halo 4

A SHADOW DEMON

my beginning thoughts of halo 4 were awesome! i loved it!

but i have gone through some thought about it now....and i think that halo needs to take a big step back in multiplayer. why? because i remmember that i played halo 3 so much and i loved it. i rarely got bored of it. i didnt need friends to play with me. plus the ranking system, as painfull as it was, was the best and original. now....halo 4 is joining call of duty. i hate to say it but thats how it feels for me. dont get me wrong, i like the multiplayer of halo 4. it just doesnt have that original halo feel to it.

remmember when you had to beat the other guy to the BR in halo 3, or you had to find the rockets on a new map?

now the game shows you where the rockets are at and you can start out with a BR in any game mode...makeing the AR nearly non existent.

i like halo 4. just not as much as halo 3

• Like 1

I agree the infinity ranking system feels really weird. It is a linear system and I Woah that they would move away from this and do something more like halo 3 style. It combined social and ranked playlists which is great because it allows both the great halo players and the dedicated halo players progress up into the ranks. A linear system does not really do anything like this and it mostly favors dedicated players. The good players are only able to just say that they got to SR130 first. I kind of want that feeling back where get a new rank was more of an achievement rather than me wondering how long I was playing for that day. I want to get into a game and see a 5 star general and know...oh crap. I am about to get my arse kicked.

A round of applause for the boosters, cheaters, scammers, hackers that ruined the classic feel of halo. Halo4s online multiplayer is what it is today because of them. I still enjoy the game and have played it non stop since it can out, but I can't see myself playing 2.5 years straight before needing another FPS to play like Halo 3. Reach lasted only a year b4 I got sick of it...and I have a feeling halo 4 might suffer the same fate with me...still love the game to death though hahaha

A round of applause for the boosters, cheaters, scammers, hackers that ruined the classic feel of halo. Halo4s online multiplayer is what it is today because of them. I still enjoy the game and have played it non stop since it can out, but I can't see myself playing 2.5 years straight before needing another FPS to play like Halo 3. Reach lasted only a year b4 I got sick of it...and I have a feeling halo 4 might suffer the same fate with me...still love the game to death though hahaha

i see people boost to 130 all the time i wonder what system will be here for halo 5

i see people boost to 130 all the time i wonder what system will be here for halo 5

Hopefully something like halo 3 or better. No more linear systems! They are boring and there is not much joy in ranking up after you played a game where you got your butt kicked.

• Like 1

i doesnt really matter if people boost to level 130 or if they are level 10, both can be in the same game together. There is a ranking system, but 343 failed to make it visible to players. The say it will be visible at some point, it is there working in the background for now.

halo 4 does also need competitive and social playlists. I hate playing with a guest and our team just gets pummeled because he dies 25 times at the hands of expereinced players

I have to agree with pretty much all that is said here, I for one enjoy Halo 4 and play away but its nowhere near the same feeling as Halo 3. I remember how happy going up a rank made me and how hard I fought to keep it..

Then you faced the lvl 50's and it was like ''this is not goin to end well'' and if you managed to pull it off the sense of accomplishment was amazing.

Nowadays ranks mean nothing just like CoD a higher rank probably means you have less of a real life than the other players lol, after all a bad player still get around 2k (on the losing team) when the best player (on the winning team) only gets less than 3k points. I do not see a ranking system for this game ever really appearing or working at this stage, whatever they do will be too little too late...

I still think back to the days when halo was more like an addiction than a game, I can never see that returning as 343 have tried to follow in others footsteps rather than making their own.