Prometheus

SternuS

We couldn't expect anything better than this from Ridley Scott, could we?

Spectacular story, screenplay and special effects, this managed to be one of the most amazing movies i've seen this year...so far.

But it's not only a matter of stunning scenes. There are a lot of aspects that personally i'm not enough smart to understand.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////SPOILER ALERT! ALERT!\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

First, what do you think of the entire plot? Do you like it? Why?

And i have many other questions i'd like to ask you, like...why should they want to destroy humanity?

How did they created that black liquid? What is that?

That sculpture we can see behind the huge head statue, where all the "urns" are, i think i saw a crucifix-like image, with a reclined head of an Alien on it...what should it mean?

I'd really like to discuss this with you, because i think this is a movie with a deep intricate meaning, that i still can't manage to catch.

Please, leave your thoughts and opinions and theories below, because i'm really interested to understand this.

I saw this a while ago. Spectacular movie, if you ask me.

However, I'm starting to forget some of the plot, so correct me along the way.

But first, a few questions of my own...

If we were molded by this superior race, how did they do it? And where did THEY come from?

Why do they choose biological warfare over chemical warfare?

If we were molded by this superior race, how did they do it? And where did THEY come from?

Why do they choose biological warfare over chemical warfare?

The first scene is this er...Engineer, with a spaceship leaving the surface of this planet, that drinks this strange black liquid, then you see the cells being disrupted, he dies and falls in the water, and from it's dead cells the life starts evolving, with the mitosis spreading everywhere. It means, that dead alien gave us life. This is obviously taken by the Greek myth of Prometheus. It's likely unknown where they come from.

And...who knows? Maybe they thought a biological weapon was better than a chemical one.

Isn't this movie a prequel to aliens?

Yes, and...?