Stop with the Regicide Challenges.

gunquinn

First post here, no i'm not a troll.

Regicide as a game type is fine, I would have preferred if you included classic FFA as well though, but continually giving us challenges based off of regicides, granted not today's daily, is ridiculous.

To get 18 regicides in a match, which is only technically possible, you have to play regicide badly. Why would you make a weekly challenge that encourages players to play badly?

On a side note, having a feed at the top of the page constantly refreshing while I am trying to create a thread is both annoying and unnecessary.

Thanks for reading.

First post here, no i'm not a troll.

Regicide as a game type is fine, I would have preferred if you included classic FFA as well though, but continually giving us challenges based off of regicides, granted not today's daily, is ridiculous.

To get 18 regicides in a match, which is only technically possible, you have to play regicide badly. Why would you make a weekly challenge that encourages players to play badly?

On a side note, having a feed at the top of the page constantly refreshing while I am trying to create a thread is both annoying and unnecessary.

Thanks for reading.

Yes "technically possible" if you don't ever kill anyone besides the king, you're the only one ever killing the king, the king never goes above the minimum bounty, and after all that you manage to not overtake the king. I'm for difficult challenges, but this one is practically impossible (at least with the 300 score to win).

My challenge the other day bugged somehow. It gave me credit for this, and I thought perhaps you got credit for getting kills while the king. As of last night it was back to being fixed.

You're on the Community Forums. There are no 343i officials on this site and we can't change anything about the playlists.

With that being said, those Regicide challenges aren't impossible to do. My brother got the 18 Regicides in 1 match challenge done earlier.

So i don't mind the Regicide challenges.

there has only been one or two regicide based challenges.

There's two weekly challenges for Regicide as of right now. As far as I can remember, there's the daily for today, and 7 more dailies...? I could be wrong, I've played the game each day since release and I think I remember 7 in total.

Well maybe they are preparing you for something. Consider this, nothing is random and all non-random actions are decided randomly. So conclusion: They preparing use for a 1v1 playlist. It's a pretty logical deduction. Also 1v1 most likely will be ranked when that comes out next year.

We accidentally launched a game of regicide with 6 of us online the other day, forgetting it was only a 6 player game... so we thought why not give the 18 regicide challenge a go, it seeming ludicrously impossible on the face of it.

In order to get 18 in a game you need to kill only the king and no one else... or you'll win on points before hitting 18. Then it turns out the thing is bugged anyway and stops counting at 10. A friend tried the daily 10 in a legitimate game and found that even when going only for the king game after game it is only really ever going to happen in a room full of complete idiots with just one other player as good or better than you to get the kills on.

Doesn't really seem like they have thought some of them through and the reward just isn't worth the effort...