Ravine. Forge map.

PublicAlliance

People say that the Ravine forge map or just custome game map is very small but its not u have to remember the hallways through the rocks on the other side of the map and the big building that u can go inside. it is like 3 time bigger than the ravin with out the building. And they made it more interesting they made a big just/fall and a broken brige. Ravine is bigger and better than you think. It is also something differant than a big map. Because some people like me like building small maps with say alot of buildings and only some veichles. But if you still disagree please tell me your comment on why its bad, why you think its bad. Thank you.

Most people want FW back because it could handle 1v1 - 8v8 size maps with room to spare. The new maps, additionally, have too many per built structures and not enough decent terrain as well as not much space to build in the air. Apart from impact and a city doesn't look good in space.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

... You can easily change the soft kill boundaries. I think Ravine is pretty cool, and has a lot of potential. Impact is huge, just the space between the two biggest rocks looks smaller than it really is. Honestly the usable area on Impact seems about 3/4 of the size of the usable area on Forge World. Haven't tried Erosion.

I honestly did not enjoy any of the maps in the beginning of the life span of Halo 4. It took a long time before I could acknowledge what Halo 4 forge could do and the great things that came with it. Erosion, I felt was the smallest map ever, but then after a month, I came to realize that it is actually probably the largest terrain based map to build on. I feel it is great for big team maps If you use terrain wisely. The pallet on it creates this nice abandoned feel to the map and creates alot. The dynamic lighting is kind of garbage in their though. In Impact, it is great for mainly minigame based maps, and if you use terrain accordingly you could make a larger sized map. The scenery of the map is nice, but I don't like how everything is sooooo white in Impact. Lastly, in Ravine, I feel it is really difficult to build maps that include the terrain or even where the Citadel is located. Ravine is nice and has the best natural feeling and great dynamic lighting, it's just a forge map that is more difficult to forge on. Each map has a reason, and how you forge is what you imagine. I feel forge though is not easy to the new forgers at all, nor the less experienced. It is like the complete opposite of matchmaking where that is too noob friendly.

• 1 month later...

i like ravine... i like firing tank shells at the other islands, jumping out and watching the shells with the sniper rifle scope.  i was surprised how far they go.  but the water fall... and the mist deep in the ravine are two nice special effects to work into a map.  impact has nothing as far as anything like that.   erosion... i wish you could USE all the pipe parts.  why did they make them solid??