Stange Thing Happened, Was I in the Wrong Here?

Gandalf22111

So BTB on Exile, I'm on Blue team and I go for Gauss Cannon as per usual and get there first. Driver gets in and starts acting strange beeping horn etc, I realise that he wants his friend to get the Gauss Cannon, but I'm not getting out, so Driver backs Warthog into base and just sits there not moving and I ain't moving either, then his friend starts grenading the Warthog and it gets blown up, we lose match by a small mrgin no thanks to this episode.

So should I have let the two friends have the Gauss cannon (probably the most sought after weapon/vehicle in H4)? I think not obv

Does entering a BTB with a friend give you a divine right to take the Gauss Cannon Hog?

When you don't get what you want is parking the Hog in the base and refusing to move the right play? Douchebaggery imo

So who is the A***hole? Me or the 2 friends?

btw got a 54 kill streak on Exile in Gauss Cannon today, Unfrigginbelivable like 4 overkills, 1 Killtac, should have had few more but bottled it at key moment. What can I say I'm a shameless boaster.

Let them drive!!! They have a plan obviously! I do that to others when my bro and I wanna warthog. Just get out and do plan B since you trying to warthog isn't going anywhere. But we wouldn't blow it up, either betray or flip te warthog (since we never get booted for the first betray).

Just take it as a lesson learned. 2 people going into a game working together with a plan is better than 2 randoms (w/ no communication most likely) tryin to work together...

You were all in the wrong for being stubborn and hard-headed. You know people online can be jerks, the fact that you allowed the situation to escalate as it did is the fault Of all three of you. There were many different ways that situation could have played out peacefully but that wasn't one of them.

And no, just because they are buddies doesn't give them first dibs on the Hog, but that doesn't mean you should aggrevate players that were obviously irrational.

You were all in the wrong for being stubborn and hard-headed. You know people online can be jerks, the fact that you allowed the situation to escalate as it did is the fault Of all three of you. There were many different ways that situation could have played out peacefully but that wasn't one of them.

And no, just because they are buddies doesn't give them first dibs on the Hog, but that doesn't mean you should aggrevate players that were obviously irrational.

Yep.

The driver should have been willing to give a random gunner a chance, you should have been willing to give the gun to the driver's intended gunner, and the intended gunner should have been willing to give you a chance and made his way elsewhere on the map.

If just one of you had yielded the situation would have been resolved. If the gunner had said to his driver 'Give the guy a chance" he likely would have, if you had gotten out you'd have a good shot at the second Gauss spawn, and if the driver had said to his gunner "I'll keep the hog alive and let this guy gun until he gets sniped or something, then I'll come back for you, we'll see what happens" then all would have been well.

Instead you three lost the game for your team when your team SHOULD have been starting with an advantage.

I'm sure you're a very good Gauss gunner, but the fact is it's not a very difficult weapon to use and there's almost always someone out there better than you. You never know until you give them a chance, and if they're bad that means you'll get your chance sooner rather than later. They shouldn't have been so stubborn, but you shouldn't have been either.

I played a game the other day where I wanted the Gauss cannon and mentioned it in the pre-game lobby. Someone else said they wanted it so we raced at the open of the game. I lost, but I didn't attack them or anything. The driver said that after he got his gunner a riot he'd let me gun (His gunner was going for a perfection). That didn't work out (they got blown up at 14 kills) but the point is we all yielded something. I didn't get the Gauss at the open, but his gunner wouldn't keep it the whole game, and his driver was willing to trust a random gunner.

The game would be a whole lot better if people would give each other breaks every now and then.

I'd say that no, you were fine, but like others have said, you should have probably seen the situation that was about to happen unfolding and just left the vehicle. It's not worth it, and people online are going to be at least as stubborn as you, if not much more.

It did play out peacefully :D

Honestly why would they have the right to claim the warthog and kick one gunner out for another. It's all just a game and in the long run what does it really matter who's gunning. You could have decided to stay in the gunner position or you could have got out and did something else. Neither of which would have put you in the wrong.

It did play out peacefully :D

Honestly why would they have the right to claim the warthog and kick one gunner out for another. It's all just a game and in the long run what does it really matter who's gunning. You could have decided to stay in the gunner position or you could have got out and did something else. Neither of which would have put you in the wrong.

100% correct. It's just a game.

People saying the original gunner was in the wrong...*shakes head*

Thanks for replies folks.

General consensus seems to be that we were all wrong, although perhaps them slightly more than me which I find surprising, I think if this ever happened again I would just say meh, and let them have it.

That being said though everyone wants to get high killstreaks and gauss cannon is probably easiest way, plus you have several hurdles to get over before actualy getting it, Map Choice>Blue Team luck>Race against potential 7 others (ofc not everyone goes for it). I mean you could play for hours one day and never actually get a shot at a long streak (which you need to get from start of game imo to get a high run).

BTW does a perfection medal actually exist in this game? I don't think Ive seen it yet and I'm sure I had a 19-0 BTB, or does it have to be in a 4x4 slayer game?