Crappy maps for Slayer

maddmaxx

Horrible job on the new maps 343, my son could make better ones. Your original's were good, but not talent working on these last ones. Oh ya btw great job on the damaged scoring system now. For every time I kill someone, I only get assists instead of the full kill. Great way to ruin a dudes k/d ratio, if it already wasn't ruined by the mass lag and delay your online game has. Sorry to say but between the lag, the horrible attention to customer related details and the mass of modded Xbox 360 user on Slayer, I wont be returning to your game ever again. Its a dang shame to , I have been playing since the OG came out years ago. Thanks 343 for jacking up the best game and experience ever. Somebody get Bungie back in here.

For your mix up, this isnt 343's official site. This is a community forum. Meaning fans of 343. 

And another thing, you should probably realize, that 343 is just a baby company. This is their first game, and no, they are not capable to standing up to Bungie's reputation. But at least give them a few years and a few more games before they can make it right. 

A new born baby does not come into this world knowing how to walk and talk. And a brand new company does not come about knowing everything they need to know before putting out their first game. So do realize that they are still new and most likely wont get the hang of everything right away. Be patient. Its the least you can do. 

• Like 1

First off lets get something straight, I don't need to be patient and I damn sure don't owe anything to 343i. I pay for the game and expect the best considering all the money I have spent on halo and swag over the years. Do you read much, 343i's parent company is Microsoft one of the largest Corp  in the world. Your analogy of the new born baby is futile and unplaced in this regard. Don't take on the best game ever and all that goes with it, if you don't have what it take's to do the damn job period. Its ignorant liberals like you who are ruining it for everyone, with your except-ability of less is still OK attitude. If you wanna drink there cool-aide and be the wasted money beta tester by all means do it, I won't.  

honestly, I agree with Zelda, for the most part. I do admit some of the kills/deaths look fishy. I had a guy shot through a wall and kill me. On the Kill cam, which I know is unreliable, but his ridicule was shaky at best during his shot to my head(swat was the gametype), but I reviewed the reply and the shot went through the wall. It could be a lag issue and he did hit me, but due to lag it registered late, I don't know, but H4 is a very solid title. Honestly I only have a few complaints, maps are an issue since they are all the same design, including the originals, they are a circle with paths in the center. They adore their symmetry, but asymmetric maps have their uses too. I honestly prefer asymmetric CTF maps and symmetric for slayer and oddball. That being said H4 had the best story, and has a side story, in spartan ops! That alone is awesome, to me. Did they drop the ball on multiplayer? I don't think so, since they are having the same issues all FPS's have, lag, cheaters(I assume), and before I get rage replies, halo 1,2,3,ODST,Reach,4, also I really miss Chiron, the most hated H1 map! I loved playing cloaked shotguns on it! Anyway I personally would love to see remakes of other halo maps and I don't mean a few I mean like all of them! I know they really can't but it would be great to see Zanzibar, blood gulch/hemorrhage, boarding action, Terminal etc... That being said they gave us the resources to make our own maps and it's decent, not amazing, but I have seen... well honestly total crap. I keep seeing player made maps that look like either art projects or as if they were made symmetrical and tiny. Nothing out of the norm just another symmetrical slayer map with an, oh by the way we can play objective on here, but it wasn't made for it as seen by the poor objective placement and lack of anything that resembles a base. Now dev made maps suffer from similar issue. For example CTF on Exile doesn't make sense. Both flags are outside of perfectly good bases, and there are several maps that look great, but I honestly never see them in the match making. And yes I play several different match making mixing CTF, Objective, BTB, Slayer, SWAT, and sometimes action sack. Zombie if I am bored of the others/low population. The maps are good, though repetitive, but some of the placements feel off and even aggravating. All this being said I still feel the maps aren't bad, but they aren't great either. The difference is the maps all have potential.

EDIT: grammar and spelling.

First off lets get something straight, I don't need to be patient and I damn sure don't owe anything to 343i. I pay for the game and expect the best considering all the money I have spent on halo and swag over the years. Do you read much, 343i's parent company is Microsoft one of the largest Corp  in the world. Your analogy of the new born baby is futile and unplaced in this regard. Don't take on the best game ever and all that goes with it, if you don't have what it take's to do the damn job period. Its ignorant liberals like you who are ruining it for everyone, with your except-ability of less is still OK attitude. If you wanna drink there cool-aide and be the wasted money beta tester by all means do it, I won't.  

I never said everything they do is acceptable. 

And like you said, their parent company is Microsoft. So think about what you just said, you want to know why the game seems unfinished? Well there's your answer. Microsoft is a money grabbing greedy company. Most likely they are the one's who wanted that game out on the shelves as fast as possible. Which means their the ones who made it a problem. So dont go screaming at me because your ticked off about it. Go scream to Microsoft about how they need to stop rushing the best series in the world and maybe you'll get a response. But I doubt it.

• Like 1

You think 343 is the only company that got rushed by a publisher?given another year on H4, even six months could have had so MBT more features!

Obsidian was rushed by Bethesda on Fallout New Vegas, making the game incredibly horrible at the start and lots of stuff unmade but now its a brilliant game after all the TUs!

Bungie was rushed to release REACH! Ever hear about the forgotten level that would involve driving a FRICKIN SCARAB. Halo 2 was going to have a space level where you board a covenant ship instead of a cutscene!

Hear about Ensembles cut content- Halo Wars lost loads of units!

Point being- many companies have to rush games even though it IS NOT THEIR FAULT!

You think 343 is the only company that got rushed by a publisher?given another year on H4, even six months could have had so MBT more features!

Obsidian was rushed by Bethesda on Fallout New Vegas, making the game incredibly horrible at the start and lots of stuff unmade but now its a brilliant game after all the TUs!

Bungie was rushed to release REACH! Ever hear about the forgotten level that would involve driving a FRICKIN SCARAB. Halo 2 was going to have a space level where you board a covenant ship instead of a cutscene!

Hear about Ensembles cut content- Halo Wars lost loads of units!

Point being- many companies have to rush games even though it IS NOT THEIR FAULT!

I always wondered why I cringed at New Vegas. Then Skyrim didn't turn out much better either. :( Lots and lots of things missing. The worst was the limited loot. Always finding the same things over and over again. :(