Xbox Live Ad's A Success

SykoWolf

The following if from an article on MCVUK.com

79aa9930645508175636d02ca7e55c94.jpg

Advertisements on the Xbox Live dashboard won't be going away anytime soon, as Microsoft has revealed plans to invest further into the space.

Gamespot reports the first wave of 'natural user-interface ads', or just NUads, deployed in Q4 2012 were “highly successful,” in the words of Microsoft.

According to the firm, 37 per cent of Xbox Live users engaged in some way with NUads when prompted with a vote option. Of the 37 per cent, 71 per cent actually voted in a poll.

"These results show that NUads is a real breakthrough in TV advertising, and you can expect more investment from us when it comes to this new ad format and video advertising in general," said Microsoft general manager of Xbox Live entertainment and advertising Ross Honey.

Syko's Note: So it looks like more Ad's on the way, it isn't a terrible thing to be honest, some ad's can be helpful more then other's, this is true...however the more money they bring in from this, the less the next Xbox will cost (hopefully)

Source: http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/microsoft-xbox-live-ads-a-success-more-investment-on-the-way/0109172

• Like 1

Very nice find here Syko.

Syko's Note: So it looks like more Ad's on the way, it isn't a terrible thing to be honest, some ad's can be helpful more then other's, this is true...however the more money they bring in from this, the less the next Xbox will cost (hopefully)

I wouldn't put my money on it :D

• Like 1

How much money they rake in with advertising money wont have any effect on the price of the next console, they will still charge what they think people are willing to pay...

Now, if they start making tons of money from advertising, they should charge us less or nothing for Gold accounts...I feel like I shouldnt have to be bombarded by adds for something I pay so much money for...

• Like 3

This^^ is the exact reason I have recently started my console to boot directly to the game in the drive. More ads equals nothing but more navigation headaches in the next Xbox UI. Whats next....a 30 second random commercial on every new xbox boot?

Nah. Every 30 minutes of gameplay will cause a brief commercial interruption with a message saying "This console is brought to you by (product/company name here)".
  • Like 1

Nah. Every 30 minutes of gameplay will cause a brief commercial interruption with a message saying "This console is brought to you by (product/company name here)".

This game of Battlefield 3 is brought to you by Gillette! Don't let your 5 O'clock shadow get in the way of combat with our new penta-blade razor!

• Like 1