Maybe new idea for skill/progression system

Josh Register

what if they made it to were you have to get to SR 50 before you get a number rank? like that would stop like a ton of boosting and people selling accounts because it would take forever just to get to a real number rank. people wouldn't invest that much time halo to sale a lvl 50 account just to pick up 35$. plus this would make all the casual gamer happy because they would get the top with the symbol rank hero and then they could go to a ranked number matching thing that only SR heroes can go in??? IDK maybe??

what if they made it to were you have to get to SR 50 before you get a number rank? like that would stop like a ton of boosting and people selling accounts because it would take forever just to get to a real number rank. people wouldn't invest that much time halo to sale a lvl 50 account just to pick up 35$. plus this would make all the casual gamer happy because they would get the top with the symbol rank hero and then they could go to a ranked number matching thing that only SR heroes can go in??? IDK maybe??

Not a terrible idea, but I think the best idea out there as of now is having two separate Ranked and Social playlists that have mirror gametypes. Social will have SR1-SR50 for unlocking weapons, grenades, etc, and having fun. Ranked will have a different 1-50 pertaining to skill.

Not a terrible idea, but I think the best idea out there as of now is having two separate Ranked and Social playlists that have mirror gametypes. Social will have SR1-SR50 for unlocking weapons, grenades, etc, and having fun. Ranked will have a different 1-50 pertaining to skill.

You realize how much server power it would require to support two different systems that have a complete playlist system. i mean microsoft could easily shell out the server power, but will they spend the money on it? no

You realize how much server power it would require to support two different systems that have a complete playlist system. i mean microsoft could easily shell out the server power, but will they spend the money on it? no

That's how it was in Halo 2 and 3. Some were exclusively ranked and some where exclusively unranked but a lot of them have two playlists, like Team Slayer.

That's how it was in Halo 2 and 3. Some were exclusively ranked and some where exclusively unranked but a lot of them have two playlists, like Team Slayer.

This. It's not hard.

I mean, the hardcore would be reasonably satisfied with just ONE ranked playlist. Unless it sucks (like Arena : ( )

Exactly, I'd like to see this in Halo 4. It probably won't happen though, since 343i wants to make it more "appealing to the masses" AKA making it more like CoD.

Not only that but they already said that the it will be a mix of Host and server systems. Host will carry the most, but the servers will take over when the host leaves, new players join/quit, or when re-establishing host connections etc. So the servers will not be strained as much as they were in the past, and the same goes for host.