Don't sprint?

Slayer25

I use sprint quite a lot. I have the mobility perk on all my classes though. I mainly play Dominion so using it to get to bases quickly is key as well as stopping enemies and making it to power weapon spawns. Downside to sprinting a lot is if you find a player while sprinting you're already at a disadvantage because of the delay from coming out of sprint.

The reason they're telling you not to sprint is because the game is designed to kill you when you do what comes naturally. "Naturally" you're going to want to move as fast as possible when there aren't targets around or when you're in the open (So you can get to cover faster).

When you sprint around corners you get surprised and the enemy gets a free shot while you raise your weapon, when you sprint excessively you run out of stamina so that if you need to turn and run AWAY you can't. You can equip the mobility perk but then you can't scavenge grenades.

Sprint is useful, but you need to use it like you personally are doing the running and the breathing. Basically sprinting too often gets you into dangerous situations that you would have approached more sensibly if you were walking. NEVER SPRINT AROUND CORNERS UNLESS YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN THERE IS NO ONE ON THE OTHER SIDE. If you round that corner and aren't ready you are going to die, and even if you survive it's because you got lucky.

Remember everyone else can sprint too, there's no hurry to get back to the fight because they'll get to you soon enough.