Safe to play Halo 4 Online?

Samn337

Getting my copy tomorrow, legitimately, I heard MS was banning people for playing it early online. Actually, I've heard a lot of crap such as they're going to sue and such.

Is this all true? Or is it just usual internet.

I believe they wouldn't do anything since it's a legit copy?

Getting my copy tomorrow, legitimately, I heard MS was banning people for playing it early online. Actually, I've heard a lot of crap such as they're going to sue and such.

Is this all true? Or is it just usual internet.

I believe they wouldn't do anything since it's a legit copy?

Only certain GT's are supposed to have it by now. Even if your retailer sent it to you early, you'll be banned. If they let you pick it up early, they could be sued, AND you could get banned. Just DO NOT play it until around midnight in your time zone.

I know a gaming reviewer from another forum whose got a cleared gt to play it (had it a around a week).

Personally though its so close to release day now, they surely would expect eager fans who have been fortunate enough to get it dispatched early to go online.

I've already had my pre-order bonus codes emailed to me, so possible I'll get the game dispatched for Monday.

I know a gaming reviewer from another forum whose got a cleared gt to play it (had it a around a week).

Personally though its so close to release day now, they surely would expect eager fans who have been fortunate enough to get it dispatched early to go online.

I've already had my pre-order bonus codes emailed to me, so possible I'll get the game dispatched for Monday.

Thats pretty cool you already got your codes...that must make it feel so much more real for you lol

I'd not play either way. They can be spiteful.

If the game has not been publicly released, then it's not safe to play, If you are not on M$' list of cleared tags/people, then according to them, your copy is not legit, no matter how you obtained it.

also:

1. Game has not been publicly released, no servers are online.

2. I doubt your copy is actually legit and you've been cleared, but you can be suprised sometimes...

I would not even touch that game until release, M$ has all sorts of ways to know about things.. :/

If the game has not been publicly released, then it's not safe to play, If you are not on M$' list of cleared tags/people, then according to them, your copy is not legit, no matter how you obtained it.

also:

1. Game has not been publicly released, no servers are online.

2. I doubt your copy is actually legit and you've been cleared, but you can be suprised sometimes...

I would not even touch that game until release, M$ has all sorts of ways to know about things.. :/

1. My game is indeed legit, I bought it at a local store.. I don't know how more legit that can be..

2. Servers are online, I've played Reach a week early and no ban.. And the servers must be online for the reviewers and such.

1. My game is indeed legit, I bought it at a local store.. I don't know how more legit that can be..

2. Servers are online, I've played Reach a week early and no ban.. And the servers must be online for the reviewers and such.

1. They are not being sold at this time.

2. the servers for Halo 4 are not online, Reviewers use system link and stuff like that.

2. the servers for Halo 4 are not online, Reviewers use system link and stuff like that.

Well, I am playing with thousands of people at this moment, 343 sent a welcome message welcoming us.. No ban guys, Feel free to play.

Intriguing. Hope the banhammer doesn't leave a welt.

Also dug this up also;

343 Industries have posted a notice on Twitter, for those who are playing Halo 4 early, that a “technical glitch” is causing players to be banned across Xbox Live.

People affected by the ban not only include people who have gained access to the game legally. 343 Industries along with Microsoft are working on fixing the problem as we speak.

“Some folks playing Halo 4 today were banned in-game on accident. Technical glitch. We’re working on the fix and so sorry for the error,” read a tweet on the official Halo Waypoint Twitter feed.

You have no idea what you are talking about. First off many game distributors get games a few days early and are told not to sell until release date. It's the distributors responsibility if he or she sells the game early. My friend is only 20 and owns a small game shop and he has copies of Halo 4 already, but he isn't stupid enough to sell it to his friends. Some other people are however. So Halo 4 is technically currently being sold, under the table.

And reviews use system link and stuff like that?!?!?! Who do you think you are? Why in the world would reviewers test a game on system link? That will not give them the same feedback as 98% of the Halo 4 games who will soon be playing online. Also, why would 343 decide to leave the servers offline until release date? This would create chaos! Servers for most big games are up weeks before release so that they can constantly be tested. The last thing you want are servers crashing the day the biggest game of the year comes out.

You have no idea what you are talking about. First off many game distributors get games a few days early and are told not to sell until release date. It's the distributors responsibility if he or she sells the game early. My friend is only 20 and owns a small game shop and he has copies of Halo 4 already, but he isn't stupid enough to sell it to his friends. Some other people are however. So Halo 4 is technically currently being sold, under the table.

And reviews use system link and stuff like that?!?!?! Who do you think you are? Why in the world would reviewers test a game on system link? That will not give them the same feedback as 98% of the Halo 4 games who will soon be playing online. Also, why would 343 decide to leave the servers offline until release date? This would create chaos! Servers for most big games are up weeks before release so that they can constantly be tested. The last thing you want are servers crashing the day the biggest game of the year comes out.

1. Exactly!

2. You obviously think reviewers are like 1 guy, no, most if not all game reviewers, are actually a large group of people who system link their systems to play games and review them.(If it means anything, a few of my friends used to review games a while back not anymore though)

3. Sure, the servers are up, but not for the public.

Edited by killerdude1635

1. Exactly!

2. You obviously think reviewers are like 1 guy, no, most if not all game reviewers, are actually a large group of people who system link their systems to play games and review them.(If it means anything, a few of my friends used to review games a while back not anymore though)

3. Sure, the servers are up, but not for the public.

They are up for the public, please, tell me where you're getting this information, because you're clearly talking out of your ass.