LAG , LAG oh ya LAG ISsues

maddmaxx

Hey Guys,

What is up with all the lag issues with spartan ops, and Infinity Slayer? Recently it has gotten way worse for me, before I could get at least a few games without lag. Now it is ridiculous. At first I thought is was my internet connection or my ISP. I have Century-link 40mbs down 20 mbs up, ping time is always around 25ms. I did a tracert and found that I only had 6 hops, which is really good. I had them send me a new DSL modem and that didn't fix it. So while I keep Century-link,  I ordered Comcast Highspeed cable internet to see if it was a Century-link issue.  Guess what, it still fricken lags on 100mbs down and 45 up 16ms ping. I even bought a new xbox 360(although i needed it anyway) to see if it was the console and still lag.

Basically my issue is, I can go fast or typical game speed for a moment and then insta slowdown, back and forth during the whole game.

When it slows down it feels like my guy is walking in mud and then all of a sudden BOOM fast again for a few and so on. I do teleport sometimes but not often. Its just like the whole game slows way down but only for me. I find myself the host in a lot of games which I thought could be part of it but who knows?....

I didn't come here to bash the game or any of that because I like the game when not online. Its all the online games are all jacked up for me, is anyone else experiencing these issues. And if so, why is 343 not fixing them? They are a Microsoft company which should have a a small army of smart peeps to work on this issue, so there is not acceptable excuse for this. If this isn't fixed soon, I will have wasted around 1k to fix the issue with no avail, and I will on principle alone never purchase another one of 343 games again regardless of how much I really like HALO.  

Indeed, the lag on many of Halo 4 matchmaking games is horrible. The reason for this is there is no "smart search," where you can connect only to local players or players with similar connection speeds. These were in the other Halos, and in most games out there, i do not know why Halo 4 did not have it, as there are no dedicated server to the Halo matachmaking engine.

• Like 1

Indeed, the lag on many of Halo 4 matchmaking games is horrible. The reason for this is there is no "smart search," where you can connect only to local players or players with similar connection speeds. These were in the other Halos, and in most games out there, i do not know why Halo 4 did not have it, as there are no dedicated server to the Halo matachmaking engine.

about the halo reach smart search the reason it dosent appear in halo 4 is because 343 faced many issues and in reach it caused many issues as well mainly finding a match :thumbsup:    

Whenever it goes blackscreen for me, I go get a hot dog. And if it hasn't stopped lagging for a couple of years, I turn it off. ( ^_^)

Years!? After 2 or 3 weeks the Red Rings would re-ignite their fiery gaze upon your Xbox and it would cease to function.