Dual-Weilding

Kurt S-501

AMEN TO THAT HOPE 343 set dual weild sword in

They're never going to put in dual-wieldable energy swords! Jeez, why are people so obsessed with this? Making a power weapon dual-wieldable would be a stupid decision to make. Also, how would it affect anything? The sword is a one-hit kill, why would you want to wield two at once?

They're never going to put in dual-wieldable energy swords! Jeez, why are people so obsessed with this? Making a power weapon dual-wieldable would be a stupid decision to make. Also, how would it affect anything? The sword is a one-hit kill, why would you want to wield two at once?

1. So the player can feel like a badass.

2. So the player can kill 2 people in quick succession.

3. So the player can then brag about his badass-ness.

1. So the player can feel like a badass.

2. So the player can kill 2 people in quick succession.

3. So the player can then brag about his badass-ness.

1. Being a badass doesn't have to make the game unbalanced.

2.You can quickly kill two people with the energy sword, shotgun, rockets, or any other power weapons. I guess those should all be made dual-wieldable too?

3. Why would you brag about using something as cheap as two energy swords together? It's not being a badass, it's being cheap. There's nothing to brag about when being cheap.

I'm a single weilding weapon as well. Dual ones feel too.. cheap? Noobish? I'll always prefer a rifle to those things. But they are fun, so what the hell, I myself am against it but I won't mind if they bring it back.

And yes dual weilding swords (or rockets-shotgun) is just stupid. I mean just stay here while I ride on a Banshee with my sniper and rockets out of the drivers windows. Wait they should put wings on the scorpion tank! That HAS to be BASASS and something to BRAG about. It should be fun right?

It makes me feel old to say this, but I miss the days of picking up a Plasma Pistol and an SMG and just ruining peoples days. Since I'm more of a SWAT player anyways, I also liked the PP/Pistol combo, since then shields would not save people from my deadly ability to put a hunk of lead into someone's skull. Dual wielding Needlers was also awesome, and it wasn't like you automatically became a God with two weapons. You still got killed by players that were better than you, or were lucky. And it's not like there weren't drawbacks. You lost the ability to melee in a moments notice, and to throw grenades as well.

As far as adding MORE drawbacks to it, all I have to say is that a Spartan is almost more machine than man, it is implausible that a Spartan would have ANY of the same weaknesses as a normal human being.

Mjolnir armor adds to their "regular" abilities (which are far superior to ANY normal soldier) as well. The Spartan II's and III's are the closest that any human being has ever been to a walking tank. It makes no sense at all for them to feel ANY recoil from anything short of a .50 cal. Unless John's armor were extremely degraded, the effect of him holding a rifle or pistol should be the same effect as putting the same rifle or pistol into a vice.

To move away from Canon and whatnot, why the HELL would you want ANY weapon to be less accurate? If you make a weapon less accurate, that detracts from the skill it takes to actually AIM the damned thing. Halo has never been a game of pure skill, but it definitely used to be harder to get a killing spree when the bullets actually went where you pointed them rather then the new "it might go here" system they have in Reach.

It used to be that COD and similar titles took things from Halo to make THEIR games better. Adding bloom and decreasing accuracy just makes Halo more like COD and similar titles. What's next? Shaky sniper scopes and holding your breath to take a shot? If you don't like Halo the way it's meant to be, then go play a different game, rather than trying to make Halo into that game. Halo makes so much money anyways that it sure won't miss you at all.

/rant

It makes me feel old to say this, but I miss the days of picking up a Plasma Pistol and an SMG and just ruining peoples days. Since I'm more of a SWAT player anyways, I also liked the PP/Pistol combo, since then shields would not save people from my deadly ability to put a hunk of lead into someone's skull. Dual wielding Needlers was also awesome, and it wasn't like you automatically became a God with two weapons. You still got killed by players that were better than you, or were lucky. And it's not like there weren't drawbacks. You lost the ability to melee in a moments notice, and to throw grenades as well.

As far as adding MORE drawbacks to it, all I have to say is that a Spartan is almost more machine than man, it is implausible that a Spartan would have ANY of the same weaknesses as a normal human being.

Mjolnir armor adds to their "regular" abilities (which are far superior to ANY normal soldier) as well. The Spartan II's and III's are the closest that any human being has ever been to a walking tank. It makes no sense at all for them to feel ANY recoil from anything short of a .50 cal. Unless John's armor were extremely degraded, the effect of him holding a rifle or pistol should be the same effect as putting the same rifle or pistol into a vice.

To move away from Canon and whatnot, why the HELL would you want ANY weapon to be less accurate? If you make a weapon less accurate, that detracts from the skill it takes to actually AIM the damned thing. Halo has never been a game of pure skill, but it definitely used to be harder to get a killing spree when the bullets actually went where you pointed them rather then the new "it might go here" system they have in Reach.

It used to be that COD and similar titles took things from Halo to make THEIR games better. Adding bloom and decreasing accuracy just makes Halo more like COD and similar titles. What's next? Shaky sniper scopes and holding your breath to take a shot? If you don't like Halo the way it's meant to be, then go play a different game, rather than trying to make Halo into that game. Halo makes so much money anyways that it sure won't miss you at all.

/rant

Um.....decreasing accuracy when shooting quickly or holding the trigger down has been in every Halo FPS. Bloom is nothing but the crosshairs expanding to visually show you the area where your shots are going to land. Bloom doesn't cause your shots to become less accurate. That's what bullet spread does. Halo doesn't need to stay the exact same, regardless of what you believe. Eventually, people are (people already have been/are) going to get sick of it being the exact same kind of gameplay, and just decide to not play anymore. Just look at COD. It's the exact same kind of gameplay over and over. Yea people buy it, but it turns a lot of people off seeing as how it's been the exact same for years now. It doesn't take less skill to aim something if it's less accurate. It could actually take more skill because of having to deal with the inaccuracy. Have you ever played Halo 1, 2, or 3? All of them have a thing called "bullet spread" in them. Reach is no different. Here's an example. Go to each of them and fire off a few weapons. You'll notice your shots will go to different areas. How is that any different than what happens in Reach? If they didn't have any sort of recoil feature, no bullet spread, it would all come down to who can shoot and hit their target first.

In Halo CE (the first one) they did not have random bullet spreads in single shot weapons. This is why you could kill people (fully shielded people at that) from across Blood Gulch with the magnum. In Halo 2 all weapons were hit-scan, no random bullet spread, and went where you pointed them (except fully automatic and covenant). Halo 3 introduced non-hitscan weapons with random bullet spread. The BR was a 3 bullet burst. The first bullet went directly in the middle of the reticle every time, perfectly. Th other 2 bullets had a percentage chance to land inside of the reticle, second bullet a higher chance than the third. The Sniper Rifle, Beam Rifle, Carbine, and the Pistol were all hit-scan and (with the exception of the carbine) went exactly dead center of the reticle with each shot.

Reach introduced the single fire DMR, if the bloom is reset completely the bullet will go directly in the center of the reticle AND the weapons are hit-scan but if you spam your shots, the bullets start to stray from their intended target. In other words, if you are pointing directly at someone's head, and firing your little heart out, then the bullets will hit the head once or twice, then hit the area AROUND the head after that. And there is no such thing as "dealing with inaccuracy" because inaccuracy is random, and therefor uncontrollable. So instead of a game of skill, you are just rolling dice on where your shots after the second one fired are going to land. This is why people spam the crap out of the pistol and DMR. To increase the odds of the bullets actually hitting their target. It takes four shots from the DMR to pop a shield, and if someone is spamming, those four shots will hit WAY faster than if someone is actually aiming and pacing their shots to compensate for the bullet spread. And the AF (after first) shots in Halo Reach are FAR more random than the ones in Halo CE, Halo 2, and Halo 3. If you took the randomness of all three games and added them up, it would probably be HALF of Reach.

Take our match on the Classic Slayer game we played. I didn't even AIM with half my shots, just pointed and pulled the trigger as many times as possible, and still got a pretty decent score. If it was Halo 1 or 2, that type of behavior would have gotten me a -15 spread. Even on Halo 3 it was a game of aim rather than spray and pray.

Don't get me wrong, I like Reach, I just do not want to see an inhuman hybrid of COD and Halo. COD doesn't take skill to own on. I am HORRIBLE at games like that, and I was first prestige two days after the game came out. I don't care if Halo changes, just as long as it's for the better. Halo is a legendary franchise, and deserves more than being turned into just another fps.

But anyways, we are a bit off topic now. For me, dual wielding is a go.

In Halo CE (the first one) they did not have random bullet spreads in single shot weapons. This is why you could kill people (fully shielded people at that) from across Blood Gulch with the magnum. In Halo 2 all weapons were hit-scan, no random bullet spread, and went where you pointed them (except fully automatic and covenant). Halo 3 introduced non-hitscan weapons with random bullet spread. The BR was a 3 bullet burst. The first bullet went directly in the middle of the reticle every time, perfectly. Th other 2 bullets had a percentage chance to land inside of the reticle, second bullet a higher chance than the third. The Sniper Rifle, Beam Rifle, Carbine, and the Pistol were all hit-scan and (with the exception of the carbine) went exactly dead center of the reticle with each shot.

Reach introduced the single fire DMR, if the bloom is reset completely the bullet will go directly in the center of the reticle AND the weapons are hit-scan but if you spam your shots, the bullets start to stray from their intended target. In other words, if you are pointing directly at someone's head, and firing your little heart out, then the bullets will hit the head once or twice, then hit the area AROUND the head after that. And there is no such thing as "dealing with inaccuracy" because inaccuracy is random, and therefor uncontrollable. So instead of a game of skill, you are just rolling dice on where your shots after the second one fired are going to land. This is why people spam the crap out of the pistol and DMR. To increase the odds of the bullets actually hitting their target. It takes four shots from the DMR to pop a shield, and if someone is spamming, those four shots will hit WAY faster than if someone is actually aiming and pacing their shots to compensate for the bullet spread. And the AF (after first) shots in Halo Reach are FAR more random than the ones in Halo CE, Halo 2, and Halo 3. If you took the randomness of all three games and added them up, it would probably be HALF of Reach.

Take our match on the Classic Slayer game we played. I didn't even AIM with half my shots, just pointed and pulled the trigger as many times as possible, and still got a pretty decent score. If it was Halo 1 or 2, that type of behavior would have gotten me a -15 spread. Even on Halo 3 it was a game of aim rather than spray and pray.

Don't get me wrong, I like Reach, I just do not want to see an inhuman hybrid of COD and Halo. COD doesn't take skill to own on. I am HORRIBLE at games like that, and I was first prestige two days after the game came out. I don't care if Halo changes, just as long as it's for the better. Halo is a legendary franchise, and deserves more than being turned into just another fps.

But anyways, we are a bit off topic now. For me, dual wielding is a go.

-facepalm- COD does take skill to be good at. It requires a different kind and different amount of skill is all. The weapons in Reach are not hitscan. Twinreaper can even say this. They merely seem hitscan. The AR in Reach is not far less accurate from what I've seen. Yes there is such a thing as dealing with inaccuracy. There is inaccuracy the faster and more you pull the trigger. You have to deal with that when firing your weapon like that. The only way someone would really lose a match against a spammer is if they're at close or close-medium range. That's when you do not pace your shots as much as you should at longer ranges. If you're trying to pace your shots, you're going to lose a close quarters fight. There's nothing wrong with that. That's the way it should work. When spamming at close ranges, more of your shots are going to hit, so there is no need to pace. The inaccuracy is not random. You can not have something random when there are set rules with how something behaves. I've not seen how the AR shots in Reach are more "random" since they can't be. Do you know what I do when someone is far away and I have the assault rifle? I shoot in bursts. Guess what? I always get more hits on them if they're spamming it. I don't know how you get that the "randomness of all three games equal to half of Reach". So you're saying they also had random shots? Again, it can't be random if there are set rules to how the weapon behaves. Yes, you did aim. If you hadn't aimed your shots at me, they wouldn't have hit me. The bullets will never be shot in one location and hit me like you're apparently saying. Inaccuracy is controllable. Do you know how you control it? By shooting in bursts. By making sure you're pacing only when you need to. That's how you control it. Reach isn't an "inhuman hybrid of COD and Halo". Plenty of other shooters have used expanding crosshairs, and I don't see how you find it such a big deal. So the crosshairs aren't a still image, what's the problem with that? The expanding of the crosshairs doesn't lead to your shots being inaccurate.

1. Being a badass doesn't have to make the game unbalanced.

2.You can quickly kill two people with the energy sword, shotgun, rockets, or any other power weapons. I guess those should all be made dual-wieldable too?

3. Why would you brag about using something as cheap as two energy swords together? It's not being a badass, it's being cheap. There's nothing to brag about when being cheap.

what i am trying to say is that it wold just be fun.