Why does a game need to be ruined?

xXRamboNoobXx

I have notived a lot of stuff copied from Call of Duty in Halo 4, ya it's cool, but by doing this it has ruined the game. Custom games is all about objective based games, were there is no fun, We have lost Race, Juggernaut, and lots of other stuff. Looking at flood, thats just a poor replacement to Infection, We can't customize the zombies, to were they have guns. If only Halo 4's custom games were to have most of the elements of Halo 3's, I think the game would be a lot better. Sooo many other Big Game Corporations have copied COD like crazy, and I would hate to see halo turn into another COD ripoff, I would like to see Halo's Originality back. Otherwise If I wanted to play a COD like game, I would just play COD. So Please 343 Make Halo 4 better and fix these problems.

• Like 1

Well the thing is is that its a new Developer 343 and they didn't want to just copy the other games they wanted to beat it. And trust me you'll find alot more friendly people in Halo that CoD. Also welcome to the 343 Industries Community Forums! :welcome:

It is natural for games in the game genre to be similar to each other. RTS games are very similar in a lot of respects but that doesnt make them the same game.

This Halo is definately a Halo game, just has a different feel to it than the others. What that feeling is is up to you as thats a personal opinion. To me I like the direction it went in.

My guess is that when 343 took over they had an unhealthy amount of Microsoft interference. Microsoft will want to make sales and maximize profits. Business people looking at call of duty sales numbers will understandably begin to drool, but most business people are often really stupid people. They don't bother researching things or trying to understand a market situation, they just want the numbers.

Anyone who has ever been any kind of manager can attest to the people above them having no clue what things look like on the ground. Whoever wanted a lot of the things in Halo 4 that are in Halo 4 was obviously pretty dull, but what we don't know is who it was and whether they were actually in a position to direct the game or instead in a position to pressure the game's director. Either way someone at 343 copied waaaay too much from Call of Duty, I know that for sure.

• Like 1

I agree, to an extent anyway

I loved the fact that Halo had its originality and didn't copy games like CoD. Also, I don't think 343 should even consider attempting to 'beat' CoD either. Not because they couldn't, but because there's no point to it. Reach had amazing features like Fire Fight, Infection, Juggernaut, Great MP ranking system, and Forge World. While Halo 4 has Spartan Ops, Flood, and only 3 good maps to forge on. Well, Spartan Ops isn't that amazing and certainly isn't a replacement for Fire Fight, Flood is fun and its cool.... But you cant change the Floods features to carry guns and such so its limiting. Also, the whole 'unlocking' abilities, and tactical packs is horrible. THAT is CoD in all its glory right there. In Halo, your supposed to have a perfectly equal footing with every other player, not play longer and unlock everything depending on your rank. Why do you think Bungie only made armors unlockable? Its because armor didn't effect your gameplay at all. Now, even though it doesn't make the games extremely unfair- It does make it slightly unfair, and that's all it takes.

HOWEVER

Halo 4 does give a huge upgrade to the Forge Mechanics, so things that drove me crazy before are easy to do. Multiplayer is a lot fun, its only that the ranking system is flawed. Also the campaign is fun, I like that 343 is making their own story.

Now, as you can see the Cons out weigh the Pros by A LOT. But that's only because I liked Reach and I'm comparing it to that. If you think of Halo 4 as its own standalone game then yeah, its fantastic.

i totally agree with you, if i wanted to play call of duty i would play call of duty, and harbinger is wrong why would you try to make halo better than cod when it has been since halo CE. and i cant believe they took out race that was my favorite thing to do in halo 3. if they wanted to make a better halo then they shouldn't have tried to make a better COD.

My guess is that when 343 took over they had an unhealthy amount of Microsoft interference. Microsoft will want to make sales and maximize profits.

While I disagree with the statement that Halo is extremely hindered by these changes, I do agree with this statement. It's the truth.

like others said, new company have taken over, likely gave microsoft a little too much control failing to help, the game is ok overall, my only beef with it is early dlcs and disc locked content (spec armors, seriously just 100kb or so wich oviusly just script runtime to unlock them) hopefully by the next game 343 will listen to the fan base (hopefully the veteran fan base insted of new people) and will impruve on it, as for my personal opinion, weapon drops need to go, maybe take some mechanics from older halos (example from halo 2, 1 power weapon spawn per team, and respawning ammo boxes for the weapon, heavy weapon pickup locked to enemy team to avoid rushing for rocket luncher, etc) anyway point is, if you dont like it, go back to reach, or play a diffrent game, noone stopping you.