Bring Back The 1-50 Ranking System

Glink

9 members have voted

1. 1. Should 343 bring back the 1-50 ranking system or something very similar to it?

• Yes, 343 should bring back the 1-50 ranking system or something similar.
    • No, 343 should not bring back the 1-50 ranking system.

NOTE: 1-50 Ranking system would be separate from the SR system and would only apply to ranked games.

It seems to me that the most popular, competitive, and comprehensive ranking system Halo has put fourth has been the 1-50 rankings in Halo 2 and Halo 3. This system allowed you to progress in ranks for every 5 levels you achieved. The higher level you were the hgiher skill you had. While the system was basic and I believe could be improved upon, its concept is very good and 343 could add to it.

The system Halo: Reach tried out with the "arena" and ratings weren't very competitive. The ratings system was complicated, confusing, and was never taken nearly as serious as the 1-50 system was.

That is why I believe the 1-50 style system should be brought back. Again, some changes can be made such as having no level cap so that there is always competition, but overall the basic concept should be the same. That is, a system in which you gain levels and ranks based on the games you win and possibly how well you do individually.

I would love to see the 1-50 system back, it would need some editing to fix dereankers and such.

I think a lot of the incentive for people to derank was because they had hit 50 and were simply bored of sitting there. Having no cap would ensure competition would continue and would keep things interesting.

I wouldn't like to see that ranking system again. It encouraged people to cheat to get the rank and buy accounts. I'm fine with no ranking system at all besides what is currently in place. That rank system in Halo 3 made me have false hopes that if I had another 50 rank person on my team or at least a 45+ then they'd be pretty good only to find them score less then someone rank 30 or below. So I'm fine with there being no ranking system. Now if they wanted to make a whole separate playlist for ranked type matches and have that rank not have effect on anything then I'd be fine with that.

It's truly simple. H3 had it right. If you want to play a game for fun play social. Which is exactly what this system currently is in H4. Not completely knocking the system. I agree with the armor and gun/weapon upgrades. That part of the game makes it interesting. However, I'd rather play with people that are MY SKILL LEVEL. Albiet that I'm nowhere near the greatest halo player nor the worst but thats what makes it frustrating. That I'm stuck in matches where i'm either completely overpowered or rolling through nubes like i'm a pro. I don't need the mix. I need it to be competetive for competitions sake. Just like i need social ... so that I can play around....have fun and throw stickies everytime. Give the people a choice! Let me choose...not only the playlist...but the style I want to play. Does this not make everyone happy? I can feel the digression of the game as well as the de-evolution of society when I read the message boards.

at least give me a choice. Seriously...

I don't want to end up playing Cod instead again. those games suck

I'm quite alright without the 1-50 system... I don't know... I used to love it, it made sense back in Halo 2 and 3, but for me one of the great appeals to Halo 4 this time around is just, in a way, being able to play it. It's all a load of fun, no matter what you're doing in it. Play the game, win some lose some, not worry about going up or down in rank.

I guess a side note would be this is one of the few games I've been able to play with literally every friend I have, whenever anyone is on. Not saying I'm the best ever, but I play a lot with a select friends who also have as much time as me. So eventually we would get to the 45+ levels, then my other friends come online and want to just play normal Slayer, and then it becomes: well... we could... but they're a 20 so they don't have any fun playing against others who are 45+. I know there are always the Unranked lists, and as long as they're there than I guess my opinion is moot lol... but I really feel like the greatest appeal to Halo 4 is that every single aspect of it is for fun, not for "IM THE BEST HA". Just my opinion of course...