liamevanspro's Map and Film Clip Submissions

liamevanspro

liamevanspro's Map and Film Clip Submissions

Hey 343i Community!

I am finally accepting Halo 4 content submissions to be featured on my YouTube channel. Yay!

I am accepting film clips for my Halo 4 Top Clips series as well as custom Forge map/game variants for my Halo 4 Community Maps series!

Please include as much of the following information as you can about your map or film clip. Also make sure it's in your fileshare!

For Maps and Game Types (competitive, race, mini-game, flood, etc.) [NEW EPISODES EVERY WEDNESDAY] :

Gamertag

Map Name with link to Halo Waypoint

Gametype name with link to Halo Waypoint

Description

Recommended player count

Team size

For Film Clips (sweet kills, amazing kills, glitches, fails, etc.) [NEW EPISODES EVERY FRIDAY] :

Gamertag

Film Clip name with link to Halo Waypoint

Description

HaloCustoms.com - Liam's Daily Customs!

Everyday at 3pm-5pm EST I host a custom games lobby. We play lots of fun maps! Go to this page (http://halocustoms.com/customs/upcoming) and look for my lobby titled "Liam's Daily Customs" to join. You will need an account on HaloCustoms.com. Making one is easy if you haven't already.

That's everything! I can't wait to see all of your beautiful submissions!

Oh and here is a link to my Youtube Channel :)

http://www.youtube.com/user/liamevanspro

EXAMPLE:

Here is a map and gametype I made:

Gamertag: liamevanspro

Map: Some Trees http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo4/filebrowser/details/4654db91-baf4-4376-837c-e260af1fd75b

Gametype: Sticky Ball http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo4/filebrowser/details/4b03a871-29e4-4f89-ac28-6835b570baf8

Description: Team Oddball with Stick Detonators in a small forest. Thought it might be fun :). You also get Thruster Packs.

Player count: 8

Team size: 4

And here is a lucky kill that I got:

Clip: http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo4/filebrowser/details/3af27b51-3551-49eb-a522-848f1155f8d8

Description: I randomly stuck this mongoose that drove right past me. It felt good :).

• Like 1

Gamer Tag: CrimsonVolver

Name of Map: Vanguard on Impact, Halo 4

Supported Gametypes: Team Banshee, Banshee KOTH, Oddball, All Slayer gametypes including ordinances, CTF, Regicide, Flood

Customized Gametypes in Fileshare: Team Banshee, Banshee KOTH, Oddball on Vanguard

(Suggest increasing sensor range to 25 for other gametypes that use radar)

Player Count: 12-16

Vehichles: Banshees (8)

Description: This map has been in the works since December 2012; The concept for this map revolves around the idea that this was once a Covenant Forward base in the early years of the first wars. It was abandoned and taken over by UNSC forces. There is a dome-shaped platform in the center, and two bases linked by man cannons on opposing sides. The Vanguard dome is completely playable, even without Banshees. In these cases you can have 4v4 as long as players seek to engage each other, rather than camping out in the bases.

The map within the dome is vertical, with man cannon lifts and ramped bridges leading from top to bottom, and a little investigating will find several unique and not-so-obvious pathways from the top to the bottom, particularly near the Red and Blue platforms inside the dome, where there are two (each) drop ins that take players to the lower hall.

There are other Banshee-themed gametypes as well. KOTH is set up with the KOTH hills preset to lower gravity for jep packing players to launch into the hill and try to disable or hijack enemy banshees. Of course, this is also opportunities for banshee-driving players to get vehicle kills or splatters.

SWAT plays well on here, no vehicles of course. I wish Oddball allowed players in vehicles to pick up the ball, but alas, not possible.

As this map is in Impact, there are several skill jumps, esp to the center of the map, which means failed jumps can lead to a trip into the abyss, so be careful.

I have spent literally hours upon hours inside this map, and at one point because of a glitch with the Forge I had to almost completely start over—but I am not unhappy with the end result.

I have made dozens of maps over the years, going back to Halo 3 when merging objects was still just a glitch, so I hope you can tell by this map that I am an experienced forger, though admittedly most of my maps are simply enjoyed in Custom Games with friends, though I have submitted maps to contests like “Meet Your Maker,” and Forgetacular back with Reach. I am taking my forging a little bit more seriously these days, so you will be seeing more of my maps posted to this forge group as well as in other forge communities. I have two other maps that have the conceptual architecture finished, but need playtests, feedback, and refined weapon layouts and spawning.

CrimsonVolver

post-50426-0-13047500-1365383963_thumb.jpgpost-50426-0-61521100-1365383992_thumb.jpgpost-50426-0-59727000-1365384015_thumb.jpgpost-50426-0-07434600-1365384038_thumb.jpgpost-50426-0-97916500-1365384061_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I have clips of gameplay tests if several of my maps in my fileshare. Would they be acceptable, or would you prefer the map directly?

By this, I mean some minigame ideas j have been working on, I have gameplay footage of some 12-16 player lobbies from my perspective you could use. Especially if you're having Internet difficulties.

One is a Star Wars: Battlefront inspired map/GT

One is called Terminal defense. Both are dominion based games.

If you would like me to link my fileshare, just say.

Crimson, that map is beautiful.

PS Liam, you just earned +1 sub, well done!

http://youtu.be/qjzpbPdJeVY

Thanks to CrimsonVolver for this map!

Guess what, Liam? I just updated the upper mid area in Vanguard tonight. DL from my fileshare, when you get a chance, and check it out. I also made a modification to the lower part of the man cannons that send you back to bases from the dome platform and fixed the lower man cannons. CV

Oh, and you will be happy to know that I finished Small Pit, renamed Sactorium, and it is in the fileshare. I set up every gametype minus dominion (would not work out well). Extraction should be intense, and of course, Odball. CV

1. Gamer Tag: CrimsonVolver

2. Map name: Sanctorium

3. No special gametypes. I tried to make Griffball work like Assault, but it's fixed to only Griffball settings (see my sad face?) Map supports all gametypes but Dominion and Griffball

4. This map is good for 2v2, 3v3, or 2v2v2 multiteam (Red, Blue, Green), FFA and Fiesta. You could try flood or 4v4 on it, but I am not sure how that would go as it is a relatively small map. The map is a spiraling cave built inside the belly of the small island on Forge Island. There are three rooms, (Blue, Green, Red) with Green at the center/mid location; Blue/Red each have two ways to get in/out, and Green room has two main ways in/out, as well as two other means to get in or out.

Because of the small size I was able to do some fun and interesting aesthetics to compliment the overall theme. I am providing 5 screenshots, and when my friend Liamevanspro gets the opportunity to make a video or either gameplay or a fly through I will post that to the thread, as well as screenshots from future gamplay.

545919_10151401421471903_1564669657_n.jp150723_10151401421416903_222782358_n.jpg

1. Gamer Tag: CrimsonVolver

2. Map name: Sanctorium

3. No special gametypes. I tried to make Griffball work like Assault, but it's fixed to only Griffball settings (see my sad face?) Map supports all gametypes but Dominion and Griffball

4. This map is good for 2v2, 3v3, or 2v2v2 multiteam (Red, Blue, Green), FFA and Fiesta. You could try flood or 4v4 on it, but I am not sure how that would go as it is a relatively small map. The map is a spiraling cave built inside the belly of the small island on Forge Island. There are three rooms, (Blue, Green, Red) with Green at the center/mid location; Blue/Red each have two ways to get in/out, and Green room has two main ways in/out, as well as two other means to get in or out.

Because of the small size I was able to do some fun and interesting aesthetics to compliment the overall theme. I am providing 5 screenshots, and when my friend Liamevanspro gets the opportunity to make a video or either gameplay or a fly through I will post that to the thread, as well as screenshots from future gamplay.

545919_10151401421471903_1564669657_n.jp150723_10151401421416903_222782358_n.jpg

OK, I must be tired. I posted Sanctorium twice. Durk. OK, going to hit the sack. CV

I have clips of gameplay tests if several of my maps in my fileshare. Would they be acceptable, or would you prefer the map directly?

By this, I mean some minigame ideas j have been working on, I have gameplay footage of some 12-16 player lobbies from my perspective you could use. Especially if you're having Internet difficulties.

One is a Star Wars: Battlefront inspired map/GT

One is called Terminal defense. Both are dominion based games.

If you would like me to link my fileshare, just say.

Crimson, that map is beautiful.

PS Liam, you just earned +1 sub, well done!

Hey Bacon, thanks for the sub! 

I would obviously love to do a map video for you! Also, I would rather use my own gameplay just so people know I actually played the map before giving my opinion on it lol. Thanks for offering to help anyways!

If you could just provide some info about each finished map and gametype you have and a link to either the files directly or just your fileshare.

Here is an example to show you what info I'm looking for:

EXAMPLE:

Here is a map and gametype I made:

Map: Some Trees http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo4/filebrowser/details/4654db91-baf4-4376-837c-e260af1fd75b

Gametype: Sticky Ball http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo4/filebrowser/details/4b03a871-29e4-4f89-ac28-6835b570baf8

Description: Team Oddball with Stick Detonators in a small forest. Thought it might be fun  :). You also get Thruster Packs.

Player count: 8

Team size: 4

Thanks again! I'm so happy people actually want me to make videos for their maps  :D!

Gamertag: Beckoningzebra1
Map Name with link to Halo Waypoint: Mos Delia http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/players/beckoningzebra1/halo4/fileshare#!/?section=GameMap&SearchDate=7&SortBy=2&view-select=Tile&startIndex=0&details=dd9fc65a-f502-4284-b6af-cb7097abd7e8
Gametype name with link to Halo Waypoint: Slayer
Description: A Balanced map, with one banshee in the middle 
Recommended player count: 12-16
Team size: 6-8

@CrimsonVolver, if there's one thing I really dislike about Sanctorium it's how the spawns flip. You're gonna kill them and they spawn above/below you. You go, kill them and they spawn above you. All you do is go up and down and up and down in 2v2's and 3v3's and 4v4's,  with no power position.

Muuuch better with Fiesta.

If I really wanted to take your map and make it into a full on slayer-based map, I'd make some radical changes; when Liam said it was meant for 2v2, I thought it was for competitive play, so I was quite confused when I played it.