The True, Main and only Real problem with Halo 4!!!

ProudDrunkIrish

Well I have criticised many aspects of this game as have many players, but the more I play the more i realise the biggest issue of all is the players playing.

I mean when did this horrible play style start and where did it come from??

Whether it be base camping with a snipes on ragnarok even when your team have the hill or camping for the tank on exile its just the saddest way to play and most garunteed way to lose, all of the maps have a problem of this sort and this is not the maps fault but players.

The run away from the fight and hide attitude has destroyed this series maybe there was too much of a gap between halo's and CoD created a new mentallity who knows but having played for a while now it has come to the point that playing with randoms is something you almost dare not do.

• Like 1

I think that the infinity slayer and infinity BTB was an idea that 343 came up with in which they were truelly dedicated to and had no real backup plan. I do not think that the classic slayer, which has been in the past halos as the default competitive team game, should be replaced by a new idea. I always hate the concept of the rich get richer in COD. Where if you get so many kills then you get MORE kills and then unlock something else to add on even more to that. Even though infinity slayer is not as severe as cod. I think that the personal ordnances make what would be a close maybe 2-5 kill game a 15 point win or loss. We need these classic gametypes in the game to have it be like old halo. Because a lot of people do not like change. ( Not saying that is me. I think change is crucial for all franchises to progress successfully )

• Like 1

I admit ordinance drops have created a game where you can hang back and still get a power weapon, rather than the old style of fight for them. There are many more examples of the way teammates play in a silly fashion not just camping for things.

This obsession with K/D rather than a rank has had its own effect I suppose, Players who are in for a whole round and get 6-2 clearly are not pulling their weight.

I miss the old school attitude that was in Halo and the community that went with it. It is rare I bother to put the headset on now as there is nobody to talk to and no social element to the game unless you play with friends.

In past episodes I made many friends through playing the game but now I find anyone with a headset is in private chat.

The reason for this topic was just to remind people that many of the issues with the game are player related and some things we complain about could have been great things if players had just gone a different way with them.

ordnance, instant slayer respawns, different gun class loadouts, and an utter lack of weapons on the field compared to previous game all contribute to driving die hard fans and even casual fans of the series away. This "making a halo for the modern generation" crap was just emulating features implemented much better in COD.

Power weapons should be rewarded through map control and perseverance as a team to lock down the areas where they spawn and to control key points on the map.

In this game, power weapons are awarded to people who camp in the back with a DMR. The rich get richer system from COD is just not very fun in halo, and I think it defeats the cavalier spirit of the series as a whole where slayer is concerned.

• Like 1

Power weapons should be rewarded through map control and perseverance as a team to lock down the areas where they spawn and to control key points on the map.

A very valid point, now you can hang back and with a bit of luck gain success, I cannot state how many times my team has controlled Ragnarok only to find thanks to ordinance the enemy suddenly have 3+ snipers!!!

Still ordinance can be good to stop say a tank or gauss running riot altogether yet people have just taken advantage of it in a different way..

Yes, ordnance can help you with that things, but come on! that was the difficult part, I don't know, guys, but i liked the idea of being cautious, careful, prudent to destroy a tank, or to go and grab some weapon to destroy the enemy vehicles, maybe is easier with the ordnance system, but thats not funny, if there are people that think to do that it's too boring or hard, well, there was another game list to play with no vehicles. I think the same, they attack firts, then they are going to die and prefer to run away and the map helps you a lot with the scape...they were made for campers and for scape.

In everywhere there are a down path or an structure to hide...IN EVERYWHERE!! rocks, walls, ramps, boxes, etc, God!! i can't belive it.

There's pros and cons to the new ordinance system. I enjoy that not every game on a map plays and starts exactly the same, with power weapons anchoring down the combat. I enjoy that people don't fight in locations because a power weapon spawns there, but rather because they feel it is a tactical location.

That said, I do feel there's too much randomness, I would prefer it if everyone had the "drop recon" perk, but it was much more effective, so people would plan around ordinance instead of stumble into it.

The big crime, as been stated is this "We'll have lots of classic playlists for you" business. Right now, there is zero. That's messed.

All valid points, I believe that ordinance drops were intended to make the game quicker paced and more aggressive but have actually sent it in the opposite direction. I personally loved the fight for the power weapons (anyone remember the battle for sword and rockets on The Pit), and to be fair in most maps the power weapons were very tactically placed (in Halo 3 anyway).

It is really a situation of players taking advantage of the current system rather than utilising it, control of the hill is still the best way to win in Ragnorok but many players will not even try to go as far as the hill so those who do pay the price for making an effort. The new maps are not really designed for forward aggression either I suppose, most traditional Halo maps were head on battle grounds yet we now have constantly alternating spawns on the new ones which to an extent helps promote camping.

A lot of my unhappiness with campy style players is probably due to the aggressive nature of my play, I am often left on my own outnumbered and outgunned. I do not play halo to camp and wait for the enemy that is what CoD is for lol.

This is why I stopped playing all the Infinity Slayer game types because of the Ordinance. Got annoying with people being able to get power weapons when ever just by getting kills or assists. In Halo 5 I would like to see this go away and go back to set weapon spawns.