why btb objetive is not a good thing

Caboose The Ace

recenty i have seen lots of posts about why we need btb  objetive but is it a good thing

NO

why becase lets take halo reach btb i click on the playist and it finds player and then the voting starts for maps and gametypes on the maps well 95 percent of the time i end up playing slayer rarey playing ctf oddball etc on the playlist

waste of gametypes some of the idivaduel playist like ctf on its own in halo 4 etc is a good thing

Big team CTF has always, and will always be a part of halo multiplayer.

It offers arguably the most fun and memorable games as well. 2 Flag CTF on blood gulch with 16 people? Assault? One flag CTF on zanzibar/headlong/transit with 16 people? My most fun and awesome memories with the game are in Big Team Battle.

It will be much more fun then infinity slayer, it won't have ordnance, it won't have instant re-spawning. Those two things right there are going to make it more fun for me and offer a much more classic and fun experience that I and many other players have been lacking.

This should have been available at launch, and you are very silly man for not wanting it in the game.

It shouldn't be a separate playlist though from slayer, it should just integrate in and be called Big team battle.

• Like 3

recenty i have seen lots of posts about why we need btb  objetive but is it a good thing

NO

why becase lets take halo reach btb i click on the playist and it finds player and then the voting starts for maps and gametypes on the maps well 95 percent of the time i end up playing slayer rarey playing ctf oddball etc on the playlist

waste of gametypes some of the idivaduel playist like ctf on its own in halo 4 etc is a good thing

I don't know what game you were playing, but whenever I played Reach either CTF or Assault almost always got voted for unless it was a terrible map, whereas Slayer would be the next best thing. Even if an objective game type got the top vote 1/3 of the time i'd be more than satisfied, at least it would be a refreshing change from the one track "kill everything" mind frame.

BTB Objective just adds more variety to an otherwise stale selection of slayer. The BTB Playlist is unique for it's use of 16 players in one match and not it's gametype selection. So I don't think it detracts from the other Objective playlists. 

As somebody who enjoyed BTB CTF on Valhalla in Halo 3 I think that they should revamp the BTB playlist with objective gametypes If they don't work out then they would just get overlooked in the voting. But if the past has told us anything... It's that they would more than likely not get skipped up. BTB Objective variants were wildly popular in Halo 3.

• Like 1

It shouldn't be a separate playlist though from slayer, it should just integrate in and be called Big team battle.

This is the only thing I'd really disagree with.

I think what Caboose. was trying to say in his OP was that BTB is a bad thing because, in mixed playlists, people almost always pick Slayer and so there's no point in adding objectives if they won't get used anyway. Now I actually agree with that - just not that we should do with Big Team Objective altogether.

Big Team is some of the most fun that can be had in Halo. I don't think there's a single player out there who's played BTB Objective in previous Halo games and doesn't have at least one really good memory of it.

And that's why it's so darn important that it gets its own playlist. Caboose has a point: when the option comes up for Slayer in BTB lobbies, it gets picked a frustratingly large amount of the time. I'd like to see separate playlists precisely because I enjoy playing Objective games so much: I don't want to spend five minutes sitting through the joining process, only to discover I've been dumped into a Slayer game, or to be outvoted 12-4 by people who just want to shoot each other instead of going for objectives.

Caboose. Nobody is suggesting that we get rid of the other objective playlists. All they want is to make it possible to play Objectives in Big Team AS WELL as in their own playlists, the same way that you can play Big Team Slayer AND Infinity Slayer.

• Like 1

Of course It Is a good thing to have Big Team Battle,

and Odd Ball etc.

Because, do you think everyone likes just Slayer?

No..

People like different things so that Is why they give you other things to play.

If they take It out In Halo 5, Im sure people would live with It,

but they wouldnt like It as much because It Isnt what they want to play.