Return to Reach

it has been speculated a lot that reach will return in future halos, but there has not been much evidence to back that statement up. Really, the only piece of evidence is the ship that is seen in the epilogue of halo reach, landing in the background behind the cracked helmet of noble 6. It is possible that humanity will try to re-colonize the planet, but how will that affect the story line and master chief? 

Allow me to sidetrack a bit

It is quite obvious that Chief desires to have his AI cortana back. Her demise broke his heart in the events of halo 4, and Chief is seen gripping Cortana's AI chip in the short trailer for halo 5. The only person known to be capable of bringing back Cortana, is Dr. Catherine Halsey. The relationship between Master Chief and Dr. Halsey could become very interesting, since Halsey is now working in cooperation with Jul mdama.  Chief sees Halsey as a mother figure and Chief is like a son to Halsey, so this could become even more controversial. Their relationship is not entirely important to my theory, so i will not discuss it any further. 

The AI cortana was created using a flash-cloned copy of Dr. Halsey's brain (a highly illegal method). She was also meant to resemble Halsey in physical appearance too. From what i remember, Halsey had created Cortana with experimental forerunner technology to make her superior to the average AI. This technology was from an underground forerunner facility, which happens to be located beneath Sword Base. Halsey's lab, as seen in halo reach's campaign, was there to research the forerunner artifacts and provide an ideal place to perfect Cortana

Long story short, Halsey will most likely need resources from her lab beneath the surface of reach in order to reconstruct Cortana for Chief. This is a key piece of evidence that hints a return to reach in the events of future halos

I think that Chief will be in a difficult situation; there is a good possibility he may be sent to retrieve the Janus Key and/or assassinate Halsey. This presents obvious problems for him that may lead to him rebelling. Add a (as of now, most likely) return of Mendicant Bias and the Flood, we can expect him to be torn between loyalty to the UNSC and someone who's pretty much his Mother. Add the rumours of Insurrectionists and Marines being enemies in 5...

• 3 weeks later...

Reach was re-colonized in 2589, if Halopedia is right, so a colonized Reach we probably won't see for a while, but a glassed one maybe. There isn't a whole lot left there, so I think Reach won't be seen in future Halos, even though it would be awesome, if there was a good reason to go there.

As for Cortana, she was created from Halsey's cloned brains, but with new cloned brains it wouldn't be the same, it'd be another AI very similar to Cortana, even Cortana said so. There already we're cloned brains that Halsey had put into cryo that might be even closer to Cortana, but they're most likely destroyed (and they still wouldn't be her).

The forerunner thing under Sword Base wasn't used when creating Cortana, she was examining it with Halsey (Halopedia again, but they had good sources).

But still, I want to see Reach again! Maybe Insurrectionists have a secret base there? Pirates' and other bad guys' meeting place? It's possible, but in my opinion, not very likely.

Let me start off with YES! Reach was the game that got me into halo and I'd love to return in a future game.

apparently, Reach was only partially glassed, the only problem is that Halsey's lab was destroyed by noble team, remember?

halo reach got me started on halo and it was pretty much better than halo longer, more weapons, good gametypes

• Like 1

Reach was re-colonized in 2589...

Yep. That's the #1 reason why Reach won't show up until then. For 1 it's probably been  barren until it was re-terraformed by 2589, and there would not be much of a reason to go there.

If anything a Halo game that is canonically set right before, or after 2589 is the game we'll see Reach return.