more xbox one Bs

TornadoFlame

I have the articles only in German, but you should be able to find similar reports in English.

The first one says, that MS again confirmed that not only the games, but the consoles themselves are country bound. Meaning: if you travel, forget taking along your XBox, but more important: if you move to another country, you can buy a new console! That may not be important in America, but in Europe where people can freely move within all countries of the EU, that is a BIG issue.

Article: http://www.rp-online.de/digitales/games/xbox-one-funktionen-im-ausland-beschraenkt-1.3473144

But the real bomb was this:

MS used PCs with Windows 7 and much higher evolved NVidia graphic cards to show the XBox games. Which is a real "joke" for too many reasons:

- apparently the games were shown in a much higher quality, the newspaper claims the games in the show sometimes crashes, showing the Windows 7 PC desktop. The actual card would be a mid class Radeon 7790, while on the PC was a NVidia of the 700 series, a much faster card. (Not to speak of the irony, that Nvidia is the competitor of AMD, who builds parts for the Xbox.)

- also apparently Windows 8 is not the system even Microsoft folks prefer, since all PCs were running with Windows 7 (ha ha!)

Lies and incompetence.

Article: http://www.chip.de/news/Xbox-One-E3-Demos-liefen-von-PCs-mit-Nvidia-Grafik_62563593.html

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/387719/page/1  (--- topic where i found it.

Some guy posted this on a website i found sources seem legit so i copy pasted. Not my work Just a simply copy paste Discuss? sadly i can't speak the lang but the pictures showed enough for me :P

Edited by TornadoFlame
  • Like 1

But the real bomb was this:

MS used PCs with Windows 7 and much higher evolved NVidia graphic cards to show the XBox games. Which is a real "joke" for too many reasons:

- apparently the games were shown in a much higher quality, the newspaper claims the games in the show sometimes crashes, showing the Windows 7 PC desktop. The actual card would be a mid class Radeon 7790, while on the PC was a NVidia of the 700 series, a much faster card. (Not to speak of the irony, that Nvidia is the competitor of AMD, who builds parts for the Xbox.)

- also apparently Windows 8 is not the system even Microsoft folks prefer, since all PCs were running with Windows 7 (ha ha!)

Lies and incompetence.

Article: http://www.chip.de/news/Xbox-One-E3-Demos-liefen-von-PCs-mit-Nvidia-Grafik_62563593.html

This particular issue has actually been clarified, and it turns out Microsoft actually had nothing to do with it:

Several Xbox One developers have come out and confirmed that their titles were most assuredly running on actual Xbox One dev kits. Apparently, only a single title: Lococycle, was running on a PC because it had not been ported to Xbox One yet, and the decision was made by the dev team, not Microsoft."

Source: The Escapist

The first one impacts people who plan on moving....

But moving impacts them to the point that any other impact really is just a small part of the 'moving' impact.

If you get what I mean. Hehe :P

Anyways, I didn't find Triple R's article that helpful as it only pointed it out at the bottom so I took their update's source for a read. Much more direct to the point of 'It was only one game.'

Long story short, an announced game called Lococycle wasn't fully ported to the Xbox One yet so they played it on a PC. Every other game being shown was on Xbox One hardware as shown by crashes, and UI.

Source:

"Xbox One Games DID NOT Run On High-End PCs At E3! | Forzacentral."Forzacentral. N.p., n.d. Web. 18 June 2013. <http://www.forzacentral.com/forum/threads/xbox-one-games-did-not-run-on-high-end-pcs-at-e3.39428/>.

Companies in the gaming industry have long used PC's to show their console or specific platform goods at trade shows, expos, etc.  When it comes to new hardware like game consoles, it's hard to have an actual playable demo compiled and bug free for public consumption.  The Xbox One and PS4 are too "new" to the devs for them to properly or timely issue demos to run.  Running them on comparable PC's instead of the console itself is actually worse than running it on a console.  With PC's, there is a large memory overhead having to boot and run back round services, along with the game and services themselves.

Remember, a console boots on small OS to run from, and the rest of the hardware/memory resources are straight away utilized to the fullest.  It is unfortunately, necessary to run a slightly higher graphics card to achieve the same results as the Xbox One for the purpose of a demo.