Can I play my copy of Halo 4?

Adavanter

Ah I guess I should point out I really just want to play campaign. Didn't know if that's considered against the rules etc. I figured MP was offline or near empty.

This is not an official response, nor should it be taken as such. This is simply an "I'm lookin out for you because I love Halo as well".

If it is a legit copy of the game, then you shouldn't have any trouble playing it. However, if it's a stolen copy, then you will be console banned, and your XBL Account may be deleted. Also, please note that technically, the only people who should have a copy of Halo 4 at this point in time are Gamestop managers, IGN employees, and other review company employees who commonly receive advance copies of the game. Mind you, if you are not one of these people, then your friends may report you if they see you playing the game early, and Microsoft is on edge with the stolen copy thing, so things may get ugly pretty quickly.

My suggestion is to either play offline, or wait until November 6.

• Like 2

I agree with all of the above. Do NOT play online. After the major leak of H4, microsoft is really cracking down on people with this game. If you really cant wait 9 days, play it offline. Or else say good bye to your xbox live. I rather see you playing with others on Nov 6 instead of sitting home and cant play. Trust me 9 days came vey fast. you can wait. I have faith.

Thanks for the great replies guys. I'll go ahead and stay offline then. Been a Halo fan since the beginning. I've gotten the Legendary versions each time and the limited this time.

Can't wait to see how the storyline play out!

As for lawsuits... yeah I don't think anyone who has a legit copy needs to worry about that.

Thanks for the great replies guys. I'll go ahead and stay offline then. Been a Halo fan since the beginning. I've gotten the Legendary versions each time and the limited this time.

Can't wait to see how the storyline play out!

As for lawsuits... yeah I don't think anyone who has a legit copy needs to worry about that.

If you weren't allowed by Microsoft or 343Industries to get it, it is considered stolen. Do not connect to LIVE while playing, you will be banned and likely taken to court.

I am not affiliated with Microsoft or 343Industries in any way, I just know what will happen to you. Besides, they can't really tell which copy is illegal. They probably only have certain XBL accounts allowed to play. Which you don't seem to be one, so take heed.

If you were to play right now, my best guess is that microsoft would take legal action with some possible state law charges as well (receiving stolen property). I wouldn't recommend it as you may be asking for a misdemeanor on your record with whatever microsoft would have in store as well.

Actually it can and likely will get MUCH more serious then a simple console ban, likely a law suit.

If it isn't stolen they don't have anything to sue on unless he leaks which they could then sue for damages. It is entirely possible that he ordered the game and a retailer sent it to him early. It would be much more likely that they would sue the retailer for making such a grave error.

How would they be able to tell he wasn't a GameStop manager or any of the other positions you guys have listed? Not doubting you, just curious. But yeah, I'd stay offline and enjoy the campaign dude

They likely have a program with a list of allowed GT's to play. If someone who isn't on the list gets on, boom, ban. Most likely and easy option.

Actually your console will record your playing, even offline, so don't use your xboxlive profile if you truly feel the need to play, because if you do, and when you reconnect your xbox to live, the date you first played H4 WILL show up on your profile and if anybody sees that and reports it, its just as bad as playing online early.

it happend to people when H3 came out.

if you really want to play, make a new non-xbox live profile.

If it isn't stolen they don't have anything to sue on unless he leaks which they could then sue for damages. It is entirely possible that he ordered the game and a retailer sent it to him early. It would be much more likely that they would sue the retailer for making such a grave error.

Unless he is on the list of people who are allowed to have the game, then yes, it is stolen and they do have quite a bit on them. Microsoft is a multi-billion dollar corporation that has a massive hard-on for lawsuits, they see anything, and I mean anything, that they can sue someone over, they jump on it like white on rice.

MS has been cracking down very hard on people have copies of Halo 4, if he is not on their list or whatever, they WILL take him to court.

My guess for you dude, is to not even touch that copy, cause itll bring down all kinds of bad into your life.