Balance is ruined in halo 4

FishingBuddy

am i the only guy that misses AR battles? everything in matchmaking is long range now. Bungie made halo famous for its balance and now its all screwed up. Sure everyone has the same items in loadouts to choose from, but you are now forced to play the game more cautiously. Everyone has dmr and br making close quarters much more difficiult. The second your shields are down, you are dead. Theres no more pulling s**t out or ur ass when ur shields are down getting that double kill. melee kills and shotgun kills are much more rare. I would really like to see a classic playlist made where everyone has either the AR, SR, or supresser to start with. They should have made the dmr, br, etc. weapons to pick up on the map and then your additional ordinance drops with the power weapons. I still like the game a whole lot, but i think the gameplay balance has taken a turn for the worst

• Like 2

While I don't agree that it's less balanced, I do miss Assault Rifle duels, as they were a lot of fun back in Halo 3. As far as I know you CAN still play without loadouts, but only in Custom Games. I'd definitely like to see some sort of 'Classic' playlist where everyone spawns with Assault Rifles, it's always nice to have alternatives.

am i the only guy that misses AR battles? everything in matchmaking is long range now. Bungie made halo famous for its balance and now its all screwed up. Sure everyone has the same items in loadouts to choose from, but you are now forced to play the game more cautiously. Everyone has dmr and br making close quarters much more difficiult. The second your shields are down, you are dead. Theres no more pulling s**t out or ur ass when ur shields are down getting that double kill. melee kills and shotgun kills are much more rare. I would really like to see a classic playlist made where everyone has either the AR, SR, or supresser to start with. They should have made the dmr, br, etc. weapons to pick up on the map and then your additional ordinance drops with the power weapons. I still like the game a whole lot, but i think the gameplay balance has taken a turn for the worst

I just wrote something very similar on another thread. I don't personally like the AR and prefer the long range combat, but I agree that taking out multiple enemies is very tough now. I find myself running out of ammo right now and hoping someone else happens to be using the same gun as me so I can reload. I don't see why we can't do ordnance drops with weapons available for pick up on the map. I love the DMR/AR combo but with little ammo, I find myself having to go with a BR & DMR for mid/long range combat and I'll try not to get in too close even though that was probably a strength of mine.

While I don't agree that it's less balanced, I do miss Assault Rifle duels, as they were a lot of fun back in Halo 3. As far as I know you CAN still play without loadouts, but only in Custom Games. I'd definitely like to see some sort of 'Classic' playlist where everyone spawns with Assault Rifles, it's always nice to have alternatives.

team slayer pro i think you pick pre set loadouts.

also 343 spent tons of hours balancing the game and every little thing so it is pretty balanced.

I guess by balanced I mean the actual gameplay. No matter the map, small or large the combat is mostly med/far range. By starting everyone out with a long range weapon every map has long range battles. I think everyone should have a mid ranged weapon to start with. What would we all be doing if swords or shotguns were in the starting loadout???

I completely agree with this thread, Halo was perfect for close range with the extremely smooth gameplay. The majority of times I've died is due to long ranged weapons. However, I believe 343 introduced less health to entice COD players as many of them moaned about the length it took to kill someone on Halo.

Whereas the other Halos required tactics and skill, this just requires high levels with tons of camping.

• Like 1

I think that there is a flaw with 343i: They are not loyalists to the Halo Universe, they are trying and trying to grab the attention of other player and want to comfort them, well guess what? There should be a playlist where these new players can go while the rest are solid Halo.

i would have to disagree with this thread. personally i could think of nothing worse than AR starts its boring and lacks any kind of skill at all. i mean when i think back to halo 3 online when you went into any MM 95% of the time AR start would get vetoed for BRs so i would say the majority prefer BR start.

as for close range combat though yea its alot rarer but for me it doesnt matter too much, if anything its slightly better not being killed by shotguns its such a cheap kill

• Like 1

i would have to disagree with this thread. personally i could think of nothing worse than AR starts its boring and lacks any kind of skill at all. i mean when i think back to halo 3 online when you went into any MM 95% of the time AR start would get vetoed for BRs so i would say the majority prefer BR start.

as for close range combat though yea its alot rarer but for me it doesnt matter too much, if anything its slightly better not being killed by shotguns its such a cheap kill

spoken like a true diehard duckhunter. cuz you know, side stepping and ducking while jockeying for headshots is soooooooo rewarding /yawn

Got to agree that the loss of the good old Halo 3 team slayer where everyone kicks off with an AR and it turns into a beat down mayhem has been lost. Maybe if they bring back the likes of guardian it may be revived, I am hoping that they will have some sort of classic playlist in the near future that will have preset weapons for all and we get back to the days of all out war just to get a power weapon (anyone remeber the fight for the rocket launcher on the pit??? Epic stuff)

Still the game has changed so we must get used to it and all in all i have to say its been good so far plenty of pros and cons but none that will break the game for me..

I just miss having a BR/AR combo. In Halo 3 we'd start with an AR and I'd immediately hunt down a BR to have both. I'd use the BR for mid-long range shooting and then if the battle got really close, I'd quickly switch to the AR and mow someone down. I realize that you can still have this combo after level 26 or something in H4 but it almost seems worthless because most battles are fought at long range now. I play a lot of BTB so that's probably part of the problem but I as much as I love making kills from long range, I don't like having a whole game played that way.

Right now all the games I'm playing in BTB are just two teams shooting eachother from across the map. which is very annoying when playing an organized team because you can hit a guy 3-4 times from long range, but he ducks his head behind a base or rock and the his buddy comes in with full health and takes over the battle. That's great teamwork but it's boring. this is why I loved social/ranked playlist. sometimes I felt like being tactical like that and other times I just wanted a chaotic blood bath with no organziation. Lol

I just miss having a BR/AR combo. In Halo 3 we'd start with an AR and I'd immediately hunt down a BR to have both. I'd use the BR for mid-long range shooting and then if the battle got really close, I'd quickly switch to the AR and mow someone down. I realize that you can still have this combo after level 26 or something in H4 but it almost seems worthless because most battles are fought at long range now. I play a lot of BTB so that's probably part of the problem but I as much as I love making kills from long range, I don't like having a whole game played that way.

Right now all the games I'm playing in BTB are just two teams shooting eachother from across the map. which is very annoying when playing an organized team because you can hit a guy 3-4 times from long range, but he ducks his head behind a base or rock and the his buddy comes in with full health and takes over the battle. That's great teamwork but it's boring. this is why I loved social/ranked playlist. sometimes I felt like being tactical like that and other times I just wanted a chaotic blood bath with no organziation. Lol

Ive found dominion can really help a AR brother out...forces a lot of closer range confrontation

• Like 1

I personally think that the maps are the reason balance is off. Close quarters doesn't exist and sprint makes it easy to run away on the 1 small map we have.

I don't count abandon because it is awful. Worst map ever.

Where are the midships and lockouts? Why not guardian?

Beaver Creek or Coagulation WITHOUT a freaking mantis. I would love to see those maps. All of course with weapons on them.

Halo 2 and 3 were awesome because of the maps. Halo 4 has very few maps that I see and have a hard time choosing between two of them.

Here's the problem, though. Everything in terms of acquiring weapons is gone, save for power weapons and grenades as ordinance drops. Change one thing, and it undermines or nullifies another design choice. I do agree that small maps have become somewhat pains to play now that everyone is spamming their DMR's down every hallway,. but it also encourages teams to stay in units when moving about them.

Nonetheless, I Would love to see a more classic style playlist: Having spawning with auto weapons. Maybe even personal ordinance drops have the option of dropping a ranged rifle. I hope it's not too far-fetched to ask for, considering it can be done in Custom games.

I personally think that the maps are the reason balance is off. Close quarters doesn't exist and sprint makes it easy to run away on the 1 small map we have.

Beaver Creek or Coagulation WITHOUT a freaking mantis. I would love to see those maps. All of course with weapons on them.

Halo 2 and 3 were awesome because of the maps. Halo 4 has very few maps that I see and have a hard time choosing between two of them.

honestly i think certain maps lend themselves to certain weapons. if you take a AR to a huge map with vehicles you either gonna stick to cover like a spider to the wall or your gonna be eating dirt.

vice versa maps like haven are close quarter enough that a lot of the times you can make it work.

It also makes the grenades almost pointless. My favorite thing in the world with the old game was to lob a grenade where an opponent was headed and then finish him off with a single headshot. That was my go to move in Halo 2&3. Now we don't get close enough for this to happen. If someone isn't an excellent long range camper shooter, they will have a tough time with Halo 4. I long the long range battles SOMETIMES but not the entire game. We need more guardian types of maps where you can use a variety of guns to be successful. In Guardian I could use anything from a gravity hammer to a sniper rifle.

• Like 1

It also makes the grenades almost pointless. My favorite thing in the world with the old game was to lob a grenade where an opponent was headed and then finish him off with a single headshot. That was my go to move in Halo 2&3.

Grenade indicator kind of ruined that. A very well placed nade will still do the job but it has to be almost perfect.

By the way the weapon I use most is the DMR. It's nice without the bloom. Balanced? Heck no.

if you want a BR/AR loadout use firepower that will allow you to do that.