Xp Cap Petition

CorkyOutkast

189 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want the XP cap gone?

• Yes
    • No

People are going to boost no matter what you do. You must not have played Halo 3 I take it? Look at their ranking system compared to this garbage. People who were boosting in Halo 3 were rank reset. I am playing for skill, I am far from a casual player. and in Halo 3 you had to be good to achieve a level 50 not like this garbage. It makes me not want to play it because it is a cheap way to keep some players playing. You realize how long it would take to rank to the highest rank with this garbage? A LOOOOOONNNNNNGGGGG TIME.

Just like to point out, you did not need much skill to reach level 50 in Halo 3. You only needed a little skill in Halo 2 after they updated ranks and made it super easy to level.

I'm neutral on this topic because xp progression means nothing. Plus, even if you are getting capped every day, then that pretty much means you're as high as you can possibly get, so you're still arguably in a virtual tie for #1 in the world in terms of progression.

I have a feeling that once the actual ranking system is rolled out is when the xp cap will be lifted. If an xp cap prevents you from continuing to play H4, then you're basically asking for this franchise to just rename itself CoD: Halo.

Again, I could care less if there is or is not a cap.

I completely agree with the point that the H3 ranking system was superior. You actually had to have some skill to rank up, but now, it's just feels like mindless of hours of crap to level up just like COD. People say, "I play casually, and don't think that a ranking system is fair". The easy solution is that since you more than likely are not as good, you will not achieve the highest rank and they can also have social game types along the ranked ones. While in Halo 4, it is much easier to blend players of different skill levels together, from amazing to terrible players which bores me. Please update and bring a real ranking system. You can still add the same game types for social game types of course.

Frozty

Just like to point out, you did not need much skill to reach level 50 in Halo 3. You only needed a little skill in Halo 2 after they updated ranks and made it super easy to level.

Everything is relative. I myself only ever got to 42 on my current account. Could be that I suck but I smash the majority of players I meet. Could be that I am above average and the majority of people online really are just that bad and you are just that much better than myself...

This xp cap sucks! I cant play matchmaking and earn xp anymore. At least make it so i dont use my double xp when i play not even earning xp! If i want to sit and play for hours let me, I am in the army and i only get to play so much so i can barely level my guy due to the stupid xp cap! Thank god Black Ops 2 is being released at midnight. Good bye to Halo 4 for a while!

Also, bring Bungie back! Halo without Bungie is crap!

Started playing today at around 5pm, it is now 11:28. Me and another friend did the new Spartan Ops chapter then started challenge-hunting. We then switched to multiplayer, where we started rocking big-team slayer... and I hit the xp cap.

I've always played Halo for the fun of it, but when you add a system like this it becomes addicting. You want to be rewarded, you FEEL rewarded for doing good, finishing challenges, getting those damn commendations. I WANT to finish all the commendations, that's just how I am, same as I want all the achievements. Isn't that why they are there? To make us WANT them?

So what is the point if I'm not getting anything out of it? Sure I'll be having fun in the game itself, but then once the match is over I'll feel cheated out of my reward.

When I bought Halo 4 I had no idea everything was unlockable due to rank. It's not the reason I bought the game. But they made it this way. And yes, the RPG fiend in me wants to unlock as many armor sets as possible, even if I barely ever change it. I don't boost, I just play the way the game was intended.

It's not game-changing to be of a higher level, so what is the issue? I've never heard of a game doing this before, and it is quite frankly baffling. Call it XP and level, and some of us who are RPG fiends get addicted for more than just the fun of the gameplay. We want to level up and unlock things. It is a valid way to get people hooked on gaming, and it works. But don't go punishing us for seeking completion! I will now be hesitant to finish challenges thinking I will hit the cap, which seems quite low in my opinion.

I wasn't even using double xp today!

I... honestly don't see the point of playing anymore today. Fortunately it's close to midnight, but now I'll be hesitant to play for too long thinking I'll hit that damn cap again.

Just seems detrimental to the game.

I really want this XP Cap gone.

Its crap...its flawed, I played 5 matches and got roughly 10,000 XP and the game tells me Im capped out??? I just got home from a weekend away and this is the crap I run into!

So I wanted to play with friends so I continued thinking hell its 9:30.....midnight is a new day.

Well during the few hours I played with my friends I managed to unlock several challenges 7 or 8 I think.

One of which was worth 4000 XP and I was pissed cause I wasnt getting any XP including my challenge XP.

BUT my buddy told me dont worry when you account goes active again, you'll get all the challenge XP cause it stacks up and waits. Well as soon as I started earning XP again online after midnight, I didnt see any XP come my way from those challenges.

So i got royally bend over and screwed in the hoop by 343!! out of I figure...6000-8000 XP

Im confused??? Your capped out? What is your SR rating? Where does it cap out at???

XP limit should be gone or raised. When I played halo 3 I at least had a chance to go up in rank or down in rank, thats how it kept people playing game after game. When you take all aspects, of doing anything in multiplayer, away from the player thats when you lose interest in playing. People are going to reach that plato of being the highest rank regardless, why just postpone the inevitable.

the cap is 75k right? that's what i read somewhere anyways..how are you all possibly hitting this cap in such a short time? i have not hit that cap once yet..granted i probably don't have as much time to play as you guys do but if you can get 75k in just a couple hours..then you could essentialy have your base 50 and all specs to 10 within a week...kind of makes me understand why the cap is there in the first place.

so yeah that's a no from me

I did play Halo 3. I am aware of how its ranking system worked and agree with you on it being superior to this progression system. Id much rather get a rank based on how well I play rather than how much I play. What I am getting at is, why do you care so much? Since rank in this game means nothing, why are you so hung up on getting all the XP you can and ranking up so high?

I am going to go out on a limb and assume you are actually talking about Halo 4s progression system ranking rather than an xp cap, yes? Your last comment sounded like you want a 1-50 put back into play (I do too) but the thread title and your first post make it sound like you are unhappy with an arbitrary cap on xp that you claim in in effect. You bash the progression system for being inferior to the 1-50 yet are mad that you cant run through said prog. system faster.... I dont quite understand what it is you want.

Personally, I don't really care what the little number beside of my name says. If I'm better than another player (assuming the lag gods don't intervene) I'm going to beat them. What bothers me is that because of this cap, it is taking me exponentially longer to get all of the armors that I desire, not to mention the specializations that I can't get close to due to the fact that after 3 hours of play, I've hit the limit.

I think the XP Cap was in place because 343 made ranking up waaaay to easy in H4. Therefore, people are punished for playing a game they like too much. I really see the XP Cap as a lose for H4, they did lose a few to BLOPS2 because of it. They need to immediately remove it OR extend the cap.

Just chiming in. I didnt realize the xp cap even existed until tonight, and after being hit with it, Im shutting down halo and playing something else too. I could of and would of been playing all night, and had planned to have some hype weekends like that in the future too, as I dont get to play much during week.. I know reach had lmiits too but, I dont think as low as this is.. All I know for sure is I never hit it, and had some long days playing then too.

edit: not only does it limit you, but whatever the remainder of xp gained in match you reach limit on is lost too. I got like 8k from a spartan op chapter done online, and with double xp, but was only credited less than 1k. So it basically wasted my double xp match too...

This kinda **** could seriously turn what would of been weeks and weeks of playing, into me returning the game for store credit, and more carefully evaluating future halo purchases.

Made an account here just to look for a petition or complain about the XP cap.

I finally have a weekend off work and bought some double XP Dew/Doritos, and I can't even enjoy it cause of the cap.

Who cares if people boost? It's going to happen regardless. Also, if people hit the cap, chances are most people will stop playing so they're not unlocking commendations and wasting all that extra XP.

Take it off!!