Dear 343... Please Do This!

shawnk9512

I was playing the Halo 3 campaign the other day, and I realized something. In the first cut scene, the chief survives the fall from the forerunner dreadnaught because his armor is "Locked up". This made me think of, in my opinion, a better way to utilize Armor Lock in Reach, without being as unfair to players who pick other Armor Abilities.

First of, I would make Armor Lock last a half of a second after it is activated. This makes it more strategic, as it would only be able to deflect a single rocket or a single sniper bullet, or timed just right as a ghost or warthog charges the user. No more could someone activate Armor lock to hold out for a few seconds in a AR or DMR fight, slowing down gameplay.

But fans of Armor Lock may say "Now its not good enough! Whats the point of picking it?". Well, the Idea I acquired from the Halo 3 campaign is that Armor Lock could be used to save users from death by falling. I suggest that if the user times it right, before impact on the ground, Armor Lock could drain the player's shields to help them escape their falling demise.

Imagine: Escape a nearly destroyed banshee, or a jump off a poorly piloted falcon. Use Armor Lock as the chief did!

I'm hoping 343 will see this and put it in the title update if possible. What do you all think of this idea?

Thanks!

I think people should realize that it's not overpowered. It can be annoying when you melee, only to get EMPed; but that's really the only thing I have a problem with. Armour Lock is fine as it is, though I think having to remain locked when you activate it would also be fine. It does not last too long (about 5 seconds max), and you can only activate it about two times before a recharge is required.

• 3 weeks later...