The Boltshot. Why its not overpowered.

thelegendofJohn117

Yes the boltshot is a very strong gun when you charge up, and yes it can potentially take down all of your shields or possibly kill you, but really, its not that good. For it to kill you the enemy basically needs to be in melee range and if they miss its quite easy to kill them. Also, why are you allowing people to get this close to you? Just shoot heads and don't let them in so close. Also people say "oh it should be an ordinance drop because its too powerful" no it shouldn't because realistically its only gonna get you 2 or 3 kills. The only people I see getting killed by the boltshop who sit in the back of the map with a DMR or BR who have scopes up and can't see anyone coming.

• Like 3

Yes the boltshot is a very strong gun when you charge up, and yes it can potentially take down all of your shields or possibly kill you, but really, its not that good. For it to kill you the enemy basically needs to be in melee range and if they miss its quite easy to kill them. Also, why are you allowing people to get this close to you? Just shoot heads and don't let them in so close. Also people say "oh it should be an ordinance drop because its too powerful" no it shouldn't because realistically its only gonna get you 2 or 3 kills. The only people I see getting killed by the boltshop who sit in the back of the map with a DMR or BR who have scopes up and can't see anyone coming.

i love you

• Like 1

this, if i have a scatter shot, a shotgun or a sword by no means should your option secondary be able to over power me that easily. Even the pp you would have to beatdown and against sword you lose and shotties will just blow you away at point blank.

All good arguments but I still feel that its way too easy to miss with the boltshot. Notice that "test video" had the guy getting shot standing still, how often are you just gonna be standing still? Show me a comparison video where people actually move around and compare damage, then maybe ill buy it

I think the Boltshot is about right. It is very good (almost too good vs shotguns) but that actually helps balance those weapons on the tighter maps. I think the point of weapon balance in the game is that secondary weapons shouldn't just be there for when your primary runs out. The Plasma pistol gives you the ability to handle vehicles without needing a power weapon. The Boltshots power shot makes it a poor mans close range power weapon. Personally it is the Magnum that feels like it needs something to be worth taking; atm if I choose magnum it only gets used when I run out of primary ammo

All good arguments but I still feel that its way too easy to miss with the boltshot. Notice that "test video" had the guy getting shot standing still, how often are you just gonna be standing still? Show me a comparison video where people actually move around and compare damage, then maybe ill buy it

Thats horrible logic, a weapon isn't balanced because "people move." If so, then the sniper is incredibly UP because "its really hard to hit them because people move" heck all weapons are UP because of your logic!

• Like 1

I've played a fair bit more using the Boltshot since I last commented. I still think it fills a useful niche (stopping the close range power weapons from dominating small maps) but it can seem to get cheap kills at times. I'm finding that I now put much less energy into going for shotgun/scattershot drops because although they are better the improvement over the Boltshot isn't that huge. That said, before the Shotty was one of my must get weapons (along with the binary cannon and stick launcher).

Agreed boltshot is not overpowered the slightest bit. Only good for Close-Quarters.

Agreed boltshot is not overpowered the slightest bit. Only good for Close-Quarters.

( This double quoting thing again?) Your absolutely right about all of the CQB weapons. Congratulations! We now see you know that cqb weapons suck at long range, VERY GOOD! Since all of the other Cqb weapons suck at other ranges, give me another reason why it is balanced