Whats With Making The Game So Easy?

Cortar

It started in Reach, and Halo 4 continues this trend of making the game easier and easier...

• Your minimap now tells you a lot more (elevation, vehicle profile, etc)
  • You can spawn with stickies on EVERY map
  • AAs, at least in H3 they were only equipment, and you had to pick them up and they only worked once
  • You can spawn with a mini shotgun
  • You can spawn with a plasma pistol!!!
  • You no longer have to memorize anything (weapon spawns, spawn times, etc)
  • The game tells you where the flag carrier is.....
  • You instantly respawn
  • Power weapons now drop at your feet
  • Vehicles are a lot less durable
  • Grenade indicators, because its sooo hard to know where that grenade went, miright?
  • the list goes on....

Since my first 5 games i realized that Halo 4 is about staying alive 70% of the time lol i get that the game may be easier but with soo many cheap tactics and the quickness of deaths it only makes sense that one must survive and getting the kills in a non-cheap manner is hard. The game being easier is not a wrong thing to say buy its not the best to say due to the fact that its not easier. Its just a cheap tactic game.(noob game mostly)

Its tough sometime with getting used to winning not kills but points, soo many times do i play regicide and play str8 up as clean as i can, no pummel few nades and pure dmr/br, and i get the most kills but i dont win cuz of the point system. Its frustrating.

So to me the game is not easier. Its survival over kills and cheap-tactic game.(For those who try to play Halo in the fashion that its been played back in the day)

And FYI i dont camp. I prefer roaming and losing than sitting back and getting cheap kills.

I get what your saying... but doesn't this make the game HARDER because it is a FPS where the objective is to KILL people, so hence forth staying alive is not as easy as it once was?

Because the objective is to kill, not stay alive. You answered your own question.

Staying alive is easy, I could hide in a corner and probably not die in any match. Its hunting your opponents and trying to kill them that is the challenge.

Because the objective is to kill, not stay alive. You answered your own question.

Staying alive is easy, I could hide in a corner and probably not die in any match. Its hunting your opponents and trying to kill them that is the challenge.

Exactly my point.

Staying alive in this game is tough in the sense that with soo many easily accessible cheap tactics its tough for a person like me who would place these tactics aside and play str8 up without camping, or anything like camo, or jet pack to the highest point. It gets tough to overcome tons of cheap tactics with low health only. Ive been boltshotted soo many times when my opponent is one shot that its frustrating.

So yes its easy for those who embrace cheap tactics for the most part, i still do good.

I go out hunting, pure skill and minimal cheap tactics. While going hunting you besically fighting a double edge sword cuz you can attack go on a killing spree and immediately find yourself dying left and right and pulling comeback kills like crazy. Thats how it is with me.

If i used shotty's and pp and AR and hid behind walls. My k/d would probably be double what it is now.

Multiplayer games, by their very nature, cannot be "easy". Especially Halo.

If you're good, fine. But it's not as if there's some AI you're fighting.

If you're winning all the time, it's possible the truskill hasn't racked you up yet. It will.

Not true. Chess is hard, tic tac toe is easy. Both are multiplayer games. The larger the potential skill gap is, the "harder" the game is. When you reduce the potential gap, then the game gets easier.

we can all agree this is the easyest halo multiplayer out to date. it just caters to all the badkids.. just because its true skill gives us good matchs sometimes it's just so easy :/ i've went +25 using a bolshot ar its sad.

Using those weapons theres no reason you should be going negative anyways. But my argument isnt that its not easy. Its that it gets tough when you avoid using boltshots and use mostly precision weapons and like non-cheap tactics.

By tough im not talking impossible but it feels competitive staying alive fighting people using boltshots and AR's.

ARs are a staple; half of what's actually wrong with the multiplayer is the boltshot and easy sticks, and not the system. Granted, there's an argument to be made against instant respawns in 4v4 and nade indicators, but some of op's quirms are just ignorant. For example, not knowing where the flag carrier is, handicaps people without a headset or team. There's no reason for it, since it doesn't actually increase the skill gap, or have anything to do with it. Same with the radar, since with a good sound system you could tell where they were, but if you were of the unlucky few, it was yet another thing that handicapped you for no reason.

In short, while yes, the multiplayer has to an extent shifted focus off from pure marksmanship and towards teamplay, it's not nearly as dramatic as all that.

we can all agree this is the easyest halo multiplayer out to date. it just caters to all the badkids.

The new DMR is a testament to that statement.

"Oh? A Warthog is raiding my base? *Spawn with DMR*"

"Oh? That guy outgunned me with his BR? *Spawn with DMR*"

"Oh? I cant aim? *Spawn with DMR*"

Derp.

The new DMR is a testament to that statement.

"Oh? A Warthog is raiding my base? *Spawn with DMR*"

"Oh? That guy outgunned me with his BR? *Spawn with DMR*"

"Oh? I cant aim? *Spawn with DMR*"

Derp.

this make my day hahaha

it's because 343 new focus is on the little cod scrubs so they have to dumb down the game for everyone else in halo 5 i exspect no sheilds and recon perk and much more!

In halo 5 UNSC weapons

Assault DMR

Sniper DMR

Rocket DMR

Battle DMR

Detonator DMR

and kill steaks you can call a bunch or crawlers to attack the enemy

Call for a pelican to shotdown your enemies

Call for a massive havoc bomb to win the game

Or maybe you just have to buy MWF4, 5, 6, or black ops 3, 4. before halo 5 comes out

I get what your saying... but doesn't this make the game HARDER because it is a FPS where the objective is to KILL people, so hence forth staying alive is not as easy as it once was?

No. Halo 3 was a lot harder to play than this crap. This game literally is the easier thing right now. They need to start taking out the bull. Instant respawn, killcam, ect.

ARs are a staple; half of what's actually wrong with the multiplayer is the boltshot and easy sticks, and not the system. Granted, there's an argument to be made against instant respawns in 4v4 and nade indicators, but some of op's quirms are just ignorant. For example, not knowing where the flag carrier is, handicaps people without a headset or team. There's no reason for it, since it doesn't actually increase the skill gap, or have anything to do with it. Same with the radar, since with a good sound system you could tell where they were, but if you were of the unlucky few, it was yet another thing that handicapped you for no reason.

In short, while yes, the multiplayer has to an extent shifted focus off from pure marksmanship and towards teamplay, it's not nearly as dramatic as all that.

So you say the H4 moves towards increased teamplay, but right before you acknowledge that the flag carrier change makes so you don't have to communicate with your team?

The radar thing you are dead wrong. So wrong.....

H4 doesn't shift anything to teamplay, there is no need to have map control anymore so there is very little teamplay now. Some, but not nearly as much as in Halos 1-3

Not true. Chess is hard, tic tac toe is easy. Both are multiplayer games. The larger the potential skill gap is, the "harder" the game is. When you reduce the potential gap, then the game gets easier.

Tic Tac Toe, or any other painfully simplistic game where only a handful of outcomes exsist do not apply. Not the point. In Halo 4, just like any other game, you either succeed in killing an enemy, or fail. You win the game, or lose. With an almost unlimited amount of possibilities. If the game is so easy, why aren't people who think it's easy pro?

Because it's all about who you're fighting.