Halo 4 Forum Role-Play

Surveillance

The admiral looked on the crowd in the hangar. "Okay, this is it. We have less than one hour until showtime. Everyone but Hazard and Snapshot squad, you know what you are doing. You have you're orders, in this next fifty-three minutes, I would advise double, even triple checking your weapons and armour. Once this ship is off the ground, there is no going back. The two squads listed, report to Anton for briefing. You have a special assignment." He then walked to the bridge and went over the systems for the hundredth time.

Miraculously with the help of a few fast fingers, Lance Corporal Soto found herself in the hangar bay just in time for the breifing, donned in full ODST Vacuum Grade. For safety purposes, she kept her BR55 without any loaded magazines, which was slung and clattering against her thigh as she walked, same as the modified DMR on her assault vest's magnetic slot. The only firearm that was ready to go--at all times for various reasons--was the M6C at her right thigh.

At the conclusion of the very brief "briefing" Ashley couldn't help but shrug. She had been in a squad for no more than a half hour and they were already on a callsign basis with highcom. Nonetheless, she would follow along as instructed, onwarding to the designated assembly area.

"Your job, Jacob, is to infiltrate the security systems to allow us to get to Midnight. It is the most heavily guarded Covenant place on Requiem. When you are done, meet at Midnight with everyone else, got it?" Anton said. Then he switched to the announcer. "Who wants to bring me into battle? I'll be helpful..." Anton said.

((BaconShelf. you need to reread previous posts. I had dubbed the squad I faced "SnapShot" Please remember to review if you plan to reference an earlier event.))

"Alright Hazard, Load up and get on the transport, We meet at the Staging area."

Ty turned to Murphy.

"No offense, but those Covenant guns'll probably rip you to shreds if we used you for cover. Let's stick to Non-meat shields, Shall we?"

Bauer sprinted through the forest towards his objective...

He was told he needed to move on foot incase any complications arose from enemy forces, so he ran faster then he ever had before....soft but forceful thuds hit the ground as he knocked his way through the vegetation....

"This is Bauer......im 5 minutes from my target...I'll take out the plasma turrets then send the signal for you to send the pelicans in"

Sgt. Tyler "Ty" MacMillan, Hazard 1-1

PFC. Logan Scott, Hazard 1-2

Requiem surface. Near Objective Alpha.

Ty lit up his Comm.

"Bauer, this is MacMillan, Scott and I are on standby about 3 Minutes away from objective Alpha. If you need back-up when you get there, Just launch up a flare, and we'll back you up. Over."

Ty turned to Logan

"Take up an OP and feed Bauer some intel."

Logan climbed the nearest tree and trained his scope on the Objective. He pushed his comm button.

"Bauer, PFC. Scott here, You're looking at about a brigade sized force, maybe 20-30 Troops, Jackals and Elites. You launch that flare and I'll bring the rain. How copy?"

"understood....im approaching the target..."

Bauer slowed down and started to jog carefully towards the target....a twin barrel Plasma Canon....a weapon capable of taking down any pelican within 20 kilometre's with a single shot....

He jumped down from the cliff face and straight onto an elite, breaking its back quickly....

Bauer then proceeded towards the plasma Canon Carefully watching his surroundings...his HUD alerting him to nearby enemy presence.....

4 Jackal Snipers stood watch on the walkway leading to the canon........Bauer made his decision...

Bauer stepped out of cover and quickly planted his knife in the first Jackal, instantly killing it, before he swiftly removed it and ran to the next two jackals, planting his knife in the second jackal and snapping the third jackals neck before removing his knife and throwing it at the last Jackal, hitting it between the eye's....

"Heh....and who said you needed a gun for this" Bauer said as he removed his knife from the last jackal and entered the Plasma Canons Core....Bauer was about to plant the charge when he had a great idea...

He moved over to the firing console and powered the turret up...

He then turned the turret to face the ground....Bauer could hear the Covenant outside yelling and screaming as to why the canon was now pointing at the ground....

Bauer turned on the firing system and sprinted out of the canons power core as it fired....

The shot hit the ground and exploded in a ball of blue fire, destroying the canon and wiping half the base off the Earth...

Bauer barely made it..

"This is Bauer..objective complete"

Ty sighed.

"Shoulda known he wouldn't need us. Logan!"

"Yeah?"

"Signal the pelicans!"

"Got it!"

Logan pulled the flare launcher from his Vest and fired into the air. The blue flare sailed high above the trees.

Logan Re-scoped his rifle.

"Uh... We got company! two squads! they must be coming to check out the flare. 12 total."

"Roger, Start droppin' 'em."

"Gladly."

Logan squeezed the trigger. The shot hit an elite directly in the mouth.

"Yeah! how'd that taste Split-lip?"

"Logan! cut the chatter! we've got work to do!" Ty barked.

He moved forward to a large tree and aimed his AR. He fired three bursts, dropping a pair of Jackals. He noticed most of the covenant were in cover. If they weren't charging, that meant...

"They don't know how many of us there are..."

Ty brought up his comm.

"Bauer! We're engaging a group of Covies about a quarter Klik from your position. They can't tell there's only two of us. I need you to keep reinforcements from getting to them, otherwise we're not gonna last long. Over."

"Understood, ill get in behind them and prevent anymore reinforcements"

Bauer ran towards Ty's Position and spotted another squad moving towards Ty's position...

Bauer pulled down his DMR and took aim...firing and dropping 3 grunts...

Bauer took cover and reloaded then aimed out of cover again to take out the elite who was promptly dropped...

"Doesn't look like many reinforcements coming....." Bauer said over comms

"No problems....we need to scout further ahead...i dont expect the Covenant to sit on their hands while we blow up their canon...ill meet you there"

Bauer set off again and was in position after 10 minutes of straight running...

The ridge line he laid down on looked over a large flat area....a perfect area to be ambushed...or taken out by snipers...

"Guess ill just wait i suppose" Bauer sighed

Ashley had taken the far side of the ridge, opposite to Ty and Logan, lying prone from a safe distance as she observed the exchanging fire leading to the suppression of the Covenant reinforcements. Beside her was Corporal Arnold Fuchs, who was equally low with a set of binoculars pressed against his visor. "Sean Connery," he muttered.

Ashley was silent as she pulled her gaze away from her DMR's scope, glancing at her acting-spotter, nothing the stenciled image of a Mythosaur skull on the slope of his helmet before looking at his visor. "Every James Bond movie out there."

"Name one," he said flatly.

"From 'Russia With Love'."

"'The Rock,'" he replied, keeping the flow of his little game going.

"Oh, Nicholas Cage."

"Damn it--'Face Off.'"

There was a long pause this time. Finally Ashley looked back at her scope, shaking her head with a stifled curse. "I give up."

"Three and Oh."

"You've played this game too much."

"Hey, I got roped into a boring, bull**** op. Sue me."

Soto's helmet stifled her laugh. She was about to say something about choosing him because he was recommended by a trusted friend and former squad mate, but he spoke again, beginning with a chiding laugh. "'Hazard Team,'" he scoffed. "Jee-zus. Makes us sound like an anomalous materials handling crew."

"You could've said no."

He shook his head. "You were in the same squad as one of the best Helljumpers I've ever followed. How can I say no to a friend of a friend like that?" Neutrally, his hand raised between them, a single index finger meant to silence her. "You know what--don't answer that. Just check in."

"It's already time?"

"Yep."

With a slight application of pressure to the chin pad in her helmet, Soto brought her comm to life. "This is Hazard 1-3 to Hazard Actual. Extraction point is still void of all hostiles. Over."

Bauer laid on his stomach over the edge of the cliff.....looking down his DMR's Customised scope at the valley floor....

"This is way to quiet....... I need Hazard Team here now...." Bauer Said over comm

He saw something out of the corner of his visor and quickly lept out of the way as a huge cloaked elite slammed his energy sword into the ground...

Bauer stood up and planted his DMR into the Elites face knocking him back...

The elite lunged forward and hit bauer who stumbled off the edge of the cliff, but grabbed the elite on the way...

The pair fell 400 Meteres, hitting the rocky wall several times before Bauer landed on the Elite ...killing it...

Unfortunatly,Bauer wasnt wearing his helmet and hit his head on the cliff face..knocking him out.....

Jacob infiltrated the defense, he was in the blind spot. He entered the first gun area, killing the covenant manning the guns. He proceeded to do this with the next few, clearing a big enough path. Jacob had dodged many gravity hammers, and was ready for the rest of the assault to begin. He went to the RZ.

"Ways clear." He said over the coms. He thought. "That was easy, to easy..." And almost on Que., two hunters fired at Jacob, he dodged, and distracted one with a frag. He got behind the other and plunged his other frag into the hunters back. He saw the distracted hunter still looking at the frag, pin still not pulled. He ran, got the frag and pulled the pin. He hit the hunters face. The hunter was still alive. He jumped out of the way of a hit, and hit the hunters back. He asked Anton, "you ok in there?" Kind of jokingly.