Petition for additon of a Forge World map

your_dog

Note: I have another copy of this petition on the Halo 4 forge subforum, I don't know where this goes.

Hello there this is a petition for a remake/port of the Halo Reach map Forge world.

Like many others in this sub-thread I am disappointed there is no large scale maps in forge. 343i you have done a great job in making halo 4 but underestimated on something, that is a large scale map like forge world. Forge world was a awesome map without boundaries on what to do, but with halo 4 I am dissapointed in the sizes of the forge maps. They are Waaaaaaaay too small! If you truly listen to the community then you should listen to this concern as it will make many veteran fans happy as it will allow us to make epic ass maps again :thumbsup: .

HOW WILL IT BE IMPLEMENTED?

It should be released as a DLC, preferably for free since it should of been in the original game. If not make it cheap :turned:.

HOW DO I SUPPORT THIS?

Keep this thread alive for 343 for to see and by posting in this on how you agree with me.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is a perfect example of people that dont know what they are talking about asking for something they want.

Forge world would be WAY too large for Halo 4's graphics on the 360. Its pushing the limits already with the maps that it has.

I enjoy the 3 types of environments over forge world anyway. At least now we have some color.

Well most people don't take those things into account and I don't I just think a larger scale flat map would be brilliant I remade avalanche on reach and it got a few thousand downloads would be nice to get a forgeworld but if we don't sure people will get over it eventually.

This is a perfect example of people that dont know what they are talking about asking for something they want.

Forge world would be WAY too large for Halo 4's graphics on the 360. Its pushing the limits already with the maps that it has.

I enjoy the 3 types of environments over forge world anyway. At least now we have some color.

Have you played the campaign yet

I think the 360 can handle forge world ;)

They really need to bring Forge World back. It's just bullcrap that instead of having the one HUGE map that we all made extraordinary things on, they give us three tiny maps that aren't very functional for the imagination to work with. I'd rather play Halo Reach if only for the Forge World, than play Halo 4's forge any longer. By giving us these 'limited' maps, they're limiting the potential that our new maps can aspire to. BRING BACK FORGE WORLD 343!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Can they afford it though? I mean they already have to pay money for all those servers in the Halo franchise + everything else that they are going to make in Halo 5 (and Halo 6 I think). I would love to see this implemented or at least have more/bigger forge maps.

Can they afford it though? I mean they already have to pay money for all those servers in the Halo franchise + everything else that they are going to make in Halo 5 (and Halo 6 I think). I would love to see this implemented or at least have more/bigger forge maps.

343i gets its funding from microsoft, seeing as microsoft own halo, xbox, and windows. I am going to assume they can afford to add forge world to halo 4

• 2 months later...

The adaptability of alot of today's top forgers shadows everyone else's needs for a universally "good" forge map. I haven't had an extreme issue with the canvas's we were given, however, I think 343 gave us too much. In Reach, we could make maps that transformed the landscape enough so as a player playing a map for the first time, you didn't even recognize what part of Forge World it had been in. However, in H4, every map we forge on has distinct elements (such as the metal sidewalls in Ravine) that dampen alot of creativity because we are forced to work around the map, instead of the map working for us. Again, it is a challenge, and alot of people can adapt, but that's not really what forge is about. Forge was created for us to create maps how WE see them. The map is only supposed to be a guideline, not what your map should be based on due to the enviroment around it. Granted, some maps use the enviroment, but it shouldn't be the thing that has to change US.