Tips

BaconShelf

So I'm pretty much looking for tips to become better at the game from people better than me, don't get me wrong, I usually am in top 3 of a team, but would like to improve.

My loadouts consist of;

Carbine, PP, Regen, Dexterity, Mobility, Stickies

DMR, Magnum, Regen/camo, stability, awareness,stickies

Suppressor, BS, stickies, ammo, sensor, camo

AR, carbine, stickies, dexterity, firepower, Regen

BR, PP, stickies, operator, gunner.

My standard tactic is to rush in with the AR for clearing and CQC and carbine for longer range.

DMR is primarily is my marksman/ sniper loadouts.

BR is my vehicle loadouts.

Any tips based in these? Anyways to improve?

Sorry if I've been vague.

(For the record, the Suppressor/BS combo I rarely use execpt for guarding an objective if I am desperately losing, not a regular BS user)

My best loadout is:

Dmr

Plasma Pistol

Plasma Grenade

Jet pack

Mobility

Dexterity

Works really well on BTB and I'm generally in the top 2 of the game when I use this loadout (I generally get 20+ kills)

My second best loadout is for 4v4s and 5v5s works well for dominion as well

Lightrifle

Boltshot (Don't hate on it and don't hate on me I camp very rarely if at all but it is a good gun to use when you are in trouble)

Plasma Grenade

Shielding

Stealth (wetwork)

I use it a lot on infinty slayer and it works pretty well and it doesn't seem to work well on BTB

it all really depends on what gametypes you play in. For example, i have a special vehicle loadout like you do with the operator and gunner packages which can generally only be used in BTB. Some of your other loadouts with the AR and surpressor are mainly limited to smaller maps and enclosed areas. I generally play both BTB and regular infinity slayer, so my loadouts are extremely different

Infinity Slayer

Battle Rifle

Assualt Rifle

Frags

Jet Pack

Ammo

Firepower

This loadout is designed for both mid range firefights and also has the assualt rifle for CQC. I use the jetpack to navigate the map quickly and it is extremely useful for flanking from different angles. I also use the ammo package in all of my loadouts except my vehicle one, so dont mind that for now

Big Team Battle

Light rifle

magnum

frags

jetpack

ammo

fast track/grenadier

the light rifle is probably one of the most underestimated weapons in the game. When scoped in, this gun has 4 shot kill and can work over extreme distances. The final headshot is often extremely hard to hit, but it becomes second nature after some practice. This is great for maps with long stretches of land and can also give you many assists( for a team player). I normally use the magnum at mid range/ close range to make up for the slow rate of fire from the unscoped light rifle. I am extremely good with this weapon, so i have no problem using it like a primary. Otherwise, there isnt much else to meantion

I am willing to give some advice, but it may be based more off of opinion than facts. First off, try using frag grenades for a little while. Yes, it is great being able to have stickies in a loadout, but that has made frag grenades become very underrated for their use. Being able to bounce you grenades is more than helpfull in infinity slayer when you play on smaller maps. They also have a larger area of effect when they explode and they are very useful for popping shields. Another piece of advice, try the jetpack. At first when i used promethean vision i never imagined ever using the jetpack in halo 4. After watching some MLG gameplay, i decided to give it a shot, and now it has its place in every one of my loadouts. Trust me, it can be so usefull for getting height advantages, creating awkward shots for opponents, and doing quick flanks behind some stubborn defenses

hope i helped a bit

Sorry, I was assuming you meant 4v4 cuz BTB isn't very MLG. I mean, don't get me wrong, there is skill in it. But I imagine if you want to improve your game you are talking about your 1v1 battles, which are more frequently found on Rumble Pit/Infinity Slayer.

Hit and Run tactics my friend, hit and run. That is what improves KD more than anything else. Knowing when to rush and when to retreat. Map positioning plays a big factor, of course.

The best advice I can give you is to get good with the BR and DMR. Those are the biggest killers, right there.

Here is a good, albeit overused class.

DMR

Magnum/BoltShot

Promethean Vision

Resupply

Explosives

Also, what control setting do you play on? Try Bumper Jumper if you haven't already. You will find the ability to jump and aim at the same time to be very valuable.

Edited by FleshBack

I use Recon, I like to be able to switch between Reach, ODST and 3 without having to adapt again to controls.

And I say BTB, I posted in MLG as I do want to improve my 1v1 battles as its probably a 50/50 chance of me winning, but want to increase my K/D from 200.

Anyway, thanks for the advice. I will try this loadout (switching my stability and other off) and see if it works.

I play BTB and can win a lot at medium range but close range I suffer at.

My MLG load-out is:

Main Weapon: DMR or BR.

Secondary Weapon: Pistol or Bolt-shot. (If you like it.)

AA: Thruster pack.

Nemesis

Ordnance priority.

And heres some tips:

Strafe: while having a battle between a opponent, moving from side to side quickly. However, it is quiet hard to shoot when using the strafe. I suggest having high game-sensitivity.

Ghandi Hopping: some people may remember this from the Halo 2 MLG premierships. Use hold to crouch mode when doing. Simply jump in the air and spam the crouch button. However, this is possible by not having hold to crouch.

There is many more skills out there, but I'm gonna leave someone else to tell you them. Because, I've really gotta go!!  :scooter:

Bumper Jumper is the same through the last three Halo games as well.

Strafing, as the guy above me said me said is quite important, though not nearly as important as older games. I will advise against Ghandi hopping though, it is a relic. With the amount of aim assist and with hit boxes as large as they are, the extra amount of focus it takes to perform it is not worth the minimal amount of mobility you are getting out of it. I never see people do it and when I do find an idiot that does, they are just as easily 5-shot as anyone else. Strafing is more effective with the last minute jump shot at the end.

Another thing, turn vibration on your controller off. It takes a minute to get used to, but I feel it does make aim slightly better because your controller isn't shakin your hands as you fight someone.

Also, always keep grenades. Grenades pretty much make or break 1v1s if you can bank them well.

Play players that you know are better than you. If you get a lobby where you just got destroyed, stay in and don't back out like a little ****. That experience will help you develop as a player.