Swat and other gametypes

Haifisch

Just got on Halo 4 for a few games of Swat and I have to say thus far I am loving the feeling of playing this playlist again with the weapon it was designed to be played with (BR)..

I have only have about 10 game so far and have been enjoying the majority only one problem I have come across so far is the campers but hopefully they will soon realize that camping in Swat is not how to go about winning the game..

I would like to hear peoples views on this new playlist and any other playlists they would like to see added in the future to Halo 4.. I myself would love it if the bring in Team Snipers MLG and Lonewolves ..

• Like 1

I love SWAT on H4. I do have to switch up my weapon based on the map. On Haven I use the BR but on something like Complex I use the DMR. The instant respawn isn't nearly as much of a problem as I thought it would be. Although, I did manage to kill a guy, die and respawn and manage to kill another giving me a double kill, which was funny.

• Like 1

I love SWAT on H4. I do have to switch up my weapon based on the map. On Haven I use the BR but on something like Complex I use the DMR. The instant respawn isn't nearly as much of a problem as I thought it would be. Although, I did manage to kill a guy, die and respawn and manage to kill another giving me a double kill, which was funny.

I did switch to a DMR for a little bit on Complex but I soon reverted to the Br ... I have already notched up about 4/5 Overkills and a couple of Killtacks too .. I do enjoy a good game of Swat and this just seems so far to feel right ....

Just need some more Maps now ..

• Like 1

First of all I would like to state that I am not a whinging troll and I think 343 have done a great job overall. However, I think the following tweaks/changes could improve the multiplayer:

1) Combine 'CTF', 'King of the Hill', 'Oddball' (and possibly others?) into the one playlist, 'Team Objective'. I think this would force people to play (and more importantly enjoy!) game types that they would never normally bother with. Also, the community isnt what it used to be with only a relatively small amount of people playing each of the said game types, combining the lot would likely result in a respectable number of people playing in this 'Team Objective' playlist.

2) Get rid of KILLCAM. It doesnt work properly half the time due to lag/ping issues, it probably uses up bandwidth and/or processing power AND it gives away enemy positions.

3) Get rid of weapon location markups on the HUD. The location and presence of a weapon should be left down to a players knowledge of the map and a players awareness (is anyone else currently using that weapon, when did you last see it used etc).

4) Get rid of player selected loadouts and force all players to start with the same weapon. Scatter weapons around the map in strategic positions (NOT RANDOM). This will level the playing field and also encourage people to use weapons they wouldnt normally bother with. It also encourages map control strategies to develop (for example, controlling the rocket launcher spawn).

5) Get rid of Killstreak rewards. deathstreak and 'team assist'?? streaks can stay if they must!

I think its lame the way some of the above have obviously been thrown in 'because COD has it'. The game is more than good enough to pave its own path.

Does anyone know if any 343 employees actually read these forums?

First of all I would like to state that I am not a whinging troll and I think 343 have done a great job overall. However, I think the following tweaks/changes could improve the multiplayer:

1) Combine 'CTF', 'King of the Hill', 'Oddball' (and possibly others?) into the one playlist, 'Team Objective'. I think this would force people to play (and more importantly enjoy!) game types that they would never normally bother with. Also, the community isnt what it used to be with only a relatively small amount of people playing each of the said game types, combining the lot would likely result in a respectable number of people playing in this 'Team Objective' playlist.

2) Get rid of KILLCAM. It doesnt work properly half the time due to lag/ping issues, it probably uses up bandwidth and/or processing power AND it gives away enemy positions.

3) Get rid of weapon location markups on the HUD. The location and presence of a weapon should be left down to a players knowledge of the map and a players awareness (is anyone else currently using that weapon, when did you last see it used etc).

4) Get rid of player selected loadouts and force all players to start with the same weapon. Scatter weapons around the map in strategic positions (NOT RANDOM). This will level the playing field and also encourage people to use weapons they wouldnt normally bother with. It also encourages map control strategies to develop (for example, controlling the rocket launcher spawn).

5) Get rid of Killstreak rewards. deathstreak and 'team assist'?? streaks can stay if they must!

I think its lame the way some of the above have obviously been thrown in 'because COD has it'. The game is more than good enough to pave its own path.

Does anyone know if any 343 employees actually read these forums?

What uh..what does this have to do with SWAT?