60 minute ban for quitting?!

I was not aware their was a 60 minute penalty for quitting to much... This seems a bit harsh especially seen as how 90% of games I get are VERY laggy especially in the championship playlist... I Feel like a 60 minute ban is rediculous especially as it was free for all and unplayably laggy... So what I am supposed to sit through unplayable games?! I rather not... I hardly think halo 4's playerbase is anywhere near large enought to punish anyone for anything I mean come on... 15,000 people playing at most a day... Matchmaking takes way long to find games due to the small ammount of players and when you do finaly get a game it is usually laggy even in the larger playlist... And no its not my internet... I can play basically any other online multiplayer fine... So I am not sure punishing your players for quitting out of TERRIBLE games is really the way to go... You should be doing everything you can to keep your fans interested and making them wait an hour to play for quitting out of crap games is not helping the cause at all :/

I was not aware their was a 60 minute penalty for quitting to much... This seems a bit harsh especially seen as how 90% of games I get are VERY laggy especially in the championship playlist... I Feel like a 60 minute ban is rediculous especially as it was free for all and unplayably laggy... So what I am supposed to sit through unplayable games?! I rather not... I hardly think halo 4's playerbase is anywhere near large enought to punish anyone for anything I mean come on... 15,000 people playing at most a day... Matchmaking takes way long to find games due to the small ammount of players and when you do finaly get a game it is usually laggy even in the larger playlist... And no its not my internet... I can play basically any other online multiplayer fine... So I am not sure punishing your players for quitting out of TERRIBLE games is really the way to go... You should be doing everything you can to keep your fans interested and making them wait an hour to play for quitting out of crap games is not helping the cause at all :/

I can agree with you on this as 343i did this 60 minutes to stop cheaters but I guess they never took into account that there games would be so laggy that players who do quit very much or at all are forced to because the games are unplayable :thumbsup:

Guilty! I quit all the time, only cause of the map or game type. But i pretty much agree with Mr. Wallace.

I can agree with you on this as 343i did this 60 minutes to stop cheaters but I guess they never took into account that there games would be so laggy that players who do quit very much or at all are forced to because the games are unplayable :thumbsup:

Makes you wonder where that "change host mechanic" is from Halo 3.. Anyone remember that? If you had a laggy host in Halo 3 you only had him for a minute then the game would switch to a different host.. It wasn't flawless but it worked.

I never understood why devs leave out features of their previous games, especially important ones.

Guilty! I quit all the time, only cause of the map or game type. But i pretty much agree with Mr. Wallace.

Makes you wonder where that "change host mechanic" is from Halo 3.. Anyone remember that? If you had a laggy host in Halo 3 you only had him for a minute then the game would switch to a different host.. It wasn't flawless but it worked.

I never understood why devs leave out features of their previous games, especially important ones.

well I guess that adds to the halo 5 wishlist :thumbsup:

Looking forward to halo 5's dedicated servers... 8)

Anyway, it's not that bad. Go read a book, forge a map, play spartan ops. Anti-cheating measures are there to stop people cheating, my advice; stop quitting.

But yeah, there is a lot of other things on that game alone than online play. Go use them ;)

that doesnt suprise me they are tring to encourage non quitting but that is a bit steep

I don't actually ever 'lag' that much in Halo 4.

Its either black screen, in which case I dont even have to play, or its fine. 

But I think the quit penalty is definitely ironic.

343 puts in a JIP process, and ALSO a quit-ban, means they are pretty much unsure of themselves.