Custom Games Matchmaking

Nilta

I suggest that there should be a new feature added to custom games in halo 4, matchmaking. It would work like this. You open a custom games lobby and you set it to matchmaking. People who go to the playlist for custom games would end up in your custom games lobbies. I would love to have this feature because if you wanted to test out a new forge map you made, you wont have to round up all your friends or invite random people, instead they will just join.

I really suck at explaining things so if you don't understand tell me

What do you think?

• Like 1

So what you're trying to convey is basically an open lobby for curious players to test out player-made maps and gametypes straight through a Matchmaking server to eliminate the lengthy process of finding and inviting players yourself?

If so, I think it would be a great idea if everything went flawlessly. If this actually was implemented into Halo 4, I would assume that 9 times out of 10 the map/gametype would be faulty/incomplete/unfair/etc.

I guess this is why in Reach, Forge maps had to go to Bungie for consideration before they were implemented into Matchmaking.

So what you're trying to convey is basically an open lobby for curious players to test out player-made maps and gametypes straight through a Matchmaking server to eliminate the lengthy process of finding and inviting players yourself?

If so, I think it would be a great idea if everything went flawlessly. If this actually was implemented into Halo 4, I would assume that 9 times out of 10 the map/gametype would be faulty/incomplete/unfair/etc.

I guess this is why in Reach, Forge maps had to go to Bungie for consideration before they were implemented into Matchmaking.

Yes, I know I thought about joining games that are unfair. But I thought if you don't like the game type you could just leave. It's that simple

Yes, I know I thought about joining games that are unfair. But I thought if you don't like the game type you could just leave. It's that simple

Agreed. I guess there could be some sort of a voting process that allowed you to input feedback whether it was a legitimate custom game or not.

When you enter the lobby, there could be 4 options to choose from, each with a percentage 0%-100% positive to determine what players have voted before. Who knows.

If this would actually be possible to set up, it might be a good idea.

The only problem i see is there might be too many seriously bad gametypes/maps and trolling players.

This. And as for the feedback idea the same would happen :/ , people could just give 0's to just mess around even though the map is good. There will always be those players who just want to troll. Still its a good idea.

This would be great to have. I don't enough IRL friends who constantly play Halo and like customs enough to have full lobbies to test maps frequently. And randoms with the intent of going into a map they haven't played before to experience it and test it are better than skeptical randoms/XBL friends you invite. Maybe Halo 5 or 6.