PETITION- SAVE HALO 3

TheMastrChief117

I've noticed something very disturbing lately. When I go to play Halo 3 mutliplayer, it is extremely difficult to find a match. It usually times out because not enough players join. I love Halo Reach and Halo 4, but I'm worried Bungie willt take down Halo 3 mutliplayer eventually. Halo 3 is a great game, and needs support. I don't want a repeat of CE and 2. I'm asking Bungie and 343 to support Halo 3, and I'm asking all Halo players that have Halo 3 to sign on and play a few matches. Thanks. Keep Halo 3 alive.

I hate to break it to you but Halo 3 will eventually be taken down from Live or whatever it will be called in the future. It is something that will happen due to the passage of time.

At this point though it doesnt need saving. No Halo game needs saving really. Sure the online features of the older Halo games (H2 and soon H2PC) are gone but that happens with time. It wont be taken down any time soon but eventually it will happen. Hope that doesnt bother you too much.

• Like 1

I hate to break it to you but Halo 3 will eventually be taken down from Live or whatever it will be called in the future. It is something that will happen due to the passage of time.

At this point though it doesnt need saving. No Halo game needs saving really. Sure the online features of the older Halo games (H2 and soon H2PC) are gone but that happens with time. It wont be taken down any time soon but eventually it will happen. Hope that doesnt bother you too much.

I have friends who adore the game. I love the game too, there are achievements I need, and I want my kids to be able to experience the epicness of Halo, just like I have. Well, they better take down COD 2 multiplayer first, its a 2005 game.
  • Like 1

Personally I feel they should keep H3 up, because all-in-all it's a great game. But in reality though if there isn't a fairly decent amount of people playing the game. It becomes a waste of funding. But hey, you could always set up your own LAN sever and play that way. Just do what they do for Minecraft, but set it up for an Xbox :)

I'm not even sure Halo 5 will be released on a disc. I think the disc format is only still in use because it was so widespread (Just like a lot of older formats. Did you know no one makes audio cassettes anymore? But you can still have the device that plays them). Multiple Xbox 360 games that I've played required multiple discs, which suggests to me that the format is failing to meet the potential of its content. While I don't know what the next gen consoles will do, the point is technology is moving forward, and Halo 3 likely will not. We will probably get an Anniversary edition that uses Halo 5's engine just like CE: Anniversary used Reach's technical chassis.

I'm not even sure Halo 5 will be released on a disc. I think the disc format is only still in use because it was so widespread (Just like a lot of older formats. Did you know no one makes audio cassettes anymore? But you can still have the device that plays them). Multiple Xbox 360 games that I've played required multiple discs, which suggests to me that the format is failing to meet the potential of its content. While I don't know what the next gen consoles will do, the point is technology is moving forward, and Halo 3 likely will not. We will probably get an Anniversary edition that uses Halo 5's engine just like CE: Anniversary used Reach's technical chassis.

Yeah probaly. I'm just saying, Halo 3 multiplayer should stay on for a little while longer.
  • Like 1

Yeah probaly. I'm just saying, Halo 3 multiplayer should stay on for a little while longer.

If it goes out like Halo 2 did then we have 2-4 years left with it.

If it goes out due to next gen consoles not supporting older games (Which would be weird, you can just download Xbox 360 games off Live now, so losing this capacity seems unlikely) then it'll be gone at the end of the year. That seems very unlikely from a technological point of view. I would instead bet on it going out more like Halo 2 which gives people plenty of time to go back and play laggy games of Halo 3 with people in distant countries.

• 1 month later...

i hope this never happens but we all know it will happen. they probably won't be shut down until halo 5 ish. i sure hope it will never happen. we should all repopulate halo 3 on something like it anniversary of its original release. then all of the other games won't have players and we weill shock 343 and microsoft so they will decide to keep halo three up. halo 3 might also be coming to steam. maybe if it comes on steam the multiplayer will be shut down for xbox 360. then halo 3 multiplayer will be on pc.

just a thought.

but i don't want it shut down even though it eventually will