Forge sucks..and Halo 4, why?

Igotperks

I feel that the halo 4 forge is some what good. But within the first 2 minutes of checking out the forge, I absolutely hated it and I will tell you why....they literally got rid of custom maps....

If you dont know what I meen by that, then I will tell you.

Remember in previous forges there was one thing that made the forge worth while to spend hours and hours in for? It was the ability to change the map that you chose to something completely different. What do I meen by that? Well using the boxes and crates and the ability to suspend items in mid air to create a combat area, or even a death trap. When I went into forge in halo 4, it does have a lot of functionality which is good. But the main...and in my opinion the biggest key feature is lacking...the ability to add Large scale objects, to suspend them in midair. This causes folks to use their imagination and create something truly unique. Mazes, Race tracks, Zombie Fortresses, or simply adding a second level to walk on so that it adds an extra challenge to the map. Thats one thing that Bungie will seem to keep over 343 Ind. is that they took their own maps and created new ones using the forge, added them to the XBL map playlist and let the players decide if its worth keeping or not. How do you think grifball was invented? Exactly it was a custom forge game that if you were to try and create now...in Halo 4's forge... you would not be able to because you cannot remove large scale objects or ramps or anything of that nature...

Im not the best with my words but I try to make things make sense.

I seriously doubt that 343 will add this function to Halo 4, but seriously....343 Ind., You need to step it up. Ive played Halo since the original Combat Evolved title. Do not ruin this game for me.....Its a good game but when you remove the core features that players like and EXPECT, and make it a dumb newb version.....it pisses a lot of people off. And thats what Forge is right now....It used to be great, you just dumbed it down is this way.

In previous Halo's that contained Forge. I would spend countless hours, just letting my mind wander on what to create. I would do all kinds of things. But with Halo 4.....I have yet to spend even 5 total minutes in there. That is the difference between Halo 4 forge, and previous forges...

Post your pro's and cons of Halo 4 Forge. Maybe 343 Ind can use it to make Forge into what it is supposed to be and not a half *** "we let them control what weapons are on the map and thats it" type of forge

on an unrelated Note.....wtf happened to Halo Reach hornet or the covenant vehicles that are not the ghost...one thing I liked was the balance of vehicle support.... This is Halo 4....did bungie not sell the rights of those vehicles to you?? what gives

At this point I am going to place 343 Ind under the same type of practices as EA Games. Removing key functions that a lot of players enjoyed. Not thinking well enough about how to make the game....needing to install disc 2?? good one guys...one would think you could have just split up the campaign and multiplayer onto 2 different discs but no, you have to MAKE US waste hard drive space to play otherwise...

I am not a designer, I am not a huge nerd who knows programming language....but My grandma and I could make a better Halo then 343 Ind....You did well on the campaign I will give your that, I really enjoyed that, otherwise its a CoD replacment with stupid loadouts and ordinence....basicly the same as CoD. Did people cry too much over getting killed while trying to go for the oversheild or camo or sniper rifle?? Were they not able to man up and get better? Guess not

Suspend large objects in mid air? If you are not talking about physics, then I have no idea what you are talking about. Physics, like normal, fixed, and phased are still there, and the way you talk about the multiplayer kinda bothers me based on the fact that it made no sense... There is a lot separating Halo 4 from COD if you decide to take the time and actually think about it.

Edited by Forum Dinosaur

Suspend large objects in mid air? If you are not talking about physics, then I have no idea what you are talking about. Physics, like normal, fixed, and phased are still there, and the way you talk about the multiplayer kinda bothers me based on the fact that it made no sense... There is a lot separating Halo 4 from COD if you decide to take the time and actually think about it.

I understand that the functions are still there. You can do basically what you want. but the functions are limited to what you are allowed to place on the map. the largest item I saw on Ragnarok for example, is the pallets which are extremely small if you want to make some sort of second level to walk on. there are absolutely no large objects to do anything with, which limits you heavily. If I want to make some sort of floating base in the sky....I cant because of the lacking in objects I get to place on the maps. see??

Also I related Halo 4 to CoD heavily because of loadouts and ordinence. Just like CoD, after a certain amount of kills you get to call in an ordinence, just like one could call in some gunship or care package in CoD. Just like CoD to give you the perks needed to survive instead of going to get them like in previous halos where the battle for the overshield or camo was a regular thing.

And this all happens because they linked it to the leveling process, just like CoD. In more ways then 1, Halo is very similar to CoD...in my opinion

I understand that the functions are still there. You can do basically what you want. but the functions are limited to what you are allowed to place on the map. the largest item I saw on Ragnarok for example, is the pallets which are extremely small if you want to make some sort of second level to walk on. there are absolutely no large objects to do anything with, which limits you heavily. If I want to make some sort of floating base in the sky....I cant because of the lacking in objects I get to place on the maps. see??

Also I related Halo 4 to CoD heavily because of loadouts and ordinence. Just like CoD, after a certain amount of kills you get to call in an ordinence, just like one could call in some gunship or care package in CoD. Just like CoD to give you the perks needed to survive instead of going to get them like in previous halos where the battle for the overshield or camo was a regular thing.

And this all happens because they linked it to the leveling process, just like CoD. In more ways then 1, Halo is very similar to CoD...in my opinion

There are Wall and Window coliseum's, those are huge, and Kill Streaks are much more different than Ordnance, you're thinking of Care Packages.

I feel that the halo 4 forge is some what good. But within the first 2 minutes of checking out the forge, I absolutely hated it and I will tell you why....they literally got rid of custom maps....

If you dont know what I meen by that, then I will tell you.

Remember in previous forges there was one thing that made the forge worth while to spend hours and hours in for? It was the ability to change the map that you chose to something completely different. What do I meen by that? Well using the boxes and crates and the ability to suspend items in mid air to create a combat area, or even a death trap. When I went into forge in halo 4, it does have a lot of functionality which is good. But the main...and in my opinion the biggest key feature is lacking...the ability to add Large scale objects, to suspend them in midair. This causes folks to use their imagination and create something truly unique. Mazes, Race tracks, Zombie Fortresses, or simply adding a second level to walk on so that it adds an extra challenge to the map. Thats one thing that Bungie will seem to keep over 343 Ind. is that they took their own maps and created new ones using the forge, added them to the XBL map playlist and let the players decide if its worth keeping or not. How do you think grifball was invented? Exactly it was a custom forge game that if you were to try and create now...in Halo 4's forge... you would not be able to because you cannot remove large scale objects or ramps or anything of that nature...

Im not the best with my words but I try to make things make sense.

I seriously doubt that 343 will add this function to Halo 4, but seriously....343 Ind., You need to step it up. Ive played Halo since the original Combat Evolved title. Do not ruin this game for me.....Its a good game but when you remove the core features that players like and EXPECT, and make it a dumb newb version.....it pisses a lot of people off. And thats what Forge is right now....It used to be great, you just dumbed it down is this way.

In previous Halo's that contained Forge. I would spend countless hours, just letting my mind wander on what to create. I would do all kinds of things. But with Halo 4.....I have yet to spend even 5 total minutes in there. That is the difference between Halo 4 forge, and previous forges...

Post your pro's and cons of Halo 4 Forge. Maybe 343 Ind can use it to make Forge into what it is supposed to be and not a half *** "we let them control what weapons are on the map and thats it" type of forge

on an unrelated Note.....wtf happened to Halo Reach hornet or the covenant vehicles that are not the ghost...one thing I liked was the balance of vehicle support.... This is Halo 4....did bungie not sell the rights of those vehicles to you?? what gives

At this point I am going to place 343 Ind under the same type of practices as EA Games. Removing key functions that a lot of players enjoyed. Not thinking well enough about how to make the game....needing to install disc 2?? good one guys...one would think you could have just split up the campaign and multiplayer onto 2 different discs but no, you have to MAKE US waste hard drive space to play otherwise...

I am not a designer, I am not a huge nerd who knows programming language....but My grandma and I could make a better Halo then 343 Ind....You did well on the campaign I will give your that, I really enjoyed that, otherwise its a CoD replacment with stupid loadouts and ordinence....basicly the same as CoD. Did people cry too much over getting killed while trying to go for the oversheild or camo or sniper rifle?? Were they not able to man up and get better? Guess not

i agree on some things with you dude but we are a new era of halo 343 for the first halo game kicked bungie sorry butt a bit and is proven that we aren't going to have the same type of style as reach but we had that there for bungie to test us and see what forgers could do and they realize they can't keep up with forgers request on making the maps improve 343 stepped in and said we will fill bungies shoes and try to make this game the kick off of are new saga. so forge may suck but the details the maps have there own background to them and they also will improve so keep and open mind think of the details you can add now better than before there's a map in space how much better can that get people can build ships or make stations. forge world may be gone but what is different about your map form the others is that you made it by yourself or with your friends and that's all that matters.

happy forging:)  

The three maps; Impact, Erosion and Ravine are forge maps. No other maps have structure objects, just like the maps in Reach and objects DESIGNED for the map. The default maps such as Ragnarok and similar do not, and will not have those objects.

I do not care about those things. Play the designated forge maps for the decent objects.

However, the removal of precision edit and zoom was the biggest mistake, by far.

Especially for the vertical plane!

It pretty much forces you to use the coordinate editor, and that is not accurate at times to prevent tripping hazards.

true but magnets help with that. that's why they have it in the game is so you don't have those issues i can make maps with bumps and i just put magnets and fix them even if some times they are annoying and want to not work on it i do cause i'm no quitter. a forger pushes or he restarts the design he doesn't say oh i can't do it he gets up and moves.