Saw, Binary Rifle, Boltshot..Gtfo

Devon Strate

I Understand this game is trying to add more weapons to the halo arsenal, but the ability to kill a person just by charging it for 3 seconds is ridiculous. Change the damage the bolt shot gives.

Saw- the range is too far, it reaches too far and can kill you from jet pack range.

Binary Rifle- Head shots only to kill, body shots killing you instantly is stupid.

Bring on the Halo Nerds, who contradict the fact that these weapons are indeed OP.

(Someone please move this thread to the Weapons and Vehicles, i made this thread in anger)

• Like 1

Binary rifle has a small clip and when you zoom in it sends a red beam across the map so as everybody knows where you're at.

The bolt shot is the forerunner equivalant to the plasma pistol and it won't kill you in one hit unless you're already weakened, but it will drop your shield. It's the new newbie combo of Halo 4.

Saw is pretty cool but plenty of weapons beat it. Spartan shotty and scatter shot beat it in close quarters and the needler beats it in close to medium, especially medium. I actually hit a guy with the saw in close quarters and he threw up the new shield and then his teammate beat me down before I realized what was going on.

Sounds like you just got pwnt and wanted to come on here and rant. None of the weapons are overpowered, chill.

• Like 2

Binary rifle has a small clip and when you zoom in it sends a read beam across the map so as everybody knows where you're at.

The bolt shot is the forerunner equivalant to the plasma pistol and it won't kill you in one hit unless you're already weakened, but it will drop your shield. It's the new newbie combo of Halo 4.

Saw is pretty cool but plenty of weapons beat it. Spartan shotty and scatter shot beat it in close quarters and the needler beats it in close to medium, especially medium. I actually hit a guy with the saw in close quarters and he threw up the new shield and then his teammate beat me down before I realized what was going on.

Sounds like you just got pwnt and wanted to come on here and rant. None of the weapons are overpowered, chill.

Like i said, Halo Nerds, Bolt shot kills you with full shield, when charged up, i have experienced it on countless occasions. i understand removing your shields but not killing you, its a mini shotgun, i have recorded clips of the bolt shot doing this.

Saw, just come on that gun can kill you in about 3 seconds flat when sprayed at medium range, especially if the person is jumping around with it. Idc about damage, i care about range, it should not hurt me that far away even when tapped.

Binary rifle regardless of the red beam, it does not have time for a person to become at least aware of its presence. Annihilating you without a single chance to even dodge it.

I still say Needler beats Saw at medium range and everybody has sprint now so if you're already at medium range vs. the saw just take off and duck for cover.

I just tested the bolt shot and yeah it can kill from full health but like the previous person stated, you have to be REALLY close. If these weapons weren't like this, then what would they be then? The Binary rifle would't be different from the the UNSC sniper or the Covenant sniper. The bolt shot wouldn't be any different from the plasma pistol either.

Forerunner weapons do have a slight edge if you use them properly. Just like the forerunner's 'light rifle' kills an opponent in 4 hits zoomed in versus 5 hits with the DMR/BR and 7 hits with the Carbine. And the forerunner suppressor can usually win out in close-combat versus the UNSC assault rifle, though I'd take the assult rifle for slightly better medium range effectiveness.

I guess I can kind of see your point but these weapons aren't unfairly balanced, and like I said, they have to do something to differentiate them.

• Like 1

Like i said, Halo Nerds, Bolt shot kills you with full shield, when charged up, i have experienced it on countless occasions. i understand removing your shields but not killing you, its a mini shotgun, i have recorded clips of the bolt shot doing this.

Saw, just come on that gun can kill you in about 3 seconds flat when sprayed at medium range, especially if the person is jumping around with it. Idc about damage, i care about range, it should not hurt me that far away even when tapped.

Binary rifle regardless of the red beam, it does not have time for a person to become at least aware of its presence. Annihilating you without a single chance to even dodge it.

First of all, you really think the Boltshot should only strop shields? Even though you have to charge it, time in perfectly, and shove it in someone's face, in Halo 4? You know, the fastest Halo yet? SO essentially, you want it to be a horrible version of the Plasma Pistol. Which can strip your shields away from a great distance, and can hold the charge for a long time. That makes sense. You realize that in Halo 4, an AR can kill with just 6 bullets plus a melee? Why is that so different than a boltshot that has to be halfway in your maw to kill you.

The Saw can kill you in 3 seconds flat? So can every other weapon in the game. The Saw is a power weapon. It's meant to be powerful. It's weakness comes in dealing with multiple targets. Because it works on a time on target princible, its great against single enemies, but against two or more, it's much less powerful, as it has very little splash/spread, and cannot instantly kill. Why someone would complain about the Saw and not ROCKETS is beyond me.

The Binary Rifle has it's share of disadvantages you forgot to mention. It fires slower. It has a 2 round mag instead of 4. You get less ammo. It gives away your position. It has horrible hip accuracy. That's four disadvantages to the one advantage. And again, it's a POWER weapon.

Even the Incinerator Unreal Tournament gun has it's weaknesses. It can easily miss when fired right past someone. It has one shot. It's easier to kill yourself with it.

You realize that the DMR can kill in roughly two seconds right?

• Like 2

So some guy takes the time to try and explain these weapons with a thought out explanation, and you immediately insult him? That's not very cool of you.
  • Like 1

They are really cheap... everytime I have a Binary Rifle I've gotten a killing spree, never fails. I just don't give away my position until I see someone, then quickly scope in. Boltshot can take out a guy with a rocket, and make that person very very angry lol. And the SAW is especially cheap on Dominion when the opponent has last stand. A guy with a SAW can wreck an assault rifle guy with overshields. Or most other primary weapons for that case.

I Understand this game is trying to add more weapons to the halo arsenal, but the ability to kill a person just by charging it for 3 seconds is ridiculous. Change the damage the bolt shot gives.

Saw- the range is too far, it reaches too far and can kill you from jet pack range.

Binary Rifle- Head shots only to kill, body shots killing you instantly is stupid.

Bolt shot - It's a wapon that makes you pick them out a log distance when facing them, they can be some buggers when they run up close to you on legendary, but it's supposed to be difficult?

Saw - a nice big clip, never gotten killed by it, really nice for grunt hunting.

Binary Rifle - yeah, I totally hate those knigts, but I find ways to get past them, even on legendary solo.

My point is that I think these wapons where made primarily with the campain in mind. Im shocked you did not mention the Incineration cannon to your list. And I don't se the problem, learn to use the wapons instead of whining about getting killed.

Saw - It's fine I agree with the person that said it's a power weapon and it doesn't bother me at all.

Binary Rifle - Once again, this one is fine, it's rare to see someone get it and the laser makes everyone know where your at, so it's balanced IMO.

Bolt shot - I could not express how much i hate this gun. The gun does NOT bring down your shields up close, It KILLS you in one charge. It brings down your shields a little farther away. This gun needs to be taken out of being a weapon of choice for secondary. Anyone who says "You can easily find a way past it" Are you stupid? How can you get away from it if people are corner camping with it and charging it up to blast someone to death. I'd never thought i'd see more corner camping in halo than with that boltshot everyone uses now. Its ridiculous.

Bring on the Halo Nerds, who contradict the fact that these weapons are indeed OP.

(Someone please move this thread to the Weapons and Vehicles, i made this thread in anger)

I love Halo and I agree with you, but you left out one gun. They need to balance the DMR so badly some kid spawn killed me on Solace across the map with a 5 shot spam without scope. The darn thing is stressing me to the point beyond belief. They need to make it more of a skill weapon or high risk high reward. The fact that the thing can dominate a BR up close and contend with a sniper at range is ridiculous. If it is a "marksman weapon" it should not:

• Have such a high rate of fire
  • should have a decent amount of bloom (Reach was way too huge, but 4 is just way too small, it's practically just for kicks because even with full bloom you have a 90% chance of landing a headshot.)
  • be able to contend with the carbine and BR at their respective ranges

That being said here's how they could or should fix it!

• More bloom/slower rate of fire to discourage spamming
  • smaller magazine capacity so you don't have enough ammo to drop 2 people and completely unshield another
  • to counteract these changes to the slower kill time, maybe give it bleedthrough?
  • Remove hitscan from the dmr

OR

• Buff the BR to a 4 shot kill and help the carbine out since they're already pretty much worthless beyond mid range and therefore wouldnt overpower the DMR at its range
  • Remove the spread of the BR since you have to rely on every bullet hitting to have a chance
  • considering the fact I think the dmr is an abomination of a weapoon and in no way embodies the fast paced, up close spirit of halo, just drop the thing
  • Make it a pickup weapon
  • Make it take a while to unlock, getting it at level 5 is just ridiculous...

As for your points I agree the SAW's "spread" is laughable and it has a monsterously large magazine

Bolt shot also should not even be a starting weapon/ get rid of the alt. fire or weaken it, spawing with a shotgun isn't fair ESPECIALLY WHEN PAIRED WITH THE DMR!

The binary rifle I do not really have a problem with considering it only has two shots and the three obnoxious lasers coming from it.

My only problem with the guns is that they are WAY TOO COMMON TO STUMBLE UPON IN INFINITY SLAYER AND DOMINION!

The only weapon that seems to be OP would be the Incineration Cannon, even with that it's called a "Power Weapon" for a reason, and same goes with the Saw and Binary Rifle (although the Binary Rifle seems to be a tad bit unfair on Ragnorock when you have map control). The Bolt Shot is fine, it's just easy to employ 'cheap' tactics with it.

The problem with all these power weapons is the ordinance drop feature. Its not just that they are overpowerd its that any player can get them whereas in real halo power weapons have spawn locations and times that can be controlled so that bad halo players cant get them and get cheap kills. That bolt shot thing is a joke though, players shouldnt spawn with mini shotguns, so noob. But whatever lets just take skill out of halo all together

That bolt shot thing is a joke though, players shouldnt spawn with mini shotguns, so noob. But whatever lets just take skill out of halo all together

Definitely agree with that part. The boltshot might not be op, but it's definitely overpowered for a secondary weapon, available at each spawn. And IMO, they should add bloom back into the game. Yea, Reach's bloom, everyone's biggest pet peeve. Sorry the game took a lil bit of skill and patience.

The problem with all these power weapons is the ordinance drop feature. Its not just that they are overpowerd its that any player can get them whereas in real halo power weapons have spawn locations and times that can be controlled so that bad halo players cant get them and get cheap kills. That bolt shot thing is a joke though, players shouldnt spawn with mini shotguns, so noob. But whatever lets just take skill out of halo all together

a real skillful player wouldnt say this

why?

cuz your idea of what is real halo is a win more scenario. the good player knows how to control the map, he gets the best weapons and PWNS more, making it unfun at best for the "noobs". now i dont have much on whether ordnance is a good and /or balance system. but the old one obviously wasnt.

Binary rifle has a small clip and when you zoom in it sends a red beam across the map so as everybody knows where you're at.

This. Too much complaining on these forums.