petition to have proper armour colors in invasion (poll)

g00n77

proper colors for invasion? or red vs. blue like slayer?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. should spartan's be green and elites blue or purple?

• hell yes! i want my spartan to look like a spartan not a tonka toy!
    • NO! RED VS. BLUE MUST BE IN EVERY GAMETYPE! DERP!!! DERP!!
    • i dont care
    • allow us to choose any colors we want in invasion

Anyone remember invasion in the beta? the spartans would spawn with their armour different shades of green and the elites purple and red like in sp.

This made alot of sense because the whole point of invasion is to simulate an all out battle between elites and spartans. this is why the gametype has such a heavy use of armour abilities, vehicles, and power weapons.

Red vs blue works good for identifying your team and the enemy team in slayer but its unnessesary in invasion because you are either fighting aliens or humans so its easy to id targets no matter what side you are on, no matter what color they are. its not like this would be a hard thing to implement because like i said this is how it was in the beta and it worked just fine. Even if spartans and elites where the same color it would be easy to tell who is enemy and who is not.

not only does it prevent immersion breaking but it makes the spartans and elites look real cool..red and blue armour looks like plastic and has no place in invasion.

Please 343 do this small change and make invasion immersive again...bungie dropped the ball. the beta was almost perfect and then the game comes out and invasion was red vs. blue like all the other gametypes but for no good reason.

invasion is chaos and IMO is where true spartans go to play. Thank you for taking the time to read and feel free to comment and let me know why you support/dont support this change..

• Like 1

i love playing invasion, i think just for a weekend change the colours and see how its goes, if it dosent work we move on and if its great then thats just awesome

agreed....but it will work....like i said it worked fine in the beta....so i dont see why it would not work now.

Why not have Spartans keeping their Campaign colours, and have Elite colours tied to their character models? So Elite Minors are cobalt, Officers are orange, and Ultras are white? As already stated, the differences between models are sufficient that players won't go around team-killing (accidentally, at any rate), and altering the colours to Campaign style would allow customisation, but retain the feel of an all-out battle.

• Like 1

Why not have Spartans keeping their Campaign colours, and have Elite colours tied to their character models? So Elite Minors are cobalt, Officers are orange, and Ultras are white? As already stated, the differences between models are sufficient that players won't go around team-killing (accidentally, at any rate), and altering the colours to Campaign style would allow customisation, but retain the feel of an all-out battle.

Thats a good idea, i could go for that one

sounds good...anything but pure red and pure blue