Halo 4 Complaint List....

littletunny

My one problem is that even if you are highly skilled with the BR, someone mediocre can out shoot you with the DMR. Bloom needs to be increased, seeing how the fire rate is slightly faster with the DMR, and just aiming in general. I mean I've been shot by someone with that thing, and the reticle wasn't even on me.

Plus idk if anyone else has this problem, but I cannot browse files. I've been wanting to look for the MLG settings, and alas it will not bring any files.

I hear you on the DMR im getting 10+ headshots a game and I know im not really actually getting a headshot, the DMR makes using any other weapon pointless unless you are up close.

im enjoying the game.

So you liked the ending with that so called battle?

There are many problems with Halo 4, and i think the biggest one is that there is not enough health after your shields go down. In past Halos, it took five body shots or more to kill somebody after their shields went down, now it only takes two or three (that is, with a dmr or br). This makes the gameplay very similar to Call of Duty because whoever is the first to shoot is the one who will get the kill, while in past Halos, they did a good jod of seperating the skilled players from the non-skilled players because it was more based on your acuracy and skill, because you needed that last headshot once their shields went down to pick up the kill. It takes no skill to pick up a kill and thats because it doesnt matter where you shoot. I WANT MORE HEALTH AFTER YOUR SHIELDS GO DOWN, MAKE HALO A SKILLFUL GAME AGAIN< REWARD PEOPLE FOR ACURACY AND SKILL< NOT FOR WHO SHOOTS FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

I just have 1 complaint. The God damn run / sprint button has been moved on Recon button configuration. I don't understand this. I played for years on Halo Reach with Recon. I don't think I want to embarrass myself any longer in multiplayer until the problem is fixed. Whoever decided to change the button layout is a sick, sick person that probably likes seeing people fumble around with controls. PUT IT BACK THE WAY IS WAS PLEASE!!!

Thankful??????Microsoft and 343 made a killing off of releasing a sub par game that just didnt stand up. The product is unfinished sometimes in matchmaking ill spawn with a loadout that I have not even unlocked yet, or all my loadouts reset. 343 put almost zero effort into this game. The final stage is a perfect example of this.

Campaign was fine to me. As for the loadouts it has never happened to me. My point was that people should lessen down on the criticisms on 343. It's their first game and honestly i did not think it would feel like halo. Things will improve with updates and such. I guarantee you their next games will be much better

1. Graphics - Sometimes there are shadows, sometimes there is not. Sometimes shooting the wall will leave a bullet hole, sometiimes not. Its like the game lacks refinement. This very disappointing in the year 2012. Halo 3 had much better graphics. Drive thru the water, no ripples, no nothing. Tires dont move.

In all honesty I was stunned when I first fired up the game. The graphics are weak and the player movement is jerky and terrible. Players move backwards without moving their feet?? After all the hype, just plain disappointing. The spartan is really lacking detail.

2. The movement of the players looks cartoonish. Again the lack of shadowing makes it look like the players are floating and there is no depth to the screen.

3, A blue sight reticle. Really?? Most of the backgrounds are blue.

4. The stupid power / ammo drop.

6. too many loadouts / slash special powers. ect ect. enough with the 20 loadouts....

7. Rank system.

8. The flood. Great, take a Halo franchise and turn it into a zombie game. If you want to do infection, leave them as spartans or elites.

These are all true i also notice the same.. sometimes there when i fire a AR there is not fire(i can see half of it) coming out

Sometimes wheels doesn't move/

glitch maps

I notice the graphic is wired but not sure

>>the animations seems laggy like how game runs..during the matchmaking how spartan runs

>>>MOST of all the dame assassination looks laggy and really unreal>> its like watching a robot assassinate eachother compare to reach i vote for reach

• Like 2

First of all I would like to state that I am not a whinging troll and I think 343 have done a great job overall. However, I think the following tweaks/changes could improve the multiplayer:

1) Combine 'CTF', 'King of the Hill', 'Oddball' (and possibly others?) into the one playlist, 'Team Objective'. I think this would force people to play (and more importantly enjoy!) game types that they would never normally bother with. Also, the community isnt what it used to be with only a relatively small amount of people playing each of the said game types, combining the lot would likely result in a respectable number of people playing in this 'Team Objective' playlist.

2) Get rid of KILLCAM. It doesnt work properly half the time due to lag/ping issues, it probably uses up bandwidth and/or processing power AND it gives away enemy positions.

3) Get rid of weapon location markups on the HUD. The location and presence of a weapon should be left down to a players knowledge of the map and a players awareness (is anyone else currently using that weapon, when did you last see it used etc).

4) Get rid of player selected loadouts and force all players to start with the same weapon. Scatter weapons around the map in strategic positions (NOT RANDOM). This will level the playing field and also encourage people to use weapons they wouldnt normally bother with. It also encourages map control strategies to develop (for example, controlling the rocket launcher spawn).

5) Get rid of Killstreak rewards. deathstreak and 'team assist'?? streaks can stay if they must!

I think its lame the way some of the above have obviously been thrown in 'because COD has it'. The game is more than good enough to pave its own path.

Does anyone know if any 343 employees actually read these forums?

First of all I would like to state that I am not a whinging troll and I think 343 have done a great job overall. However, I think the following tweaks/changes could improve the multiplayer:

1) Combine 'CTF', 'King of the Hill', 'Oddball' (and possibly others?) into the one playlist, 'Team Objective'. I think this would force people to play (and more importantly enjoy!) game types that they would never normally bother with. Also, the community isnt what it used to be with only a relatively small amount of people playing each of the said game types, combining the lot would likely result in a respectable number of people playing in this 'Team Objective' playlist.

2) Get rid of KILLCAM. It doesnt work properly half the time due to lag/ping issues, it probably uses up bandwidth and/or processing power AND it gives away enemy positions.

3) Get rid of weapon location markups on the HUD. The location and presence of a weapon should be left down to a players knowledge of the map and a players awareness (is anyone else currently using that weapon, when did you last see it used etc).

4) Get rid of player selected loadouts and force all players to start with the same weapon. Scatter weapons around the map in strategic positions (NOT RANDOM). This will level the playing field and also encourage people to use weapons they wouldnt normally bother with. It also encourages map control strategies to develop (for example, controlling the rocket launcher spawn).

5) Get rid of Killstreak rewards. deathstreak and 'team assist'?? streaks can stay if they must!

I think its lame the way some of the above have obviously been thrown in 'because COD has it'. The game is more than good enough to pave its own path.

While I dont mind these things you have mentioned when it comes to the current system, I certainly hope these kinds of changes will be made to the actual ranked playlists they intend to implement early next year.
  • Like 1

While I dont mind these things you have mentioned when it comes to the current system, I certainly hope these kinds of changes will be made to the actual ranked playlists they intend to implement early next year.

The killcam etc. are good for casual matches. Keeps new players from abandoning the game, and even helps them learn the game. It's why many shooters have it these days.

That said, it should be easy to add a patch to make them optional for customer matches.

If we look the game outside the box, compare it to it´s predecessors as well competitive titles on the market, OP has valid points. If you are just too much of a fanboy or still caught up with the hype, please think a bit before typing your comment. You don´t have to agree with every point, nobody does have to do that but these are very valid complaints that have been well represented as well as the explained why they are as the way they are.

I understand that if you think it is the best game ever made, you won´t easily allow anybody to complain about the lacking aspects of the game, but when you actually criticize your favorite game and really think about the cons (BTW there are always problems in games, there is no such thing as perfect.) You will find out that these are the biggest problems the game has.

I don´t hate or love the game as many of you by now have come into that conclusion. It is unpolished product with great potential, it just needs attention a bit more from 343 Industries. Instead of trying to arrange a flame war or saying that the fame is "perfect" try to help him by either agreeing that there are some points you wish to be better in the future or then just shut up, it will not lead to anywhere.

At least he is trying to make the game better and influence instead of trying to prove something to be not true, while it is the truth, a fact as you will call it.

Campaign was fine to me. As for the loadouts it has never happened to me. My point was that people should lessen down on the criticisms on 343. It's their first game and honestly i did not think it would feel like halo. Things will improve with updates and such. I guarantee you their next games will be much better

This point is true, it is 343 first game, but not all of the employees first game, nor first Halo game. A lot of Bungies old employees transferred to 343 in order to keep making Halo series, so they are familiar on how the Halo was and should be and therefore they will get harsher critic than usual first timer game companies. When there are veterans of the industry, especially the specific franchise like Halo, the expectations for them is higher than average. You can´t call a crappy movie from some movie director legend like George Lucas a good film when it obviously sucks, you get my metaphor?

Still they now have opportunity to make things better but we as a community can help them by giving them the points that need to be improved and if 343 Industry listens, they can still bring Halo 4 to it´s former glory. It has sold a lot, that is true and there are fans that like the new Halo 4 but then there are veterans who don´t so the community will be split in two, it means the player base is half as big as it used to be.

Hey there 343i,

I posted this same thing on Haloway Point and just wanted to make sure you guys see it:

Here are some of the things that many players out there think the playlists need to make this a better experience for all of us:

1. Big Team Objective - One Flag, Multi-Flag, Territories, Assault (all the good stuff you know :))

2. Consolidate the 5v5 Playlists - We don't need a just Oddball or King of the Hill playlist just one called "Team Objective" would be great as with past Halo games. This will pool the population for those game types as well and voting will allow the people to decide which gametype they like

3. Add community made Forge maps to the rotation - some peeps out there make really good maps, there are already remakes of lockout and a few other classics that need to be in the system.

Great game guys keep up the good work!

A: Halo 3 had the WORST multiplayer of the Series, people who cite it as a being better than anything never had to go from Halo 2 Multiplayer to the joke Halo 3's was. The movement was clumsy and the weapons were a joke, it felt like a poor emulation of the success of Halo 2 with cheap sprinkles added (Rank and leveling). If Reach's MP was like 3's I would have never played Halo MP again, so thank God it wasn't.

B:Amazing graphics don't make a game magically good , just look at how successful Minecraft is, and the game looks like the **** I played when I was a kid. People need to stop whining about how "Bad" the graphics are in 4. From the point of view of somebody who grew up in late 80/90's and has seen the evolution of games/graphics firsthand, you sound like spoiled children.

Sure there are some annoying issues with Halo 4's MP, but once they patch it up it will be just fine. Just give 343i a few days to breath.

• Like 1

B:Amazing graphics don't make a game magically good , just look at how successful Minecraft is, and the game looks like the **** I played when I was a kid. People need to stop whining about how "Bad" the graphics are in 4. From the point of view of somebody who grew up in late 80/90's and has seen the evolution of games/graphics firsthand, you sound like spoiled children.

From that post alone, you are younger than I am, but you still fail to see the point with this. You cannot compare gimicky games like Minecraft to Halo. Minecraft was a cheaply made, and intended simply cheap game to amuse people for hours by building even crappier things. Halo however is a game based on the First Person perspective of a human super soldier trying to prevent the extinction of the human race...clearly, graphics play as big a part in a game like, that just as much as the story does.

Second, graphics from the days of Coleco, Atari, Sega Mastery etc...were the best they had at the time. If the developers had streaming 3d rendering...do you really think Pong or Donkey Kong would have kept the same graphical look?

The point is, that after 4 long years, the fanbase was treated to a game, that in every engine and gameplay aspect, fails to compare or even attempt to level itself with the quality we got from Bungie, with a shorter time period. When we hear things like, "343i got ex-Bungie employees", one must also ask themselves..... "Ex-Employee? Did they get fired? layed off? Or willingly move? Were these said employees really any good at their job?" From the wuality we got, I would say that most of these ex-employees were willing let go, or allowed to leave since their talent or quality of work clearly wasn't up to Bungie's par.

Hey there 343i,

I posted this same thing on Haloway Point and just wanted to make sure you guys see it:

Here are some of the things that many players out there think the playlists need to make this a better experience for all of us:

1. Big Team Objective - One Flag, Multi-Flag, Territories, Assault (all the good stuff you know :))

2. Consolidate the 5v5 Playlists - We don't need a just Oddball or King of the Hill playlist just one called "Team Objective" would be great as with past Halo games. This will pool the population for those game types as well and voting will allow the people to decide which gametype they like

3. Add community made Forge maps to the rotation - some peeps out there make really good maps, there are already remakes of lockout and a few other classics that need to be in the system.

Great game guys keep up the good work!

AMEN!

The join games in progress feature is terrible. While it was good in theory, an overwhelming amount of games that we are paired to this way are losing matches. Now, I'm a decent player but I can't pull my team out of the 100 ft hole that they are usually in when I join. I hope this feature is removed because over all it is an inconvience and an annoyance. I would almost rather play Reach than deal with this on a regular basis. I know there are plenty of people who feel the same way I do, and I hope 343 rectifies this soon.