Players online collapsing........down 50% since opening day.

littletunny

In fairness, it depends VERY heavily on what time of day you're playing. I've seen as few as 13,000 people in Infinity Slayer over the past few days, and as high as 15,0000. All that changed was it got later into the evening, as more players from the Americas came online.

I have to admit, what i have seen from my FL today is pretty alarming, i built my FL off of Halo..so 90% of my friends list are Halo players..but today i was the only one playing Halo 0.o one friend of mine said he prefered BO2..and he has always been a major Halo fanboy

lol I sent a message to all friends saying that if I see any of them playing BLOPS, they would be promptly deleted. Not that I actually think they care but several have been knocked off already.

Number are always higher on day one, but they will be maintained as it's a solid game; plus you have to factor in the christmas boost as a number of younger players are waiting on their parents to buy them the game - also everyone has difference preferences just because another shooter game comes out doesn't mean everyone will ditch this one. If a lemonade stand starts selling orange juice as well some people will stick with lemonade because they prefer it.

Halo 4 was a big disappointment. The day after I beat the campaign on legendary I received Portal 2 in the mail from Gamefly and I've had more fun playing that than war games. After watching a few videos of nuketown gameplay from BO2, as well as nuketown zombies, I can safely assume I'll have more fun playing CoD than Halo this year. I understand that its the same **** every year with CoD but Halo isn't appealing to me at all. Custom games were what I looked forward to the most and since 343 ****** up by not adding bigger forge maps I won't be forging any good maps this year liked I used to for Halo: Reach. I would literally spend days creating racetracks and mini games, as well as recreations and I even posted a few up on forgehub.

343 did a great job on war games but.. its just not fun. Neither is CoD multiplayer, but at least BO2 has zombies. Stale multiplayer + small forge maps = no replay value while stale multiplayer + zombies = replay value

The biggest problem with Halo 4 ATM is lag dampening, its pretty much cutting the whole of Europe, Australia and new Zealand out of match making. Halo 4 is an amazing game, one of my all time favorites, but this is some serious game breaking stuff when the above mentioned can not play match making on a "relatively" (never gonna be perfect) even playing field.

My friends and i (12 of us) have reluctantly decided to give BLOPS2 a try, which i'm pretty gutted about. I love matchmaking and like to be competitive, unfortunately (ATM) Halo 4 can not offer anyone outside of america that opportunity.

frankly i have never had more issues with a damn game before in my life except for mouse trap when i was 4 and that game didnt have all the pieces.

i love the game play for H4 but seriously..... the servers shut down on me every second game and none of my other games are affected like this.

no double team???? wtf!!! 343 has a lot of work to do and till things chaNGE IM JUST About done.

I live in the UK and have yet to have a single problem with lag

Not to sound like a pretentious moron but that to me says your connection might not be that great.

You see lag dampening helps people with poor connections and punishes those with good connections, its designed to level the playing field to eliminate host advantage. Its great in theory but atm in Halo 4 it's a nightmare, it will take me 7-8 shots with a br to kill someone with a poor connection as the 1-2 second lag means the first few shots won't register.

i pay £30 a month for 100 mbps, of which i get ~98mbps downlaod and 10mbps upload (overkill for online gaming but great for streaming). I pay that for a smooth online gaming experience, which was great back in the days off MW and halo 2-3 but im getting punished for it now. Thankfully 343i is aware of this for non regional players and looking for a fix (if one exists ofc).

UPDATE: 17/11/2012 14:54

Just tested this and connected via WiFi instead of cable (my WiFi connection is pretty bad as my console is so far away from the router) and my online experience is now amazing. I think we can all agree that's totally ridiculous.