Idea: AI Weapon Pickup

GrayForce

Just something that popped into my head while I was playing Firefight today.

I don't know if you guys have ever really noticed this, or care to notice... but I think it might be nice to see AI in Halo 4 that actually pick up new, better weapons.

Like if you're facing off with an Elite that's holding a plasma pistol, then you run into a room filled with shotguns... don't you kind of expect the Elite to grab a shotgun? Instead he just keeps his plasma pistol and you kill him easily by picking up a shotgun for yourself.

So I just thought that it might be nice to see AI that pick up better weapons in the battlefield if they find one available to them.

Edit:

And yeah, you could argue that the Elites wouldn't be allowed to use, say, a sword because of their rank... but if you hand a Marine (who is generally Private - Sergeant in rank) a rocket launcher, nobody complains right?

is it because elites don't have enough brain power to know how to change weapons and pick them up, so as such, they only keep the ones.

i think they should get harder in rank with different weapons

low elites = plasma pistol

high elites = Rocket Launchers/Snipers.

is it because elites don't have enough brain power to know how to change weapons and pick them up, so as such, they only keep the ones.

They would still get stronger weapons with higher rank... but if an Elite with, say, a plasma rifle has his entire team wiped out and his leader used a sword, don't you think he'd go grab the sword if it raised his survival chances?

Also, Elites are intelligent. Haven't you played Halo 3 and listened to them talk? Grunts are the ones that are dopey, and I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to not drop their plasma pistols... but still, I think AI (Elites, Brutes, etc.) should have the ability to change their weapons.

Now granted, I don't know what the main enemies will be in Halo 4... but if they're intelligent, they should have this feature.

Just because u can talk doesn't mean you are intelligent.

i agree with you, and maybe i phrased my idea wrong, basically depending on how difficult the elite is, shows what weapon he should have.

it'd be weird seeing a low ranking elite using a launcher.

i agree with your idea, but it should be tested first, and then see how that goes.

low elites = plasma pistol

high elites = Rocket Launchers/Snipers.

Its really just the AI system. To cause a that reaction reqire A LOT of computer power, of which cannot be stored on a disk, not with current tech.

• 2 weeks later...

Just something that popped into my head while I was playing Firefight today.

I don't know if you guys have ever really noticed this, or care to notice... but I think it might be nice to see AI in Halo 4 that actually pick up new, better weapons.

Like if you're facing off with an Elite that's holding a plasma pistol, then you run into a room filled with shotguns... don't you kind of expect the Elite to grab a shotgun? Instead he just keeps his plasma pistol and you kill him easily by picking up a shotgun for yourself.

So I just thought that it might be nice to see AI that pick up better weapons in the battlefield if they find one available to them.

Edit:

And yeah, you could argue that the Elites wouldn't be allowed to use, say, a sword because of their rank... but if you hand a Marine (who is generally Private - Sergeant in rank) a rocket launcher, nobody complains right?

It would be considered heresy to touch a human weapon.