Assault Rifle bit weak

kieran1

I've never played a Halo game ever. Halo 4 changed that. I've been trying out different weapons and kind of like the assault rifle, but find it not that strong. Can fire so many bullets at my opponent, and yet my opponent just fires not so accurate 1 or 3 shots at me i die. Kind of sucks this usually happens when my opponent is using a DMR.

Its annoying every opponent seems to use the DMR as well.

the assault rifle is bestowed at closer ranges, if you are being beaten by a dmr, then the longer distance of the dmr, gives them the advantage

i lose more to the DMR up close than from distances. It just seems to me a bit overpowered. Often put 20 bullets into my opponent he takes it and just hits me with 1 or 2 shots, i am dead.

Kind of frustrating. I prefer if the Assault rifle had less bullets and just a bit more powerful.

the assault rifle has always been the worst weapon in the game, ( except halo 2 which it wasn't in)

the reason for this is because a bullet to the chest does like 1/10 the damage of a bullet to the head, you die to DMR because a few headshots kill you, when 30 AR shots to the chest won't kill you.

what you could do is change your pistol to the plasma pistol then quick switch to the AR once their shields are down, as human weapons do lots of damage to non-shielded targets.

You're probably too easy to hit, do you run straight at them? Strafe and use the AR, if you use it correctly and avoid the shots enough you will win 7/10. The more you recklessly shoot the AR the less accurate it gets, so if you try a different tactic like burst shooting it might help? I'm not sure, but according to the Strategy Guide the Storm Rifle is one of the better close range rifles.