Thruster Pack

Winterfeuer91

It works, Flood you have a speed boost so you go farther same with regicide. Its not meant to launch you across the map. Even with the range it has now it is still my fave AA. It is amazing for getting to safety when in trouble.

I may not be amazing but I have a 2.48 K/D and I credit some of that to thruster pack saving my butt.

Thruster pack is fine where it is. It's meant for quick dodges and quick steps to avoid situations you normally couldn't avoid. I've been saved COUNTLESS times from it, when they throw grenades at me and the momentum of my spartan would normally prevent me from backing up in time, but i thruster pack out of the way.

It's also good against people trying to snipe you from afar. It's harder to hit people when they thrust. It's the reason I have a class specifically for that. With Stability mod, AA efficiency mod, and thruster pack. just for fire fights lol

Thruster pack is fine where it is. It's meant for quick dodges and quick steps to avoid situations you normally couldn't avoid. I've been saved COUNTLESS times from it, when they throw grenades at me and the momentum of my spartan would normally prevent me from backing up in time, but i thruster pack out of the way.

It's also good against people trying to snipe you from afar. It's harder to hit people when they thrust. It's the reason I have a class specifically for that. With Stability mod, AA efficiency mod, and thruster pack. just for fire fights lol

Just a word of advice, AA E. only saves you 1.5 seconds with the Thruster Pack. Not saying it's a bad idea, but just a heads up. It's not a lot of saved time.

I'm on the fence. Yes, Thruster Pack is still useful and fun. Yes, it could become OP if it was say, doubled.

But using it really does just sometimes leave something to be desired. I get that it can be applied as a close range juke, or long range dodge, but read the description.

"Enables a powerful burst of movement offering the ability to evade or quickly close the gap."

I just... Feel... Like it's a tad too weak. I don't know. Closing the gap with it almost never seem like a good idea. You could easily just sprint instead. Between the cooldown and small range, I really wouldn't call it very quick as far as crossing ground. It's fast as a very small dodge to cover, which is fine. But in general, I just feel that a few extra inches couldn't hurt it. You can't shoot while using it. You're fairly vulnerable when you touch down again.

We already have the highly powerful PV, and the Camo in this game is pretty high tier as well. Making the Thruster Pack qualify as "Really Good" might be healthy for the sandbox. We might see less PV and Camo for a change. And some awesome Thruster plays.

It should be better

So many times have I used it to get behind cover and come just short, I don't want it to be like flood just a few more feet added to its range and it should add on to your momentum. Sometimes I sprint, jump, and use thruster pack thinking it will get me further and it actually covers less distance.

• Like 1

Stop trolling, thats not even funny.

I ment it! Armorlock was absolutley amazing. The energy burst/melee combo got me ALOT of kills. I remember the elite slayer matches when they gave you Needler, armorlock and two stickys. I was just unstoppable with that! Then they ruined it an replaced needler with some gun that was so weak i couldn't hurt a flie. But by that time i was sick of Reach anyways.

It doesn't work the same as in Flood because the Flood's Movement Trait is greater than the human' in the other gametypes, thus allowing the Flood to be projected farther when using the Thruster Pack than a human with normal Movement Traits. I feel the same way though, it is quite pointless in slayer gametypes and such.