Deaths Should Detract From Your "Score"

Cortar

A player who went 20-20 is not better for the team than the player who went 17-10. I know its going to hurt some care bears feelings but we honestly should go back to just straight up k/d's. If not, at least modulate the current system some.

ESPECIALLY for Team Regicide Its very easy to get a king that goes 1-1 and makes your team lose in the end because he played so poorly but he stays king the entire time.

• Like 1

A player who went 20-20 is not better for the team than the player who went 17-10. I know its going to hurt some care bears feelings but we honestly should go back to just straight up k/d's. If not, at least modulate the current system some.

ESPECIALLY for Team Regicide Its very easy to get a king that goes 1-1 and makes your team lose in the end because he played so poorly but he stays king the entire time.

Yeah, k/d should definitely have an effect on player score.

No, it's never been like that. And shouldn't start now.

People go 30-10 and don't want to be downgraded to 20. Same with people who go 5-20 they don't want insult to injury.

Since you can just straight up leave games with no penalty if you are anywhere near 5-20 you should probably just leave, there is no excuse to have that bad of a game.

This is mostly for Team Regicide though, its annoying when the one of the badder players on your team gets first strike then stays King for a long time, feeding the enemy team deaths but staying King bc he gets a few kings every now and then.

I think you meant subtract not detract. I believe that's the correct prefix. Also if you're mad at team regicide or don't like the game dynamics play something else like Team Infinity Slayer. No need to flame the forums about your frustration. It's not going to solve anything. The whole point was so that everyone contributes. If you don't like that someone out scores you try helping the team. Like assists. Or wingman. Or whatever I don't care but clearly you do. The game is bigger than K/D. I'm not the best but I contribute.

The sooner you're okay with the fact you're not the best or that other people are being acknowledged for their support roles the sooner you can quit crying and go back to enjoying a great game.

You should lose points for deaths, I totally agree with this. Not only on team regicide but on FFA Regicide as well. You get +10 for a kill, so -5 for a death would be okay. I don't think it should go by just straight k/d though. Getting assists and distractions certainly helps the team so those points should count.

I think you meant subtract not detract. I believe that's the correct prefix. Also if you're mad at team regicide or don't like the game dynamics play something else like Team Infinity Slayer. No need to flame the forums about your frustration. It's not going to solve anything. The whole point was so that everyone contributes. If you don't like that someone out scores you try helping the team. Like assists. Or wingman. Or whatever I don't care but clearly you do. The game is bigger than K/D. I'm not the best but I contribute.

The sooner you're okay with the fact you're not the best or that other people are being acknowledged for their support roles the sooner you can quit crying and go back to enjoying a great game.

-_______-

WHOOSH.

This post

-------------

Your head

Someone who goes 15-15 gets a higher score than someone who went 15-10. The first person didn't help their team nearly as much as the second. Thus, the second person should get a higher score. In Team Regicide, once you become King, its really hard to dethrone you as you just get points for standing around and if someone that goes 15-15 is King at the beginning, thats almost impossible to dethrone him. Also, he will almost definitely lose you the game, because the King who went 10-5 just got a ton of more points from sprees and staying alive as King.

I know this may be too difficult for you to understand, but don't give up! If you keep trying really hard maybe you can understand this post!

Detract works in this context also.

• Like 1

Maybe they could make it to where only the King loses points for deaths so that if he dies a lot he gets de-throned quicker and more than likely a better player can take over. The opposite team can get what, like +35pts for killing the king if he's at max bonus? Should make it to where if you die as the king you lose like -10 points, every death. I think this would balance out Team Regicide nicely. It would also give the king a bigger incentivie to try and stay alive.

What do you think?

Maybe they could make it to where only the King loses points for deaths so that if he dies a lot he gets de-throned quicker and more than likely a better player can take over. The opposite team can get what, like +35pts for killing the king if he's at max bonus? Should make it to where if you die as the king you lose like -10 points, every death. I think this would balance out Team Regicide nicely. It would also give the king a bigger incentivie to try and stay alive.

What do you think?

Yes thats fine, and the death would only count against your personal score, not the team's score.

Depends on the gametype.

In FFA slayer for example, your death contributes to someone else's score, but it's just one person's score out of many. So the death suddenly doesn't matter as much as it would if there are only two teams competing.

In objective gametypes your death may have been necessary, it may have even been a selfless and game-changing thing. You might have touched the flag for less than a tenth of a second before you were killed, but you added 30 seconds to the flag's reset timer and gave your team 30 more seconds to win the game.

In team slayer a death is almost as negative as a kill is positive. Different gametypes, different values to kills and deaths. An assist in FFA should hurt your score, because you helped someone else score a point, and no one is on your team, so every assist is a failure on your part to meet your objective.

Get too interested in how things are scored though and you find yourself trying to encourage a certain type of gameplay rather than actually scoring gameplay. For example people argue a death shouldn't be penalized because the point to the other team is consequence enough, and people who think you should play aggressively think assists should always be rewarded - even in FFA where they directly hinder your progress.

The game is BETTER when it allows players to play the way they want, without being pushed in one direction or another. It may be less like the game you want to play, but it's not just for you.

• Like 1

Depends on the gametype.

In FFA slayer for example, your death contributes to someone else's score, but it's just one person's score out of many. So the death suddenly doesn't matter as much as it would if there are only two teams competing.

In objective gametypes your death may have been necessary, it may have even been a selfless and game-changing thing. You might have touched the flag for less than a tenth of a second before you were killed, but you added 30 seconds to the flag's reset timer and gave your team 30 more seconds to win the game.

In team slayer a death is almost as negative as a kill is positive. Different gametypes, different values to kills and deaths. An assist in FFA should hurt your score, because you helped someone else score a point, and no one is on your team, so every assist is a failure on your part to meet your objective.

Get too interested in how things are scored though and you find yourself trying to encourage a certain type of gameplay rather than actually scoring gameplay. For example people argue a death shouldn't be penalized because the point to the other team is consequence enough, and people who think you should play aggressively think assists should always be rewarded - even in FFA where they directly hinder your progress.

The game is BETTER when it allows players to play the way they want, without being pushed in one direction or another. It may be less like the game you want to play, but it's not just for you.

Im sorry, I meant for this to count towards the PERSONAL score. Not the team's score. If you notice, on the scoreboard the score it shows is your personal score, which counts all medals; the TEAMS score only counts kills (I think, Im pretty sure it doesn't count anything else).

Also, this is really only important in Team Regicide where the system gives the king so many medals is hard for him to lose his kingship, even if he is playing poorly.

-_______-

WHOOSH.

This post

-------------

Your head

Someone who goes 15-15 gets a higher score than someone who went 15-10. The first person didn't help their team nearly as much as the second. Thus, the second person should get a higher score. In Team Regicide, once you become King, its really hard to dethrone you as you just get points for standing around and if someone that goes 15-15 is King at the beginning, thats almost impossible to dethrone him. Also, he will almost definitely lose you the game, because the King who went 10-5 just got a ton of more points from sprees and staying alive as King.

I know this may be too difficult for you to understand, but don't give up! If you keep trying really hard maybe you can understand this post!

Detract works in this context also.

Trust me the simplicity of this thread isn't above me. Maybe if you could try and understand simple logic that there are more layers in Halo 4 other than K/D you might understand how to play. But I'm sure you'd rather be rude and keep talking trash, good for you.

Thinking about this, it should really only be added to Team Regicide- not even Regicide FFA or any other playlist.

You have a valid point. I play team regicide and regicide FFA- they're my favorite playlists. On team Regicide it does seem like it takes forever for the king to get de-throned, even if they're sucking. As long as they can get a kill here or there they remain the king even though they're K/D ends up being 50/50 or negative.

If you're bearing the weight of being the king you should be punished for dying even if it means subtracting from the team score. I think I'd rather lose a few points and get a better king because you'd do better in the long run anyway. Besides, with each side losing points here and there it'll make the games last longer and a bit more interesting.

But yeah, Team Regicide is the only place where points should be subtracted and they should only be taken away from the King.

My point was that not all player performance is quantifiable.

Using the example of Team Regicide, you may think your king is terrible because he keeps dying, but maybe he's dying more because he's worth more points, wears a nav point over his head, and everyone on the other team is gunning for him while ignoring you. Maybe your K/D is artificially inflated because you're letting them get by you when they want so that you can just go for kills and leave your king to rot.

Maybe you are playing badly by continually failing to help him out. I'm sure anyone who has played 10 games of Team Regicide has seen this happen, the other team focuses on scoring regicides and your team does nothing to assist or protect your king.

There are plenty of times when you can't save a player who is a bad king, but I know I played a game of Team Regicide where I got most of my team's score in the beginning by slaying a lot as the king, but then when I needed their help for the rest of the game I didn't get it even once. I was stuck outside the buildings in abandon, my team was terrible, and I did my best but the entire enemy team was focused on taking me down. I don't think there's a player in the game who could have won that game with that terrible team. My K/D looked bad, 12-17 I think, but I was the only person on my team with double digit kills. That wasn't my failure.

My only point is that maybe you're missing the point. I like having a good K/D, but it's not the most important stat in every gametype. Regicide is a variation on Slayer, it isn't Slayer.

You know how I think you should punish a bad king? Leave him as the king, because when you have a bad team against a good team and you're the king, your game is going to be an absolute nightmare.

• Like 1

My point was that not all player performance is quantifiable.

Using the example of Team Regicide, you may think your king is terrible because he keeps dying, but maybe he's dying more because he's worth more points, wears a nav point over his head, and everyone on the other team is gunning for him while ignoring you. Maybe your K/D is artificially inflated because you're letting them get by you when they want so that you can just go for kills and leave your king to rot.

Maybe you are playing badly by continually failing to help him out. I'm sure anyone who has played 10 games of Team Regicide has seen this happen, the other team focuses on scoring regicides and your team does nothing to assist or protect your king.

There are plenty of times when you can't save a player who is a bad king, but I know I played a game of Team Regicide where I got most of my team's score in the beginning by slaying a lot as the king, but then when I needed their help for the rest of the game I didn't get it even once. I was stuck outside the buildings in abandon, my team was terrible, and I did my best but the entire enemy team was focused on taking me down. I don't think there's a player in the game who could have won that game with that terrible team. My K/D looked bad, 12-17 I think, but I was the only person on my team with double digit kills. That wasn't my failure.

My only point is that maybe you're missing the point. I like having a good K/D, but it's not the most important stat in every gametype. Regicide is a variation on Slayer, it isn't Slayer.

You know how I think you should punish a bad king? Leave him as the king, because when you have a bad team against a good team and you're the king, your game is going to be an absolute nightmare.

Could not have said it any better. This is what I was trying to say. But not so eloquently.

Trust me the simplicity of this thread isn't above me. Maybe if you could try and understand simple logic that there are more layers in Halo 4 other than K/D you might understand how to play. But I'm sure you'd rather be rude and keep talking trash, good for you.

Says someone with a 1.0 k/d -____-

No... I never go negative... even when I am King.

You can't assist a king that spawns runs into the middle of where the enemies are camping, dies, repeats.

Actually it pretty much is. Only very rarely in objective games can you win with an lesser overall k/d than the enemy team. This isn't an objective game like that though. The winning team will have a higher k/d.

You have no clue what you are talking about. I still haven't lost a game of TR when I am King for most of the time.

Also thats a horrible punishment. Here you are bad! Lets make your entire team lose because of you!

Was there a point to your thread or were you just going to bash anyone who replies to your stupid thread? God forbid that this is the worst I've ever done at a Halo game. But I don't *****. I ask for help and take advice when I get it. Not flame forums and insult anyone with a differing opinion. Way to go there ya ******* *********.

Clearly you're the best and nobody should reply or offer up any advice as to why people with a 1 K/D out score you. : P obviously you're the one with the lessons to learn. I was the idiot who thought you'd be smart enough to pick up what I and other forum members were trying to say.

Lock this thread if for no other reason than he's just arguing for no apparent reason raising absolutely zero differing views, he's just bashing anyone who replies. You must be new here Cortar.

Actually it pretty much is. Only very rarely in objective games can you win with an lesser overall k/d than the enemy team. This isn't an objective game like that though. The winning team will have a higher k/d.

No, k/d is NOT the most important stat. Regicides are the most important stat. The winning team can have a K/D less than the losing team and still win because they focused on regicides.

Also, NO... NOT very rarely can you win in objective games with an overall k/d less than the enemy team. It happens all the time. ALL THE TIME. For example in Dominion. You can have all the kills in the world, but if you don't play objectively you won't win. You can win objective based games without getting 1 kill. The enemy team could have 500 kills. They could still lose.

First of all, there are invisible True Rankings in Halo 4. You are ranked dependent on how well you play in that specific playlist. If a player goes 5-20, he/she is probably having a rough game or you are in a party with some lower level friends who pull in lesser skilled players.

I understand competitive gameplay, I am a competitive gamer myself. But, if you want to be competitive and have good team mates and great communication then I suggest partying up with a full party because not everyone that plays this GAME is here to COMPETE.

LMFAO K/D is the ruination of great games, its an obsession that creates the current camping ideal... So now the poster wants us all to hang back and be afraid of dying.... honestly go play CoD with that mentallity, if a player goes out and gets 20/20 then fair play at least he tried and tbh didn't do too bad.

What you propose will worsen the game and since the gameplay used by players is the worst in any Halo yet I find it sad that it was thought up.

All the K/D monkeys should be banned, they should make a untold line in all maps beyonf the midway between each teams spawn that if a player does not advance beyond they get negative points, make people advance and fight bring back the game we loved.

Seriously how can people be so obsessed with a stupid figure that takes all the fun from the game.

What they should do is bring back friendly fire, make you lose exp. for betrayals/booted and make a loss 1/5 the points of a win. Make it a team game again.

Was there a point to your thread or were you just going to bash anyone who replies to your stupid thread? God forbid that this is the worst I've ever done at a Halo game. But I don't *****. I ask for help and take advice when I get it. Not flame forums and insult anyone with a differing opinion. Way to go there ya ******* *********.

Clearly you're the best and nobody should reply or offer up any advice as to why people with a 1 K/D out score you. : P obviously you're the one with the lessons to learn. I was the idiot who thought you'd be smart enough to pick up what I and other forum members were trying to say.

Lock this thread if for no other reason than he's just arguing for no apparent reason raising absolutely zero differing views, he's just bashing anyone who replies. You must be new here Cortar.

The point of the thread was to have an actual discussion on this. You are the one who started the bashing. Im reporting you for responding to this thread with nothing but hate and flaming.

Are we counting all the games you don't finish? There's a lot of those.

wth are you talking about?

No, k/d is NOT the most important stat. Regicides are the most important stat. The winning team can have a K/D less than the losing team and still win because they focused on regicides.

Also, NO... NOT very rarely can you win in objective games with an overall k/d less than the enemy team. It happens all the time. ALL THE TIME. For example in Dominion. You can have all the kills in the world, but if you don't play objectively you won't win. You can win objective based games without getting 1 kill. The enemy team could have 500 kills. They could still lose.

This is not physically possible. See, in objective games, to cap the objective, you HAVE to kill the enemies otherwise they will just stop, easily. The team that got more kills and less deaths had more time to capture the objective uncontested, so on average, they are the team that wins. Its probably even much more than 50% though, I would venture a guess and put it at LEAST 80% if not more.

There are a few people on here who come here for the sole reason of creating arguments and complaining. Just let it go :)