Kiing 0f Coffe

11 members have voted

1. 1. How do you fix the DMR?

• Option A
    • Option B
    • Option C
    • Option D
    • I think the DMR is fine, although I didn't do research on the subject
    • I think the DMR is fine because I'm cloacked in undeniable bias and ignorace
    • Nerf all of it. The glory of the boltshot will guide us through the trilogy
    • An option not given, I will explain with a post

No you're not, you're providing LIMITED data:

And THEN you're hanging your faulty conclusions on it:

I appreciate the work you've done, even if I don't understand exactly how difficult it is. But please don't pretend you're just some under-appreciated objective researcher when as often as you post data you spackle your posts with hostility and condescension.

I don't expect you to have all the answers, but if you want to just play objective researcher then you need to stop making conclusions before you have all the information.

I don't make $#!7 up. I don't pull ideas from my @$$. I don't have the same information you do, but I get my information one way or another, frequently from people like you who are willing and able to do the research. Thank you for that.

Just as myself and other players don't have all the numbers you do, YOU don't have what we have either, which you made plain as day when you post a table that doesn't prove anything and then talked like it did. You've spent all your posts since that post excusing discrepancies. So forgive me if I'm not completely in love with you and ready to have your children, you posted inconclusive, inconsistent data and then got mad when we picked it apart. If you want to just keep jumping to conclusions about your own research then feel free, but don't be surprised when we treat it like you would expect us to treat anything else someone posts. We're skeptical when things conflict with our own conclusions, as we should be, as you should be.

I appreciate the work you do uncovering this data, but you could have saved yourself a lot of headache by simply posting it and doing what we did, which is read it objectively and form appropriate conclusions. Stuff like the carbine's damage are clearly wrong, which you should have noticed when you acquired the information. Instead you chose to ignore it and post conclusions that prove inaccurate in the game. You knew you didn't have all the information, and I don't expect you to find it all, but you should have made that disclaimer in your first post. Instead you formed faulty conclusions, excused them, and then got mad when you couldn't defend them.

Actually I am positive Twinreaper is correct. First of all he has been a gaming developer for how many years now 20?

and he knows this stuff.

So far the fire rate nerf is winning.

I have generally combatted the idea of a RoF nerf on the DMR because at LONG range where it's supposed to engage targets they're often fighting from cover. In mid-range and close-range you can use cover only so much because your opponent can throw an accurate grenade or simply move around the cover to hit you.

At long range your only weapon is your gun, you can't throw accurate grenades that far with any consistency and I think they all detonate before they land at extreme ranges. You also can't alter your firing line nearly as much as you can in closer ranges. If someone grabs cover they're completely safe. Thus you have to be able to kill quickly, which is why the sniper and beam rifles were the only extreme range weapons for so long: they could kill in one shot. It's for that reason that I've never really appreciated the insertion of the DMR into the game, because a long range rifle that kills slower just seems silly.

With all that in mind, I have never liked the idea of increasing its kill time in any way because even as fast as it kills people get behind cover after shot 3 or 4 all the time in Big Team. Since Big Team is the fair and reasonable realm of the DMR, I just generally don't think any kind of nerf to its damage model or RoF is a good idea.

I know that's the lean of the poll and not just yours, but I feel like people who want to reduce its RoF aren't realizing just how bad that would be for the gun. As long as it is in the game it ought to have a place, and if it gets any slower it will lose that place. It shouldn't be the best at all ranges, but it should remain at least as good as it is at long range. If they remove it from the game in Halo 5 that's fine, they won't have to balance it then. However as long as it is in the game it should be balanced, and making it kill slower just knocks it off the top without addressing the flaws in the other weapons.

Actually I am positive Twinreaper is correct. First of all he has been a gaming developer for how many years now 20?

and he knows this stuff.

I'm sure Twinreaper knows his stuff, I never said he didn't.