking System. This way both sides of the community are happy.

- Destructible environment.

- Remove Death Boundaries and invisible walls because they are lazy.

- Being able to climb up ledges with the action button if you for example fall off of a tower.

- Able to push rocks and other objects off cliffs, towers and other high places.

- Bring the Arbiter back in Campaign. (But don't force it.)

- Return of dual-wielding and Firefight

- Bring back and introduce more crazy messed up gametypes such as Invasion in Multiplayer.

- Introduce more Promethean enemies.

- Promethean vehicles

- SMG, Bruteshot, Plasma Rifle, Spiker

Finally the best idea I've had in my opinion and what I would like most.

- A Promethean Bow and Arrow

Please note: Not all of these are my ideas I just simply support them.

• Like 1

Lol , I'm playing halo 3 right now and I remember something.... In halo 4 , I couldn't activate a flash light . LMAO. Does anyone know if halo 4 has a flash light in the armor that i don't know of ? LMAO.

In halo 3 , in campaign, there was more ground troops supporting master Chief than in halo 4... I would like more ground troops in halo 5 please. Reason why , I like to have like this all out war and stuff and its fun saving the troops due to my point of view . I even give them the best weapons.

An excellent point. I have also noticed that there is no flashlight or nightvision in Halo 4. Thanks for pointing it out! It didn't even cross my mind when I started this thread. Hey guys a lot of people have been saying it would be cool if you could assassinate a Hunter. I disagree it takes the point of them away then i started thinking. Hunters sometimes charge at you right? When it does this he'll slam his shield into the ground. Maybe you could board it like a vehicle and then stick a grenade in it's back like Forward unto dawn. What do you think? Comment below, let me know!

I think that they should make a dominion/ firefight thing in halo 5 where u capture base and they make fortifications or every gets part of the map that is there's and after every wave every has max 5 mins to build stuff sort of like in halo wars to defend ur base

Opps when I said every and it didn't sound right I meant every one soz

I hope we get a Forge World map in outer space where one side of the map has a mini shield world for one teams base, and the other side's base is a mini Halo Instillation. Halo ring team must get to the shield world and capture the index which the other team is defending. Then the other team must try to stop the Halo Ring Team from activating the Halo. Once its activated there would be a two-minute-fifty-second doomsday countdown clock that appears.... Shield worlds team would have one last chance to stop them. The only way they could survive is by being on the shield world when the countdown reach's zero. Anyone not on the shield world would be obliterated...

A shield world would protect you, yes. Could we build one today? No... BUT if you reversed the Polarity's of the fluctuating, Combustion, of the Displacemented dispersal units, into reverse override Level 3, and adjusted the Frequency of the Hyperbolic Space Time Continuum and altered it to a Optimal Level of Habitable Capabilities and combined it with a large enough self sustaining ecosystem and Created an Artificial Intelligence that was Unencumbered, you could have an Operable and in working order shield world capable of sustaining a blast equivalent to the magnitude levels of a halo ring firing. That is of course you built it correctly and Floccinaucinihilipilification isn't included in the same sentence as your design infrastructure... 

But onto your idea. It sounds very interesting but it sounds like something from a Star Wars game.

ummm...... Stig I think you're on the wrong forum.

PS: Can you actually talk?

Hey guys! I recently noticed that in Halo 4 there are almost no spots where you can make bullet holes on walls, trees, floor or anything really. So I'm now speaking directly to 343 Industries here. Can we please make bullet holes in things? Also make an easter egg with noble Six's helmet. Maybe you could have a mission on Reach again? Imagine going back to Reach in H5........ wouldn't that be amazing?

• 2 weeks later...

I rememeber the boss battles in H2/H3, and I didn't really care for them. Instead of hitting the monitor a few times with a laser, or shooting the H2 boss over and over again, seems silly to me. I'd rather have battles more down to earth, where I need to battle my way out, or have an enemy that doesn't have a huge amount of health.... The chief Brute at the end of Halo 2 was more powerful than pretty much anything else, sorta made Halo feel like  game more than you being a spartan in the Halo universe.

Some of you have said more friendly AI should be on the ground assisting you. Yeah I think with the new XboxOne hardware, 343I should have more freedom to do stuff like that. Maybe they could create these massive battles in a canyon or something, and then you come in and have to complete objectives or something while navigating through the battle. It would help take the focus away from just you against everything else it seems, something thats starting to lose appeal for me anyways. Or you could have the Flood and Forerunner enemies in battle too. I think one of the best things about Halo was the huge battle scenes you were thrown into. Hopefully 343 will consider emmersing the player into huge battles more, with multiple sides fighting.

New Halo multiplayer mode/ war game

Hello, everyone. I would greatly enjoy to propose an idea for a new war game for Halo 5, or any other future Halo games. What I am proposing is a tag game, not like tag team, but the game that we all played on the playground as kids. I don't quite have a name for it other than tag, but I'll leave that to the developers. The rules of the game will be that it is an 8 player FFA, where the game randomly decides who starts out being "it" and the rest of the 7 players are going to not be. An icon reading the word IT will appear above the player who is it. When the player is it, he has to kill someone, whoever he/she kills will respawn being it. The game will go for 10-15 minutes, whoever is it for the longest amount of time loses, you don't have to win, just try to not be the loser. You could get a special medal if you kill the person who is it. You could have 3 different branches of this mode, normal tag, with a map and custom load outs, a tag pro mode where you only get the default load outs, and a fiesta classic version, where you get 2 random weapons and whichever grenades the game decides will be in it. I will be thrilled if this idea actually gets put in future Halo games. Please reply if you think this idea has a shot, and if the 343 workers see this and think it's a good idea please email me at [email protected] and tell me what you think. Thank you. P.S. forum members please do not use this email address for anything, ignore it, because I don't want my inbox filled with a bunch of random people's emails. Thank you again for your understanding.

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't repley in a while! Thankyou for all your posts and ideas.

I think it would be cool if the campaign really focuses on Chief (perhaps Arbiter?) and how they'ref eeling. This would be monumental for a Halo game and really bring it back where it belongs. This what I want most this I believe is something everyone wants in a halo game. 343 GIVE US A GRIPPING STORY LIKE HALO 4 BUT LONGER! GIVE IT TIME! DELAY IT IF YOU HAVE TO! GIVE THE COMMUNITY WHAT WE WANT WE'LL GIVE YOU THE FEEDBACK THAT YOU WANT!

The flood firefight sounds awesome! I think it would be cool if you could throw prometheans, covenant and flood together in firefight. As for the brutes...

Well... the thing is thanks to the human-covenant war brutes are an endangered species and can't afford to fight anymore. If we're lucky, they might find a way to implement them though.

It would be cool if they brought back firefight. When the game starts, you should start off in a room of a ship or a briefing room, where you can grab some weapons before you fight, and maybe a hologram showing the battlefield. Then you can go inside your drop pod  and you get shot down onto the battlefield. The drop pod would open up and you can jump out into battle. They could integrate some objective into the firefight mission too, or unlock-able items / weapons /  vehicles / marine help etc.  There can be different types of firefight missions, like the classic human vs covenant, flood survival, promethean etc.

I think it would be pretty awesome if they added a game type that is a large scale combination of invasion and dominion.

take the elites vs spartans concept from invasion and the aspect of needing to control bases to gain advantage like dominion.

maybe have a level where elites have a lich as a floating base that can slowly move around the level and fire/drop of elites. spartens would get air support and anti air turrets. idk, needs work but could be cool.

I don't know... I think we should be as hopeful and as imaginative as possible. With the new hardware they could do some pretty spectacular stuff. If we sit back and never say anything we may just end up with something less than mind-blowing. Who knows, maybe something said down here in the lowly forums will actually make it into the game.

I'd love to see super-heavies like the mammoth or scarab in Invasion. More Invasion is always a good thing! With as popular as Invasion is and with how much the community misses it, I would be shocked, SHOCKED, if the developers decided to go ahead without something like it.

Yes! Make Halo 5's campaign more of a war feeling rather than a one man army. Master Chief is boss and could do it all alone, but a war makes it epic. Maybe even taking the war back to earth in the cities. If it gets to crazy then call in Arbiter and the Elites. Put in other Spartans to impact the storyline! With some good character development 343 can make a longer and in depth campaign.

They should also add space wars to add more of the futuristic side to Halo. Slipspace on the Infinity and all. Possibly even adding drop pods from low orbit stations outside of planets. Just like ODSTs drop into the battle, they should do the same except with Spartans. Drop pods even have the potential for future Spartan Ops, and in multiplayer game types.

A possible game type with the drop pods could be titled, "Invasion", where the offensive team is invading the defense team's territory and forcing them out or something.

Underwater battles would also be epic. Being able to swim too! Submarines would be an okay idea if you were playing as a marine and not a Spartan, especially the Chief.

New weapons that aren't similar to the old weapon system would be much appreciated as well. Maybe a gravity gun, looks like a shotgun and when shot close range the prey would go flying.

I agree with adding the flood, and adding the whole terrifying feel to them. They need to be scary and make people crap their pants. Looking like necromorphs from Dead Space is an awesome idea as well.

And more in depth armor customization would be sick too! Changing the color of the underarmor pieces, feet, and hands.

Make it easier to unlock armors, but the speed for ranking up was good as it was.

Spartan Ops should also be available offline.

Bring Firefight back! But remodel it's structure. Maybe make the flood come in sometimes. Or zombies ha.

Add the skulls again! I love looking for secrets in games and the skulls always made me spend more time on the games.

New armor abilities such as faster sprint, and make the jetpacks look like Iron Man!!

Those are my ideas. Feel free to add onto them!

• Like 1

I had a couple of ideas for some new weapons. 

Spartan Gravity Magnum-Using technology obtained from the brutes gravity hammer, a 6 shot revolver that shoots heavy bullets that detonate on impact with the same gravity effect as the gravity hammer. Can be used to send elites careening off in various directions. Just limit the ammo so it doesn't get too repetitive. Think of it as a flash bang grenade. It won't kill everything in a room, but it'll disorient long enough that you can finish them off. Can also shoot depleted Uranium slugs that can knock down an elite and punch holes in a promethian knight. 

Fuel-Air Cannon-Fires a toroidal vortex ring (Like a smoke ring) full of fuel and air. Is ignited once the user lets off the trigger. This allows the person firing to control where it explodes...thus allowing for it to shoot into a room and detonate in the middle. Loses power with distance. If it explodes too close it damages the person who fires it. Have to stand still to ignite it. Scorched Earth Mother !@#$@#@

Switchblade Bayonet.-A switchblade bayonet installed in the forearm of Mjolnir Armor that deploys on command. Allows spartans to deflect sword attacks (C'mon, all the enemy uses swords)

Advanced HUD- Lights up targets like promethian vision.

EMP Rounds-Shotgun rounds that don't fire projectiles, but an emp that temporarily disables all flying types and anything that floats by anti-gravity. Since promethians basically float, they would just come apart and fall to the ground. Then reassemble themselves if left alone for too long. Covenant energy weapons and shields would be temporarily disabled so they would have to resort to melee attacks. 

Sub-Sonic Rounds-Bullets that fire slower than the speed of sound and are therefore quiet. Cause less damage, but plenty enough to take out all the grunts before you move in on the elite. 

I'd like to see more reaction to damage. Like when an elite gets shot in the shoulder with a sniper, I'd like to see them get knocked over. Or when you blow a knight away with a shotgun, I'd like to see the little armor pieces get blown away before they digitize. Plasma weapons should leave black marks on the armor. 

I'd like to see the ODST's return, but perhaps give them a more specialized role. They should be stealthy, quiet, masters of recon and camouflage. Maybe have them drop into an area from orbit and have them disappear into the foliage. Maybe have them show up out of nowhere when you need help. Call them in like you would with the laser designater. 

Halo 4 had a serious lack of tanks. And battleship battles.

New pelican design is awesome. Don't change a thing.

As far as storylines go...Honestly I think you guys are all-ready doing a good job. I was really impressed. I honestly wasn't expecting the ending to Halo 4, and I know y'all were pretty rushed on that. I can't wait to see what you can do when you take your time so you can add all the little things that you had to skip.

In fact, I'm as entertained watching the cut scenes as I am playing the game. I would actually like longer cut scenes. I would love to have 30 minute cut-scenes with all the epic ship battles and character development that a movie would have. And then get to fight the battle! God what a rush that would be. 

Spartan-Ops was a really good idea. Basically an interactive T.V. show. Spend a little more time developing that and you'll really have something cool. Perhaps even the way things will be done going forward. Kind of like an epic movie, which then has an equally epic t.v. series that follows. 

And hey...
I got an idea for you that nobody has ever done before. I saw a report on T.V. a few years ago about a device that lets blind people see through sensors on their tongue. It's not perfected yet, but hey that was several years ago....

Now the way I see it, they basically figured out how to plug a tv signal directly into the human brain....so why not an xbox? Imagine how much cooler xbox would be if you didn't have the screen? Imagine playing as master chief, but the screen takes up your entire field of vision. You now have peripheral vision in a video game.