Halo 5 Survival mode! Details and More!

Three sentences. Stranded on an unknown planet. Few supplies. You must survive.

thats right imagine if there was a survival mode where you were marooned on a unknown planet with you and your buds, you had few supplies and little time until the extermination covenant squads come. you need to explore the area find supplies, collect tools, build items and fend off waves of covenant for days on end. after 34 days you receive intel that an evac ship will pick you up in three more days [343] the last three days all the dead covenant become flood and oh yes you must survive once more and make your escape. rank and leaderboreds are based off of how many days you've survive, kills, downs, weapons and ect. just imagine, your own spartan IV and select group of friends fighting as one to survive. this would gladdly beat any survival mode out there and please, not another fire fight. collecting food for hunger could be a more real aspect. collect parts to build a warthog/mongoose/ect. . . collect tools to preform certain task. collect supplies by looting everything. looting. find better armor. build base's and defences through some sort of monitor mode controlled by your spartan when he/she find a monitor mode pad that alows you to go into monitor mode. this would be heaven and i'd never get bored. please leave comments below with ideas and ect.

THANK YOU.

• Like 3

Hear me out, it could be like a Firefight 3.0 with ODST elements returning, but modified from conventional firefight. No loadouts so you have to traverse a Massive map (Forgeworld would be small by comparison) to find weapons and armour abilities on crashed pelicans or other vehicles. Less defined wave structure, No voiceover telling you 'Reinforcements inbound!,' instead you have to look and listen for the sounds. A banshees wail here, the sillouhettes on the horison there. Irregular troop movements so you cant camp a well known dropoff point like in normal firefight. Would be nice to have random event elements in it too. Like there is a small chance an albatross or other aircraft crashes depositing many powerweapons in one easy to locate area, whilst also attracting lots of the map specific enemies to it as well. The bases side of things could be a take on Dominion. A new localised spawn (since its such a big map) you take control of by clearing out enemies, then holding off their reinforcements to unlock/activate the turrets and cover, turning it into a safe respawn/resupply area. Im a little iffy on the parts for warthogs and hunger aspect cause that doesnt feel Halo-like to me, but thats my opinion. I think a survival Mode could be a very interesting revamp of firefight Or a completely new gamemode in itself

• Like 3

I like all the ideas as of this point. I also think some of these would be a good idea.

1. If there was a way to add a time period to prepare for the next round that would help alot.

2. If you could earn expirience by killing enemies and then spend it to get weapons, new map elements and areas, and there could be skulls that would help you.

I think it will be hard to make but well worth it. I am a little woried about how long it will take to complete but it will be fun. I will let you know if I have any more ideas.

• Like 1

The experience is a good thought. Maybe a system similar but not exactly the same as weapon drops in infinity slayer. Though I do think one problem with Reaches firefight was the ease of access to the power weapons with the weapon drops and big green reliable arrow pointing you to them. This concept looks to me to be about exploration and survival, not getting snipers handed to you. Maybe experience is needed to get the armour mods of halo 4's custom loadouts. Extra shield recharge, faster weapon switch etc. Or [as mr.senior halo said] to get new map elements and areas. Like an easyer way to find a crashed pelican/phantom/sentinel that you can salvage gear off.

Another thing I thought could be an addition to this awesome concept would be you spawn in SOEIVs. Ever since halo 2 when you land in one on Installation 05 ive wanted to be able to ride one. ODST had the cool intro bit where you could see all the wasted UNSC and covenant ships in orbit as you came down. Maybe the initial spawn you land in one of these with a basic primary (smg, assault rifle, Battle rifle, DMR, shotgun [maybe]) depending on the map, in a random location so if your playing co-op you must find to your friends?

This sounds okay but this is still Halo and there probably won't be enough dedication to make this kind of a survival game. However, I had an idea similar to this called Forgeable Firefight. If they were to add Forgeable Firefight, you could make a survival game out of it using firefight as the game type. If 343 adds Forgeable Firefight then we could all get what we want.

It would be a tough concept to produce for a specific Halo, but it could easily be an expansion like ODST was for halo 3.

I had another Idea though it would be the hardest to impliment yet. Chiefs biggest fan came up with Flood in this survival/firefight mode, and many people want a flood firefight. I think it would be awesome to see the corpses you've mounded into a pile from mindless killing spring back up to fight again. With the crashing pelicans/phantoms/debries that drop weapons there could be a flood spawn one (like the piece of high charity that smashes into the tower you are in on the covenant level of halo 3). This only releases infection forms but it releases lots of them. they roam around the map infecting bodies to attack you with. This would also allow for the return of the Flamethrower....

• Like 1

I really like your open map survival mode Idea. However, I do agree that it would be very hard to install and even harder to maintain. How would they keep track of the days that you are marooned? Would it be real time? Or would it be in-game waves? If real time, then that might not work well for online co-op, which would be an awesome feature. It almost sounds to me that you could turn that into an entirely new game. Maybe 343 could experiment gaming in that genre like they did with the "Command and Conquer" genre that they tested in Halo Wars. It would be like the Elder Scrolls games, or Fallout, but as a Halo game with its own unique storyline. However if it were its own game, there might not be enough plot elements or storylines to justify it. Probably it should just stay as a game type. Great idea, though. Love it. :)

• Like 1

I understand what you are getting at with the forgeable firefight. Id love a mode implimented like that, but it would be nothing like this scenario and it could possibly be harder to impliment. Firefight forge would require dynamic editable scripting for the ai to interact with objects they could possibly use, jump on or shoot around. This would mean smaller maps with less in them to stop the ai going mental. I wish it were possible though. This survival firefight is a large open world were everything would be made to fit in the map like it was a campaign level or large firefight map. And i do agree this may require its own game like another Halo 3: ODST expansion. Which would make the SOEIV's fit in the game and allow for more dedicated open worldiness-ness.

The day tracking system could be different for each person allowing people to enter the game and leave if nessisary. So the party leader who started the map would have the longest days alive. Say one of his friends spawned in 3 days after, the original player could have 3 days survived [with a little note underneath that says veteran survivor] while the newest person has 0 days [and their note says: greenhorn/just stranded etc]. Maybe every 3 days thebonus round [flood] comes, making each day equivilent to a round in normal firefight.

Campaign wise i think it could work. Halo is a story telling campaign, and open world games can make it difficult to explain whats going on without cutscenes, but I reckon it could be pulled off. A game/gamemode like this could allow for bigger tema firefights and multiple objective campaigns. Tell the story of an ODST squad together in situations they would suffer for being ODSTs: Seperation, lack of ammo, loss of their support ships, stuck in an unknown hostile environment... Things Halo 3: ODST gave us glimpses of.

look at me ramble on...

• Like 1

Maybe instead of just ODST teams, you could choose to be a part of a covenant team, or a flood team, or a promethean team... The planet doesn't necessarily have to be uninhabited.

This would add more dynamic elements and better reason for team conflicts. This almost is beginning to sound like an upgrade to Halo Wars.

• Like 1

This could just be a full game, it could even go day-Z style and have where you spawn and have to survive, band up with people or fight them with dedicated servers!(I know this will never happen but I can hope.) so it can have a competitive multiplayer side for those who NEED it.

• Like 1

WARNING: ESSAY AHEAD

Got an Idea going of the DayZ idea. No food or water or blood required cause that doesnt feel like Halo, and everyone vs everyone cause that wouldnt make sence really (if you want all on all - 1 v 1 v 1 - then play slayer in normal multiplayer :P) but maybe team vs team. You have Innies or covies (depending on setting and how teams would work etc, not sure about balancing, cause elites would have shields, but they are typical enemies so it would most likely be them) vs ODSTs. Each side gets dropped into this huge freeroam map from space with a small amount of room for maneuvering (ODSTs have SOEIVs, Covenant have the reach Elite single occupant Drop pods) With a primary with 2x spare magazines of ammo (eg assault rifle would have 32 in the gun and 64 in the ammo counter) and a side arm with 1x mag.

Random events like in DayZ occur. In the Skybox (out of the map) wou can see aircraft fighting like in a real war, and every now and again something shot down crashes into the map. Pelicans/Phantoms/Spirits/sentinel transport equivilent drop health packs, generic primarys, one power weapon and ammo. Longswords/Seraphs/super sentinels (yes, Halo wars!) drop side arm ammo (from dead pilots) and strew ordinance drops haphazardly behind them (along the line they crash) containing any power weapons or primarys of their faction. Drop pods/sentinel nodes (a pod like item which slowly constructs normal Halo CE/Halo 3 sentinels) have a primary and one power weapon of that faction, along with AI character who is friend or foe depending on your faction (sentinels and flood always hostile). Big craft, like the Albatross (crashed thing in sandtrap and map which name i forget from Halo 2) or Lich drop vehicles, primarys and ammo.

The Map: layed out in theme depending on the world. Weapons can be found throughout the map like in ODSTs firefight, with more powerful ones being in hard to get places. Teams spawn on opposite sides and the drop pods allow for slight adjustment. Random events are infrequent, but can be seen coming (the crashing object for example). There are domain style bases which have slowly respawning ammo and health (and some basic vehices) which you have to hold for x amount of time to be claimed as a respawn location and unlock the turrets. They would be themed, so some would be UNSC and some Covenant, and others Forerunner (like the forerunner forts in Halo Wars skirmish). I could see there being only 3 or 4 maps due to the scale of the idea, but along with a campaign its not completely impossible. There would be easy to walk/drive along terrain (roads/paths like in normal multiplayer maps) and then there would be the typicall hilly bits and caves and structures you find in Halo. Alot of the game would be exploring, flanking and just trying to survive. You could be nomadic and chase the weapons, or you could be sneaky and claim a cluster of Domain style bases to hole up in with basic ammo. The back button on the controller would open a map with you and your teams locations on it, and the scoreboard down the righthand side.

Firefight features: At the start of the match there is basic roaming Storm covenant (the covenant one team plays as would be the speratists or other elite faction). Waves do not wait for all enemies to be killed before arriving, the enemies just stack, making murdering everything nessisary. Waves are not announced like in firefight with a voice over, but noticeable sounds and activity can be observed (flights of dropships coming in low etc) andthese enemies are either deployed at significant points (structures, bases, important landmarks on the map) OR if you piss off the dropship by trying to destroy it, the injured one will circle around and drop off soldiers to try flank you (I always wanted the ability to take out enemy dropships before they deployed troops but they were always invincible). After what would be one set in normal firefight (15 waves), a (scripted) alert goes out over the radio of each team and in the sky a ship can be seen falling out of orbit and burning up. Following thish ship is tonnes of debries that land across the map (altering it slightly, this all being scripted so its feasible for a Halo game). Then in your view a flood infested CCS Cruiser Sits above the map taking up most of the sky. This is when flood pods and infected transports crash and now the flood is the new enemy, changing the game flow and reanimating all the corpses you have created (i imagine the lighting could be darker and any music more ominous with the view distance lessened). Flood are durable like in Halo CE where melee takes 3 - 4 hits and they ravage you in close combat. Flood and Storm special forces fight you for the next couple rounds. Again the game ups the ante by sentinel Factories flying in under the ship and tonnes of sentinels (be it normal, promethian or mixed like their ment to be) are deployed around the map. Forerunner weapons are now possible to be claimed frequently (some could have been scavenged from forerunner structures on the map, like any weapon can be found in a base/building on the map) and the game continues until Both teams have lost all their lives. So you are actively hunting the other team, whilst claiming domain style bases as spawns/weapon respawn locations and hiding from the waves of enemies. At the finish there is an objective marker (the furtherest point away from the winning team, as everything always is of course) which is their evac. The team that lost respawns with one life each and has to kill the enemy before their entire team evacs off the map to victory. If the loosing team kills them all its a draw, and slightly less shameful.

If you manage to read this all a congradulate you. You have the willpower of a spartan to put up to my ramblings and grammatical errors. I pretty much summed up everything i liked from other peoples ideas and my own. Any ideas that you would add/subtract/modify?

• Like 1

I really like Captain Napalms idea and backdemons ideas. I love the game day-Z. I don't think this could be in halo, but it could be a totally new game just like halo, same concept, idea, plot, and everything else that halo has. good idea over all and I love it. maybe add (for balancing) something like dumb luck that happens when one team is getting lucky or kind of winning more than the other team that makes them equal to the other team but doesn't hurt the team too bad