Soooo wheres this ranking system?

Destroyaaa

Its January 8th, and I havent heard a peep about the ranking system thats supposed to be coming out early this year. Not going to rant about it here but I would like to know when its coming out so that I can try and enjoy Halo 4.

It's still not gonna be fun until we get SEPERATE ranked and social lists lol. Having a rank is one thing, having team mates that are in that same skill level is another and that's where H2 and H3 had it right.

It's still not gonna be fun until we get SEPERATE ranked and social lists lol. Having a rank is one thing, having team mates that are in that same skill level is another and that's where H2 and H3 had it right.

Well of course, by now this should be common knowledge lol. If you have seen some of my topics about the ranking system in the past you'd know that I am the biggest supporter of H2. I cant keep pushing the same point over and over again, its gotten redundant. I will occasionally pick up halo 4 maybe once every 2 weeks and play a game or 2. Theres no point, it lacks substance. Maybe if they rank some playlists I can work to achieve something, otherwise it'll be a nice coaster. I check the halo waypoint forums because it is the official site and they havent said a thing or fixed anything that the majority of people want changed (ranking system, custom games, playlists). They made their money already, seems like they dont care if anyone is playing it.

Oh and one more thing, I don't play MLG anymore but its terrible how they cant reach a deal with MLG and are looking to partner with virgin gaming. Just shows that this game is so far down the wrong road, not sure if its coming back.

• Like 4

All they've said so far is that it'll be out 'when it's ready' - at best, it might come in around the release of the next map pack, at worst, we might have to wait until after the final map pack's been released. In the meantime, you DO still have a rank, it just isn't visible anywhere yet!

Well of course, by now this should be common knowledge lol. If you have seen some of my topics about the ranking system in the past you'd know that I am the biggest supporter of H2. I cant keep pushing the same point over and over again, its gotten redundant. I will occasionally pick up halo 4 maybe once every 2 weeks and play a game or 2. Theres no point, it lacks substance. Maybe if they rank some playlists I can work to achieve something, otherwise it'll be a nice coaster. I check the halo waypoint forums because it is the official site and they havent said a thing or fixed anything that the majority of people want changed (ranking system, custom games, playlists). They made their money already, seems like they dont care if anyone is playing it.

Oh and one more thing, I don't play MLG anymore but its terrible how they cant reach a deal with MLG and are looking to partner with virgin gaming. Just shows that this game is so far down the wrong road, not sure if its coming back.

No kidding

All they've said so far is that it'll be out 'when it's ready' - at best, it might come in around the release of the next map pack, at worst, we might have to wait until after the final map pack's been released. In the meantime, you DO still have a rank, it just isn't visible anywhere yet!

And how well did that work in Reach? lol

Not too badly, actually. For every horrible unbalanced match, I probably had four or five that were balanced quite well. They just don't stick out as much in my memory.

Exactly, I used to get put against the top 100 swat players in the world routinely .... I'm not on that level lol.

Exactly, I used to get put against the top 100 swat players in the world routinely .... I'm not on that level lol.

Maybe you are, and your connection was just playing up - take it as a compliment! :)

I actually used to get matched against 40s and 50s in Halo 3, even though my rank was something like 15 due to always playing social and only getting LIVE about three months before Reach came out. Actually held my own in a fair few of those matches, too - I get the feeling the ranking system is a lot less accurate than most people remember (or at least, I got very lucky with my own games).

Hopefully they reset it though, but based on the way this game is going they are probably going to reward the people who have played without a ranking system

Hopefully they reset it though, but based on the way this game is going they are probably going to reward the people who have played without a ranking system

They did say in their announcement that they haven't yet decided whether or not they're going to reset it when they implement it - if they do reset it, there's going to be some seriously one-sided games in the immediate aftermath!

• Like 1

They did say in their announcement that they haven't yet decided whether or not they're going to reset it when they implement it - if they do reset it, there's going to be some seriously one-sided games in the immediate aftermath!

Boy if they dont reset it some poor high level bad kids who have played a lot of games are going to feel my wrath!! lol

Maybe you are, and your connection was just playing up - take it as a compliment! :)

I actually used to get matched against 40s and 50s in Halo 3, even though my rank was something like 15 due to always playing social and only getting LIVE about three months before Reach came out. Actually held my own in a fair few of those matches, too - I get the feeling the ranking system is a lot less accurate than most people remember (or at least, I got very lucky with my own games).

If you were playing Social the matches were probably made using your Trueskill number for the Social playlists. Every time a new playlist comes out everyone's Trueskill in that playlist is 1, you have to play it to do increase that number. So if those 40s and 50s had only played the playlist a little bit or weren't very good at it then they would have had lower Trueskill in it.

All the playlists had a Trueskill system matching players together, the Social ones just hid the number. The constant "new" playlists in Halo 4 keep a lot of people from excelling in any one playlist, so their Trueskills stay lower and the matches are less even. Basically the system doesn't get the time and the information it needs to correctly sort players against other players of similar skill. It needs so many games to be played by a player before it can get an accurate number on them.

The rank will only be on waypoint and you can o on multiple sites to see your true skill. HaloTracker.com will show it to you. Seeing as when it's added it still won't match you with people of similar skill I really don't care about a stupid rank that won't even match me with people of my skill range.