So... is Diadact dead?

LANK3Y PROZz

Perhaps, like the Librarian herself, he has left behind an element of himself in an AI, or maybe when he fell into the composer he was converted into a Promethean of some kind, it is unclear what form a forerunner who has been composed may take.

He wasn't composed because he can't be. Watch the terminals.

No, in the terminals, he states that he is unable to make himself immune to Flood infection, and the Librarian states that entities composed cannot return to biological form

In the end scenes of the game, you can tell if you really pay attention, that Didact ended up in the same place as some other Forerunners are at. Now I don't know whether this is some sort of digital realm or whether he is with living Forerunners, I have no idea, but considering as how he is being tried yet again, I think he is with living Forerunners somewhere. You know that the speech that he gives is from now instead of millions of years ago, because he mentions that the reclamation has already began, which can only be when humanity has regained their power, and it is called the Reclaimer Trilogy after all.

I agree. It makes sense that he is in another realm. The forerunner may have vanquished themselves into the digital real,matter firing the halo array, he was left behind obviously. The forerunner have no way of returning from that realm...so far.

There's never been any mention of such a realm. All the forerunners died during the firing of the Halos.

I agree. It makes sense that he is in another realm. The forerunner may have vanquished themselves into the digital real,matter firing the halo array, he was left behind obviously. The forerunner have no way of returning from that realm...so far.

There's never been any mention of such a realm. All the forerunners died during the firing of the Halos.

Well then what is this so called Domain that has been repeatedly mentioned? We don't know much about it but that it is knowledge from the Precursors. It also looks like all of the dead promethean's data is absorbed into it, so maybe the Forerunners composed themselves and then fired the halos, or just transferred their data into the Domain. Maybe it is like a Forerunner afterlife, or maybe the afterlife for all things in that galaxy of the Halo universe.

Well then what is this so called Domain that has been repeatedly mentioned? We don't know much about it but that it is knowledge from the Precursors. It also looks like all of the dead promethean's data is absorbed into it, so maybe the Forerunners composed themselves and then fired the halos, or just transferred their data into the Domain. Maybe it is like a Forerunner afterlife, or maybe the afterlife for all things in that galaxy of the Halo universe.

The domain is a domain where the forerunners could access data. It was a database, so i find it unlikely they would transfer themselves into it.

The domain is a domain where the forerunners could access data. It was a database, so i find it unlikely they would transfer themselves into it.

If that was your only way of living on, wouldn't it make sense to transfer yourself into that rather than just being vaporized forever. Besides, they knew that humans would one day discover the Domain and the rest of their structures and technology, so it would be safe to say that they wouldn't just blow themselves up without some form of living on.

If that was your only way of living on, wouldn't it make sense to transfer yourself into that rather than just being vaporized forever. Besides, they knew that humans would one day discover the Domain and the rest of their structures and technology, so it would be safe to say that they wouldn't just blow themselves up without some form of living on.

So in otherwords your saying he got Composed. Because thats the transfer of organic matter into digital form...

So in otherwords your saying he got Composed. Because thats the transfer of organic matter into digital form...

Actually no, that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that that's probably what happened to most of the Forerunners, but they just didn't make themselves mechanical afterwards. This particular Forerunner, The Didact, I don't really know what happened to him, but I think he was teleported to some living Forerunners. I don't know for sure though, so the best explanation would probably be that all but the important Forerunners were transferred to the Domain, while the other members were sealed away somewhere else, and can only be released from the outside or they are too afraid of the possibility of a containment breach from the flood, and the Didact was somehow teleported there and was then put on trial after he fell off the composer. Noone knows what happened to him, but there are very high odds that he is still alive in some form.