My opinion on the Storm Rifle and the Plasma Repeater.

You have to admit, not many players like the Storm Rifle or the Plasma Repeater. 

I hate how 343 and Bungie tried to make a equivalent to the AR, I wish they would just beef up the plasma rifle! It is a great modeled weapon, and it is fun it use! (In the earlier games)

So, simply what I want is the Plasma Rifle back and no more Covenant AR equivalents.

What do you think?

• Like 1

Well to be honest the only way that I'd want to see the regular plasma rifle return is if dual-wielding made a comeback. When dual-wielding was added in Halo 2 it really spoiled me and, truth be told, I'm not sure about how I would like using a regular plasma rifle if I can't combo it with another weapon of my choice.

I think that due to the removal of dual-wielding the covenant automatic weapon needs to be a more large two handed weapon with superior accuracy and maybe pack a bit more of a punch. That's the only logically way to balance it while keeping some small identity of believability.

However if dual-wielding was to make a reappearance than I think it would be justified and prefered to revert back to everyone's favorite plasma weapon.

• Like 1

I think that the plasma rifle should return but they shouldn't remove the storm rifle.

i also agree. i use the storm rifle too and love it. it's a great weapon. and the storm rifle is a great gun to use if you know how to use it like me. but i'd love for both to be in halo 5

I too missed the Plasma Rifle in Halo 4, but there was a canonical reason for instead including the Storm Rifle; as I recall, in Glasslands, ONI was supplying the Storm Covenant with weapons--tracked weapons, I might add. I agree with some of the other people in the comments; both the Plasma Rifle and Storm Rifle should be in Halo 5.

• Like 2

The Storm Rifle is quite good, it surely is better than the unbelievable Needle rifle. I'd like to see the Plasma rifle make a comeback, for it represents Elites. But in many books it is said that a single plasma pistol shot is fatal for a Marine. And i saw a bunch of elites in Halo 4 wielding one of those pistols. Maybe they thought the plsama rifle was redundant because of this. But i'd like to see it back in Halo 5.

• Like 2

I think dual wielding could have easily been balanced by simply putting ALL weapons in ordnances and a few on the map while dual wielding decreases accuracy by 20%. Super easy dual wielding. But no. Idc though, I like Halo 4 enough to look past that and to the future games.

• Like 1

If dual wielding was still in effect, would it require setting down one gun to throw a grenade, melee, or assassinate? And then have to pick it up again?

Yeah, as it has always been. And it matches with (hypoteytcal) real warfare (i've never seen a marine dual wielding a weapon), if you must throw a grenade you'll have to drop a weapon (or attach it to your body).

@SternuS this was a real hassle for me in ODST.

Maybe they could improve it, they could make the spartan attach his weapon to his "leg clip" (like Elites) while grabbing the grenade and after throwing it, he could pick up his weapon; a slow process, but it would work.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...