Halo 4 map pack

Criticalvector

So it has come to my attention that a LOT of people got the new halo 4 crimson map pack for you guessed it free... I get on my xbox late because I'm out doing stuff and now they are charging the 800 Microsoft points for it I'd like to know how that's really fair at all. I for one am probably not going to buy them in hope of them making it free again because I don't see how that's fair to everyone who payed for it while others just got them for free. Thoughts?

So I assume The DLC came out (@ 4am cst/cdt) for me but 343 did not fully understand how to get it out there to people with LE Halo 4 and The War Games Map Pass. Well I said to myself, ill check back in the morning, like im sure most did. Well I wake up from a text from my cousins "we just got the Crimson DLC for free" which they do not have the LE or the Pass! This bugs me because I bought the war pack map pass and even though i should get them for free like i did, i lost out on that so called 15% or 5$ i saved buying this pass!

So to people who dont have LE or The Pass and didnt get FREE MAPS, im sorry you lucked out and just realize even if this didnt happen, you would have to pay anyway!

To people who got it free, i dont think you should be punished but it does seem extremely unfair

To people with the Map Pass, I feel we should get new Armor (Helmets) or Skins or 10Free Levels or 5$ worth of avatar items.

Unless 343 Industries can fix what they messed up and just make the next DLC 15$ to balance it out, but even so, that mean people who didnt get free DLC would be getting screwed more

Either way, just figure something out to Benefit LE Halo 4 people and War Pass. and everyone else will just have to accept what they got

Those who got them for free probably weren't supposed to get them for free. They're 800 MSP and that's the price they were meant to be. Those with the Map Pass and LE will obviously be able to download this map pack and the next two because they've pre-payed for them. Yes it stinks that some were able to get them when they shouldn't have (unless there was some sort of contest held to give a few people the maps for free), but neither 343 Industries or Microsoft have to give those who did pay any sort of compensation. Nor should they.

Well for

1. People who got them free, got lucky and in some way should be restricted to use them until bought

2. People who did not get them for free, lucked out and will have to realize it was suppose to be 800MSP and move on

3. People with Map Pass wasted 15% or 5$ on something most people got free. So i feel we should be given, lets say a free avatar prop, but either way ill accept it and move on as long as it doesnt happen again

4. LE Halo 4 people did not get affected to much even tho they got "Video and Forward Unto Dawn Content" Big Whoop! I reached 50 by the time December Hit anyway.

5. If this was ment as a "holiday present" i think 343 should address that so people will not get mad but you know people will and they will have to accept that they need to pay 800MSP and move on but it comes back to the Map Pass people losing money now

6. In all I love halo and IMO the maps are not really as good as Exile, Haven, Ragnarok, LongBow, Vortex, and are more suited for closer combat, I feel red gets blinded on Wreckage and Shatter and Harvest I believe were just to identical just flipped from night to day and different textures.

7. All In all, Im just going to keep playing halo and let 343 do whatever the hell they want about all the problems, if the multiplayer starts to suck and affects my gameplay, there are plenty of other hot titles worth playing and dealing with

since the price for map packs is 800 points a peice, map pass owners paid 2000 points for 3.. now people get one for free.. meaning map pass owners got the great deal of paying 400 points more then anybody else... we got screwed out of our money simply for being loyal enough to sign up for all 3 packs in advance... the whole reason for map pass and the deal it was offering was to save money by signing up for all 3 in advance and we were charged extra instead.. this is false advertising. as microsoft is currently stating there are no refunds or reimbursments, umm... then isnt the map pass false advertising?.. do i smell a law suit if they wont give some sort of refund? i think i do :P

Wxoqhjfeh グッチアウトレット Ibqqpuesf グッチ財布 Ekqngehkr Xlsknbdac グッチトート バッグ Mubvohmki Xqyoneyfx http://www.guccihere.com/ Bgtuaxmsb Aaudcpgue グッチ アウトレット Cvypzjtcu Rdmgetect グッチ バッグ Hqrkfqcvr Jbncfrohh グッチ 財布 メンズ Kucfiigcp Kvqvaglyp http://www.muchgucci.com Iuxmlxdhv Mpfdxkcda コーチ バッグ Vuguezrzn コーチ 財布 Uaxywsqrd Rwbfublso コーチ メンズ バッグ Peyikfrgj Uefrnvozu http://www.wowcoachjp.com/ Yxidqivhs

I am one of the people that got the Crimson DLC for free. It pretty much threw itsself at me when I turned on the game the other day ( I.E. Halo 4 start screen appears, prompted to download the Crimson DLC). I wasn't gonna say no, but I hadn't considered the folks that paid for it. Today, I turn on my Xbox and DL the latest Halo 4 update, enter war games and no Crimson DLC. I'm just curious what the "Official" word is on this. Was it a mistake, a glitch, was it on purpose, what? I agree that it isn't fair to those that paid for the content, but it seems kinda crappy to just take it away from those that got it.

Additional thought:

Perhaps its like the proverbial crack dealer. Give it away for free until the person is hooked, then you're almost guaranteed a paying customer. I would prefer to believe that 343i has better ethics than that though.

Still a fun game even without the free DLC, may or may not buy the extra maps, haven't decided.