What makes a GREAT map?

icycoolx

if yo look back to halo 3 you will see that every map is absolutley amazing. halo 3 was my favortite and the maps and forging was outstanding but all of that was ruined by halo reach and sadly halo 4 as continued the crappy game streak. halo 3 maps are amazing because they capture the natural beauty of the world without going overboard on the natural stuff. also halo 3 maps were perfectly sized and halo reach forge world was wayyyyyyy too big and al of the items on forge for halo 4 and halo reach are the same daft boring color. halo, 3,s forge offered much more freedom than halo reach and halo 4. also halo 3 maps dosent have too much static objects and evertthinh was open and colorful. so what truly makes a great map for halo is...

it has to be oben and reasonably sized

has to be very colorful, (look at pictures on google images of maps like high ground or last resort)

halo maps should also capture the look of diffrent enviorments if you look at high ground it has a small beach, a military base and rocky cliffs and the rock in halo 3, is a light brown/tan color wich was ideal for the realistic look of the map. i hope this answers your question and i wish you a merry christmas. oh and santa isnt real

and what is your gamertag i want to friend you on xbl. mine is string6wicked

i also need halp. i have undertaken a project to re-create a halo 3 map like high ground or last resort and was wondering if you could help me my gamertag is string6wicked.

• Like 1

if yo look back to halo 3 you will see that every map is absolutley amazing. halo 3 was my favortite and the maps and forging was outstanding but all of that was ruined by halo reach and sadly halo 4 as continued the crappy game streak. halo 3 maps are amazing because they capture the natural beauty of the world without going overboard on the natural stuff. also halo 3 maps were perfectly sized and halo reach forge world was wayyyyyyy too big and al of the items on forge for halo 4 and halo reach are the same daft boring color. halo, 3,s forge offered much more freedom than halo reach and halo 4. also halo 3 maps dosent have too much static objects and evertthinh was open and colorful. so what truly makes a great map for halo is...

it has to be oben and reasonably sized

has to be very colorful, (look at pictures on google images of maps like high ground or last resort)

halo maps should also capture the look of diffrent enviorments if you look at high ground it has a small beach, a military base and rocky cliffs and the rock in halo 3, is a light brown/tan color wich was ideal for the realistic look of the map. i hope this answers your question and i wish you a merry christmas. oh and santa isnt real

and what is your gamertag i want to friend you on xbl. mine is string6wicked

i also need halp. i have undertaken a project to re-create a halo 3 map like high ground or last resort and was wondering if you could help me my gamertag is string6wicked.

Thanks for the tips. Yeah I can add you but I didn't play Halo 3 that much so I don't know if I can really help you make the maps again. I may need to go look at them again either on Halo 3 and/or on the internet. I do forge quite a bit and I make slayer and CTF maps. I am trying out a few different competitive forging styles like MLG, Arena, CTF, and maybe even some BTB.

A great map includes good placement, for example next to the waterfall in Ravine. It needs to be balanced on both sides. Give it a good amount of detail with just small things. An example would be spending time on something like a statue in the middle of the map.

• Like 1

A balanced map, I like symmetry or pseudo symmetrical. I don't like asymmetric maps. Never make a building with only 1 entrance, some cover but don't go overboard, think about power weapon placement such as don't use a sniper on a small map, aswell don't put rockets on a small map. A sword is a fine example of a good weapon on a small map.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

A good map is not only fun to play on but also is pleasing to the eye. Weather it's using the terrain of the forge maps in neat and unique ways or making a map with the forge pieces look like a map that would be in a Halo game. Good maps also have good spawning. If your map has really predicable spawning, it makes it REALLY easy to spawn kill other players and that's not fun at all. Be unique with your creations and use the materials in Forge in a way no else has thought of yet. Happy Forging dude. :)

• Like 1